Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Moral Panic over Sex work

I kinda wish the Govt would get out of the business of making money over oppression

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

It starts at a base individual level, with a person not being able to legally offer sex services, and exponentially grows from there when these people try and organise themselves for better client and sex worker safety etc, and ends up with these counter intuitive moral panics.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

4. Likes darin, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I kinda wish the Govt would get out of the business of making money over oppression

Haven't you noticed almost all our "enemies" are fabricated BS? Yes, you can buy sex and in some countries you can buy children. If one exists, it's an epidemic.

It's all about keeping the average dolt's eyes off the ball and on the little playing field of diversion. Our legal system is a money-making organization that preys on people who cannot afford to beat it in court, and win, lose or draw, you're still going to be broke if you get caught up in it. It's as crooked as the "deep state" bureaucracy we call a government.

And yes, it IS leftist, minding my business for me bullshit. If I was in the market, I'd much prefer a hooker that's had all her shots. I have to pay for them (shots) if I pick out a puppy at the pound.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just go to NV, it's legal there.

But I don't get why prostitution is illegal. If a woman wants to sell it, and a man is willing to pay for it... what's the problem? Shouldn't that be their own personal business? Why does the government have to butt into people's sex lives? Why is it OK for the government to butt it's nose in and say it's fine and dandy for two homos to marry and engage in pervert sex, but it's not OK for two heterosexual adults to engage in sex, even for profit, if it's a mutually agreed upon deal? It's a booming business in NV, where I lived for 8 years and never once heard a story on the news about something bad going on.

Just legalize it and all this would stop, aside from if there is underage workers. That would need to be monitored, but I never heard of under aged hookers in NV.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Just go to NV, it's legal there.

But I don't get why prostitution is illegal. If a woman wants to sell it, and a man is willing to pay for it... what's the problem? Shouldn't that be their own personal business? Why does the government have to butt into people's sex lives? Why is it OK for the government to butt it's nose in and say it's fine and dandy for two homos to marry and engage in pervert sex, but it's not OK for two heterosexual adults to engage in sex, even for profit, if it's a mutually agreed upon deal? It's a booming business in NV, where I lived for 8 years and never once heard a story on the news about something bad going on.

Just legalize it and all this would stop, aside from if there is underage workers. That would need to be monitored, but I never heard of under aged hookers in NV.
    It used to be a moral issue. Now it's just a money-maker for the State issue. They'd probably make more money legalizing it and taxing it. Same with pot. But that would mean cutting back on part of the bureaucracy's cash cow and a means of justifying their existence. "Look how many people I saved from themselves," at theirs and taxpayer expense
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It used to be a moral issue. Now it's just a money-maker for the State issue. They'd probably make more money legalizing it and taxing it. Same with pot. But that would mean cutting back on part of the bureaucracy's cash cow and a means of justifying their existence. "Look how many people I saved from themselves," at theirs and taxpayer expense
    The revenue a state can pocket from legal prostitution is staggering. When a good hooker can pull down $1,000 an hour, and then pay taxes on that income, what possible objection would a state have to that?