Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default My 401k is low - it's climate change's fault!!

Well, since the world is ending in 12 years, then I see no point in saving for the future either!

---

Young people blame climate change for their small 401(k) balances

Many young people today think civilization may not exist when they’re of retirement age. Here are ways to get them to invest for the future.

Lori Rodriguez, a 27-year-old communications professional in New York City, is not saving for retirement, and it isn’t necessarily because she can’t afford to — it’s because she doesn’t expect it to matter.

Like many people her age, Rodriguez believes climate change will have catastrophic effects on our planet. Some 88% of millennials — a higher percentage than any other age group — accept that climate change is happening, and 69% say it will impact them in their lifetimes. Engulfed in a constant barrage of depressing news stories, many young people are skeptical about saving for an uncertain future.

“I want to hope for the best and plan for a future that is stable and secure, but, when I look at current events and at the world we are predicting, I do not see how things could not be chaotic in 50 years,” Rodriguez says. “The weather systems are already off, and I don’t think it’s hyperbolic to be a little apocalyptic.”

Mental-health issues affecting young adults and adolescents in the U.S. have increased significantly in the past decade, a study published in March in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology found. The number of individuals between the ages of 18 and 25 reporting symptoms of major depression increased 52% from 2005 to 2017, while older adults did not experience any increase in psychological stress at this time, and some age groups even saw decreases. Study author Jean Twenge says this may be attributed to the increased use of digital media, which has changed modes of interaction enough to impact social lives and communication. Millennials are also said to suffer from “eco-anxiety,” according to a 2018 report from the American Psychological Association, with 72% saying their emotional well-being is affected by the inevitability of climate change, compared with just 57% of people over the age of 45.

Rest - https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...med-2019-05-23
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

One person interviewed makes it headline news? This is horseshit Jim. Even the article states young people are investing at a steady rate. This article is so dumb.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    One person interviewed makes it headline news? This is horseshit Jim. Even the article states young people are investing at a steady rate. This article is so dumb.
    Who said "headline news"? I was passing by market watch as I often do and read this today.

But while you're here - there's about 50 threads waiting for you. Surprised you're slowly crawling out now, now that more accusations are being made about Trump. What a surprise that one is!!

But also while you're here, don't bypass the endless threads about the immense wrongdoing that Barr and Durham are looking into! That circular firing squad is something even you would get some humor out of. Some humor, but of course no condemnation. Wouldn't expect that from ya!!

I'm hoping for some replies before the world ends soon!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I've been waiting for something interesting. Nothing but junk sources, spouting junk stories. When something interesting happens, and you post about it, I'll reply.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I've been waiting for something interesting. Nothing but junk sources, spouting junk stories. When something interesting happens, and you post about it, I'll reply.
    What a coincidence that your clients only show up when a lively thread about Democratic wrong doing is going on around here....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Of course the news coming out from Barr/Durham, and the FISA stuff reported everywhere, isn't news to you. Hell, it wasn't news to you in the past 2 years, I didn't expect it to be now. Same as you denying everything and anything claiming 'sources', when posted on many major sites - including CNN, Reuters, AP News.... but really - do you REALLY expect me or anyone else to believe that if these things came from a left wing source, you would suddenly reply and condemn?

And it's of no surprise, that you have no interest in the truth and allowing an investigation of the left. The truth has never interested before.

In other words, all that time away, and you come back and puke on the board.