Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default So I'm sitting around minding my own busineess this morning when the phone rings

It's the social worker we have been dealing with for several years as we have fostered and then adopted kids. She has twin boys age 6 who are in immediate need of a foster home and she thought of us (probably cuz she knows were suckers for kids)

Anyway, the only problem is we fall in love with the kids we foster and end up adopting them. That's how we have 8 kids now. Only 3 of which are blood One by my first wife two with the much better second wife.

Ugh, they're coming for dinner tonight. Knowing us they won't leave.

2. Thanks SassyLady, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Kudos to you for helping so many kids, that's awesome!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Kudos to you for helping so many kids, that's awesome!
    I would honestly have many more living here if we could afford it. That's truly the only concern here is the financial aspect of two more lives depending on us.

5. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well, had dinner with the two boys last night, and then breakfast this morning. LOL My wife and I are such sucker.

My wife "you know if you'd sell that old Mustang it would make it a lot easier to take in these two boys" woman, I'd sell you first. She didn't find that amusing , but I mean this is a 1965 Shelby GT350 we're talking about.

Anyway , our social worker will be out today with paperwork, but yes we're gonna foster them. Sweet boys who's lives have been turne upside down by drugs.

I was planning on working part time soon anyway, I've accepted a guest lecture position at the local junior college for next semester, only 2 courses , three times a week. History. And yeah I can't I'll make the kids call me Doctor LOL

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

How many of you remember your first steak............... I grilled up some ribeyes over the weekend , the new little guys had never had a steak in their young lives. I enjoyed watching their reaction more than I enjoyed the steak.

I'm already in love with these 2. I wish everyone could afford to foster and or adopt needy kids who need a loving stable home.

9. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc, SassyLady, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    How many of you remember your first steak............... I grilled up some ribeyes over the weekend , the new little guys had never had a steak in their young lives. I enjoyed watching their reaction more than I enjoyed the steak.

I'm already in love with these 2. I wish everyone could afford to foster and or adopt needy kids who need a loving stable home.
    I'm going to have to notch you down a few pegs from 100% dick to around 90%

Hope it works out for you for their sake.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm going to have to notch you down a few pegs from 100% dick to around 90%

Hope it works out for you for their sake.
    LOL no one is 100% dick. But I try, I try.

I jut have a soft spot for kids and believe it i our duty to do what we can for those less fortunate, I'm blessed to be able to do quite a bit.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My wife "you know if you'd sell that old Mustang it would make it a lot easier to take in these two boys" woman, I'd sell you first. She didn't find that amusing , but I mean this is a 1965 Shelby GT350 we're talking about.
    If she forces your hand, and if in perfect running and appearance order - I'll give you $15,000 for it!!

---

Some idea for others on what an awesome car that is (I'll still take a current super snake!). But this bastard has some value.

1965 Shelby GT350 GENUINE GT-350
    $529,995

Stock #: 1
    Mileage: 96,000
    Transmission: Manual
    Condition: Good
    Exterior: white
    Interior: black

1965 Shelby GT350 ALL ORIGINAL DRIVETRAIN AND INTERIOR .

Very Rare 1965 GT-350 Most sought after Shelby year .This car is a must have for any car collector or investor. This car has never been in any accidents , it comes with a lot of paperwork and documentation. It still has its complete original interior with the factory tach, steering wheel and dash console. Has its original numbers matching drivetrain and has been tastefully restored . Don't wait too long this will be a million dollar car one day soon these cars (1965) are blue chip investments and are climbing in value fast . Still has its Original wheels with correct GoodYear Blue dot tires. Also included is a set of Torque Thrust Aluminum wheels with radial tires .
    1965 Shelby GT350 for Sale
    $47,900

Stock #: 19GKM21
    VIN #: 5T09C156890
    Mileage: 277
    Condition: Excellent
    Exterior: Red
    Interior: Black

277 miles since Restoration - C Code 289ci V8/4 Speed Manual - Clean Interior -

(Please note: If you happen to be viewing this vehicle on a website other than our main website, it's possible that only some of our many photographs of this car are presented due to website limitations. To be sure you access all the photographs, please go to our main website: Garage Kept Motors.)

1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Tribute

Garage Kept Motors is pleased to offer this beautiful Shelby GT350 Fastback Tribute. A little extra flair in the styling department gave the GT350 Mustangs some more visual interest than the standard Fastback Coupes. Not only was the curb appeal enhanced, the horsepower was definitely more exciting than the rest of the Mustang line-up. The exampled offered here for consideration has GT350 looks and horsepower without the big GT350 price tag.

Bright Red paint hugging all the curves of this Mustang is hard to miss. Add black racing stripes and this Mustang will be turning heads wherever it goes. Part of the weight savings on the original GT350 was achieved using a fiberglass hood with a steel frame. This car uses a fiberglass hood and trunk-lid, both wearing the traditional racing stripes.

The powerplant under the hood is the original 'C' coded 289 V8 that has been rebuilt and upgraded to produce more power. Rebuilt to .30 over and includes a 600 CFM 4-Barrel carburetor, an Edelbrock intake manifold, Lunati camshaft, new crank assembly, and pointless ignition. All that engine work equates to the engine now pumping out approximately 300 horsepower which puts it right in line with the power of a true '65 GT350. Connected to the power-plant is a 4-speed manual.

