Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Sorry to hear that.

The Army guy in me wants to scream "Suck it up and ruck on!!" but having been there under similar circumstances (but for different reasons) my advice would be "Go get that cast!" and have your head checked while you are at it.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Ouchtown population you bro. Feel better.

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

damn dude, this sucks to hear! Get well fast and glad you got the dog back! That is scary! Def get the head checked out. Almost certainly a concussion and that is no joke. When you throw up it means it's bad.
    Last edited by pete311; 06-04-2019 at 11:56 AM.

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Has anyone heard from Jim in the last 24-36 hours?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Has anyone heard from Jim in the last 24-36 hours?
    If my math doesn't fail me, he was posting after the fall, less than 24 hours ago.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If my math doesn't fail me, he was posting after the fall, less than 24 hours ago.
    I know the head thing can manifest into a problem a week or later after it happened with brain swelling. I just do hope he did get that checked out.

I suppose if he got a whole cast put on, typing is going to be a pain too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I know the head thing can manifest into a problem a week or later after it happened with brain swelling. I just do hope he did get that checked out.

I suppose if he got a whole cast put on, typing is going to be a pain too.
    I agree, the head bump, especially after vomiting needed to be check out.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Sorry to hear of your injury my friend. Having myself once had a similar injury long ago, I know that
    the pain can be quite intense, agonizing and worrisome. Yet one must be careful not to let using the pain killers become an addiction.
    As that is the greater danger of this type of injury. One that must be known and adequately guarded against my friend.
    God bless and heal and protect you.....
    Robert
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

so barely slept last night as the pain was terrible. kept rolling around looking for a better position for my arm. Miserable by this morning. I couldn't get an appt with an ortho no matter what. Went back to urgent care and he said go to hospital asap to see ortho as it may need surgery. Its broken from one side of the bone all the way through. Hospital put cast on it and confirmed surgery 'may' be necessary, but gotta wear cast for few weeks before he decides. Still nothing for pain. Guy that helped me said tell the folks at the desk when done. Then that guy tells me to take 600mg ibuprofen aka 3 advils. no prescription to help and nothing there. just go home and take advil as needed. told him i already have 800mg ibuprofen at home and it didn't help. few mins later he tells me to take 3 advil when i get home. I get their concerns and all but one night of pain relievers alone would have been nice. or hell, something for the pain while i was there for hours for that fact.

I gotta wait on pain a little and get used to having a cast before i can type. Still just my right for now as typing with left fingers hurts like hell. I appreciate the words from everyone though!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

15. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    so barely slept last night as the pain was terrible. kept rolling around looking for a better position for my arm. Miserable by this morning. I couldn't get an appt with an ortho no matter what. Went back to urgent care and he said go to hospital asap to see ortho as it may need surgery. Its broken from one side of the bone all the way through. Hospital put cast on it and confirmed surgery 'may' be necessary, but gotta wear cast for few weeks before he decides. Still nothing for pain. Guy that helped me said tell the folks at the desk when done. Then that guy tells me to take 600mg ibuprofen aka 3 advils. no prescription to help and nothing there. just go home and take advil as needed. told him i already have 800mg ibuprofen at home and it didn't help. few mins later he tells me to take 3 advil when i get home. I get their concerns and all but one night of pain relievers alone would have been nice. or hell, something for the pain while i was there for hours for that fact.

I gotta wait on pain a little and get used to having a cast before i can type. Still just my right for now as typing with left fingers hurts like hell. I appreciate the words from everyone though!!
    Unbelievable they didn't give you ANYTHING for pain, that they only recommended a couple OTC pain pills FOR A BROKEN ARM. That's just unreal. They have to be absolutely freaked out unreasonable over this oxycodone melt down. I feel really sorry for ya, brother. They SHOULD have given you something.

Anyway... I hope the head feels better, and we don't have to worry about that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Another day checking in. Reading along but not up to much posting or typing. Did a lot of 3 hour spurts of sleeping since last night, then I wake, up for a bit with ibuprofen and then try again. Now I'm tired.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Another day checking in. Reading along but not up to much posting or typing. Did a lot of 3 hour spurts of sleeping since last night, then I wake, up for a bit with ibuprofen and then try again. Now I'm tired.
    What a crappy time, bro. I'm sure the first week or two is going to be hell.

We're pullin' for ya though, man. Hang in there.

20. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So today went to orthopedic surgeon who did my elbow surgery. More xrays and more twisting of my arm.

He said no surgery, thankfully, and should heal nicely. Said it was still swelled so left cast 'cut'. Next week go back and the cast closed and reinforced. He gave me anti-inflammatory, which he said he was surprised neither place gave me, and also little 5mg hydrocodone. I don't even care, they will help, and i told him i only wanted 3 days worth - to keep my ass honest.

Got special sleeves arriving tomorrow so i can shower and bathe properly.

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Sorry to hear about your arm Jim, but...

To save you some trouble. I believe Google Chrome has an APP that you can TALK, and it will type what you are saying. That can save you the agony of only using One hand. Just a thought. DO AS THE DOC SAYS.....PROMISE!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

24. Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

So today went to orthopedic surgeon who did my elbow surgery. More xrays and more twisting of my arm.

He said no surgery, thankfully, and should heal nicely. Said it was still swelled so left cast 'cut'. Next week go back and the cast closed and reinforced. He gave me anti-inflammatory, which he said he was surprised neither place gave me, and also little 5mg hydrocodone. I don't even care, they will help, and i told him i only wanted 3 days worth - to keep my ass honest.

Got special sleeves arriving tomorrow so i can shower and bathe properly.
    Glad you got something for swelling and pain. With the cast cut and anti-inflammatory, the pain will be more manageable hopefully.

Thinking of you.

26. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post