Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default 75 Fifth Anniversary of D-Day

Yeah, that is 4 days ahead. But I figured I would
    start this to see what others have found to recognize this:

https://www.foxnews.com/
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks darin, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes darin, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks Drummond, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Tribute to D Day June 6, 1944...
    Dwight D. Eisenhower said "Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him." Warriors smile in trouble, gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection,they pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of life ,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. On this day June 6,2019 let us remember June 6, 1944 let us take a moment to remember D-Day fatalities 2700 British soldiers and 2499 American soldiers who for the love of their country accepted death to provide us with the freedom we relish ourselves in today that from these honored dead we never forget and that we highly resolve here and now that these dead shall not have died in vain. "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." — Gen. George S. Patton.
    Remembering D day June 6,1944

A Deplorable!

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Isn't it amazing that such men (some not out of their teens yet) displayed such bravery, loyalty and sense of duty? What I see in today's youth makes me worry for the future. Having said that, I happen to know that such young men and women do exist these days but perhaps not in the numbers of the past.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

8. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Isn't it amazing that such men (some not out of their teens yet) displayed such bravery, loyalty and sense of duty? What I see in today's youth makes me worry for the future. Having said that, I happen to know that such young men and women do exist these days but perhaps not in the numbers of the past.
    Before WWII, the US was not a major player regarding the military. Heck in WWI the new recruits were practicing with broomsticks and mops. It's the challenges that actually shows the mettle and the numbers, don't you think? There are more than a few MOH recipients that until that 'moment' didn't stand out.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Before WWII, the US was not a major player regarding the military. Heck in WWI the new recruits were practicing with broomsticks and mops. It's the challenges that actually shows the mettle and the numbers, don't you think? There are more than a few MOH recipients that until that 'moment' didn't stand out.
    Absolutely agree! I will say that the very idea of stepping up (despite the lack of equipment and knowing the risks) displays a huge amount of intestinal fortitude that many today lack. We currently live in a society where "bravery" is defined as declaring yourself one of 137 different genders and "heroism" is represented by someone who chooses to mutilate their body in a very fundamental way.

I am beginning to believe the motto of today's youth is "I want to be different just like everyone else!"
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

11. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Just thinking that this is likely the last 'big' anniversary, where some of those who were there are present. Most are already gone. Thinking of my dad.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

13. Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Just thinking that this is likely the last 'big' anniversary, where some of those who were there are present. Most are already gone. Thinking of my dad.
    Yep. Most of the WWII vets are gone; soon the Korean War vets will be gone and then the Vietnam Vets.... the cycle of life I guess.
    Thomas Jefferson

15. Likes Kathianne liked this post