A pretty traditional interior includes a deep dish Mustang steering wheel, black vinyl bucket seats, and center console. Upgrades to the interior come in the form of 6 aftermarket white faced gauges, and a Hurst shifter. It also has brand new rubber on period correct wheels. The car fires on command and runs extremely well. Only 277 miles have been recorded since the restoration was completely in 2015.
    1965 Shelby GT350 # 048 Early ORIGINAL Double Digit - VERY RARE
    $549,995

Stock #: 1965 Shelby GT 350 # 048
    VIN #: SFM 5S048
    Condition: Excellent
    Exterior: Wimbledon White
    Interior: Black

This Shelby was destined to be a race car from the day he purchased it according to Dick Roe (the first owner). He had raced an early Cobra the year before and was not very impressed with the reliability of the car. He had read all the articles on the GT 350's he could get his hands on since there were no physical cars to be seen or driven. He lived in Minneapolis, MN and had to go all the way to Chicago to place an order for a car.

He wanted to go get the Shelby to drive it back and was quite concerned about the rear-end of the car having a problem but that was all. He was babying the car to break the motor in properly as he had a race coming up and wanted everything to work correctly. Well, to his surprise the motor let loose! He had the car towed to a Ford dealer who did not even know who Shelby was. Shelby sent out another engine under warranty and it was installed. Finally, the car was ready, and he started his racing. He was doing quite well and was the subject of several articles written about his accomplishments. As soon as I received the car, I pulled out my National SCCA Newsletters and immediately found a half-page which included a picture of him racing at Road America (Elkhart Lake) in 1965. I will include the picture in the article. He also had a major article which covered his participation at a race at Met Stadium in Minneapolis. I believe he won that race.

His serious racing started in 1959 when he ran against Maserati Birdcages and other formidable opposition. In his first race he led almost the entire race and was passed at the very end of the race. However, as a result of that race he established himself as a person to be taken seriously.

The rules in SCCA, for the Shelby to be homologated, were that they could modify the suspension or the motor but not both. Shelby choose to modify the suspension and not the motors. He did not want to warranty race motors. I asked Roe how he did against the race cars with the full race motors. He told me he” blew their doors off”. The Corvette could see the writing on the wall. Their domination in B production was over. As a result, Ford had changed their image to a serious car to deal with!

The second owner was Gerry Mulnix who also was a racer. Not only did he buy this car from Dick Roe, he also bought a 427 SC Cobra which he also raced. He actually set a lap record with the Cobra that stood for about 10 years; which is unheard of. I have a picture of Mulnix standing between 048 and his Cobra with his drivers' suit on. (See picture in the Gallery Below). He told me he did use 048 to tow the Cobra to the races. If he had a problem with the Cobra, he would run 048. Not a bad back up car. I have numerous pictures of Mulnix racing 048 plus several pictures of Mulnix with his Cobra and Carroll Shelby. Those two cars were very well known as a result of Mulnix's prowess in them.

All from - https://www.hemmings.com/cars-for-sa...lby/gt350/1965

Some more about her - https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuati...5-Shelby-GT350
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If she forces your hand, and if in perfect running and appearance order - I'll give you $15,000 for it!!

---

Some idea for others on what an awesome car that is (I'll still take a current super snake!). But this bastard has some value.

All from - https://www.hemmings.com/cars-for-sa...lby/gt350/1965

Some more about her - https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuati...5-Shelby-GT350

My wife was teasing. She would NEVER seriously ask me to sell her. I bought her when I was 16 years old, paid $5K , that was quite a bit of money back in 1988 when these cars really didn't hold any significant value. And yes, she's in perfect concourse condition. .

I RARELY take it out of the climate controlled garage she calls home. However, my wife has driven it, she's far more important to me than a car, and yes if it came down to it I'd sell the car to provide for children who I have sworn to provide for. Much as I love her, she's just car, well okay she's not JUST a car, but she is a car (and ye, she has a name, it's Brooke , after Brooke Shields. Sexy when I bought this car, still sexy even if she is a little older

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My wife was teasing. She would NEVER seriously ask me to sell her. I bought her when I was 16 years old, paid $5K , that was quite a bit of money back in 1988 when these cars really didn't hold any significant value. And yes, she's in perfect concourse condition. .

I RARELY take it out of the climate controlled garage she calls home. However, my wife has driven it, she's far more important to me than a car, and yes if it came down to it I'd sell the car to provide for children who I have sworn to provide for. Much as I love her, she's just car, well okay she's not JUST a car, but she is a car (and ye, she has a name, it's Brooke , after Brooke Shields. Sexy when I bought this car, still sexy even if she is a little older
    Well, thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing ya jerk off!

And hell yeah that's more than a car!! That's like a dream car to many of us Mustang fans!! THIS is my current dream car!

17. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Good on you, dudeman. I salute your generosity.

This world would be a better place with more of that kind of soft-heartedness for youngsters in tough spots.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

19. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I always knew you had a heart
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

21. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Is your nose growing?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Of course I have a heart it's just small so I have to ration it out. LOL

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post