Thread: old photo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default old photo

re-developed a photo i took 14 years ago at the Western Wa State fair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Oh, that is colorful, especially at dusk / night.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You really could do this professionally...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You really could do this professionally...
    He's definitely got the eye.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

@darin The other day I had a long conversation with one of my good old friends from the Air Force, and this was the one that's the professional photographer, that his last job in the Air Force was photographer for the Thunderbirds. We talked about a lot of things but got onto the subject of photography, and after awhile I started to really regret selling my Canon 7D MkII. I do wish I hadn't given up so fast trying to figure it all out. I mean I could USE it, and did know what many of the functions were, but just didn't know what some of the things very deep and customizable were in the menus. I do find it odd why sometimes one specific function can be accessed/controlled by multiple different buttons. What's the point? I see Canon offers courses that are very reasonable for how to operate their cameras though. I'm sure with a little more patience than I had I could have figured it all out and enjoyed the camera. Even just using it, trial and error, and constantly going through the menus, I'm sure I could have gotten proficient with it. I'm pretty techie, and the menus in my home theater equipment are pretty extensive and complicated too, but I have no problem figuring that out.

But, here we go again, I've been looking at cameras, and even looked at these back when I bought the 7D, "mirrorless" cameras. I wanted to pass this link on to you and get your opinion on this camera...

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/c...irrorless-body

I've been wanting to replace my little Canon Powershot SX280 HS for quite awhile now. Even though it still takes "OK" pictures, it's getting pretty dated, and my Buddy Jim recommeded that if I'm going to buy another nicer camera, to look for something with closer to, or has, around 30MP.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-13-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Thats a good camera!

Thing is - i use a 15 year old 8.2MP camera and i think i get very nice results. Find a 5D mk3 for $1200? Or so, used. Then get good L glass, buy the monthly subscription to adobe suite, learn Photoshop, and you will be shocked at the kind of images you can create :-)
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.