Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 301 to 312 of 312
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,153
    Thanks (Given)
    184
    Thanks (Received)
    325
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    263
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3286007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I am happy with my answer. Not playing “What if,” on treason, the Constitutional definition and precedents work well for me.
    Your answer makes no sense, other than you're trying to avoid answering . I mean "the COTUS says, but I'm not about to clarify what I think that means?" Really? Come on I know you can do better.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    37,286
    Thanks (Given)
    14351
    Thanks (Received)
    10037
    Likes (Given)
    2129
    Likes (Received)
    1031
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Your answer makes no sense, other than you're trying to avoid answering . I mean "the COTUS says, but I'm not about to clarify what I think that means?" Really? Come on I know you can do better.
    LOL! I am surprised that you haven't realized you are not going to goad me in arguing about something I've already said we disagree with. Maybe it would be more advantageous to get others that agree with you to speak up. I do not care if no one agrees with me and I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to do that.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  3. #303
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,153
    Thanks (Given)
    184
    Thanks (Received)
    325
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    263
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3286007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    LOL! I am surprised that you haven't realized you are not going to goad me in arguing about something I've already said we disagree with. Maybe it would be more advantageous to get others that agree with you to speak up. I do not care if no one agrees with me and I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to do that.
    Oh, but I do realize. You have came to the conclusion that I am correct and are attempting to bow out of the conversation gracefully. I accept your surrender and the matter is closed.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    56,862
    Thanks (Given)
    6914
    Thanks (Received)
    25419
    Likes (Given)
    2429
    Likes (Received)
    2736
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475556

    Default

    Treason is sure a tough pickle, between full reality & differing beliefs around the country.

    Here's what I don't get though. The Democrats ran around with treason accusations about Trump, even after the investigation was complete, and many still do. And of course the others then push for obstruction.

    If someone gives an opinion of treason about several things Obama, many around the country scoff at it. And with the endless crap going on during his terms, not even small investigations really took place about the tons of folks involved in all kinds of wrongdoings. Only the "far far left" called for the investigations and continued with the Obama not born here and Kenya stuff, and treason about a number of things. Either it was believed, or those who believed it again scoffed at.

    But 2 years of Trump in office and there are tons and tons of calls of treason, and the left isn't apologetic about it and many of them are making this their sole jobs. And then more than a ton on the right don't speak up to defend. I'm not sure if those folks on the right agree with the treason or if they just hate Trump. Comparing these 2 men - the lack of any treason type activities is non-existent with Trump. Where the left, there is already proof of wrongdoing against many, and things are silent and they get a pass from so many.
    “A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.”Bob Barker
    “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”Dean Koontz
    "If I could be half the person my dog is, I'd be twice the human I am" - Charles Yu

  5. Likes Abbey liked this post
  6. #305
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    37,286
    Thanks (Given)
    14351
    Thanks (Received)
    10037
    Likes (Given)
    2129
    Likes (Received)
    1031
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Oh, but I do realize. You have came to the conclusion that I am correct and are attempting to bow out of the conversation gracefully. I accept your surrender and the matter is closed.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  7. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
  8. #306
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,153
    Thanks (Given)
    184
    Thanks (Received)
    325
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    263
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3286007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Treason is sure a tough pickle, between full reality & differing beliefs around the country.

    Here's what I don't get though. The Democrats ran around with treason accusations about Trump, even after the investigation was complete, and many still do. And of course the others then push for obstruction.

    If someone gives an opinion of treason about several things Obama, many around the country scoff at it. And with the endless crap going on during his terms, not even small investigations really took place about the tons of folks involved in all kinds of wrongdoings. Only the "far far left" called for the investigations and continued with the Obama not born here and Kenya stuff, and treason about a number of things. Either it was believed, or those who believed it again scoffed at.

    But 2 years of Trump in office and there are tons and tons of calls of treason, and the left isn't apologetic about it and many of them are making this their sole jobs. And then more than a ton on the right don't speak up to defend. I'm not sure if those folks on the right agree with the treason or if they just hate Trump. Comparing these 2 men - the lack of any treason type activities is non-existent with Trump. Where the left, there is already proof of wrongdoing against many, and things are silent and they get a pass from so many.
    Of course many on the right hate Trump as much as the left do. But you notice it' mostly politicians on the right that hate him, the number of just regular conservative Americans who are like "fuck Trump" is pretty damn small.

    The reason the politicians hate him is clear. He's a guy who is a direct threat to their collective desire to not actually do a god damned thing while continuing to enrich themselves at the public trough. Think about it, Paul Ryan that fuckhead may be the worst Speaker of the House in history. Mitch McConell? He's a pile of shit. They're no better than their Democratic counterparts. If they actually solve problem what are they going to rile up the voter base about in the next election?

    90% of the bullshit those idiots are fighting over on a daily basis could be fixed inside of a month if Congress actually wanted to fix them. But they don't, and Trump does and that pisses them off. Why more liberal voters don't see this fundamental truth is beyond me.

  9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  10. #307
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    27,802
    Thanks (Given)
    11940
    Thanks (Received)
    12996
    Likes (Given)
    1420
    Likes (Received)
    2463
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Not really, that’s what prosecutors and grand juries are for.
    You are both partially correct. The hurdle of the grand jury must be overcome, but then it may likely be a jury making the ultimate decision. Unless of course it is a non-jury trial. I don’t know how treason trials operate.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  11. #308
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,153
    Thanks (Given)
    184
    Thanks (Received)
    325
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    263
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3286007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You are both partially correct. The hurdle of the grand jury must be overcome, but then it may likely be a jury making the ultimate decision. Unless of course it is a non-jury trial. I don’t know how treason trials operate.
    In a federal criminal case prosecutors have the right to accept or reject a trial by jury waiver, making it HIGHLY unlikely that anyone accused of treason would ever be judged without a jury.

    Plus of course only 2% of federal criminal defendants go to trial anyway. Meaning the most likely outcome is a plea agreement, even if the charge is treason.

  12. #309
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    37,286
    Thanks (Given)
    14351
    Thanks (Received)
    10037
    Likes (Given)
    2129
    Likes (Received)
    1031
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You are both partially correct. The hurdle of the grand jury must be overcome, but then it may likely be a jury making the ultimate decision. Unless of course it is a non-jury trial. I don’t know how treason trials operate.
    If you don't get past first the DA, then the Grand Jury, one doesn't have to worry about the jury.

    And this side discussion began with STABB saying it would be the jury that 'defined' not 'decided' treason. I was answering that those deciding whether or not there was reason to believe treason may have occurred would be decided by charges being brought-thus DA, then Grand Jury.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 06-13-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  13. #310
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,153
    Thanks (Given)
    184
    Thanks (Received)
    325
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    263
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3286007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If you don't get past first the DA, then the Grand Jury, one doesn't have to worry about the jury.

    And this side discussion began with STABB saying it would be the jury that 'defined' not 'decided' treason. I was answering that those deciding whether or not there was reason to believe treason may have occurred would be decided by charges being brought-thus DA, then Grand Jury.
    Yes I said a jury should decide because I believe we give DA's TOO much discretion. I mean look now in Dallas for example where the DA has announced that Dallas will no longer be prosecuting THEFT cases.

  14. #311
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    37,286
    Thanks (Given)
    14351
    Thanks (Received)
    10037
    Likes (Given)
    2129
    Likes (Received)
    1031
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Yes I said a jury should decide because I believe we give DA's TOO much discretion. I mean look now in Dallas for example where the DA has announced that Dallas will no longer be prosecuting THEFT cases.
    Wouldn't you love it if you ran the country-just you, no legislature and NO opposition. Perfect world.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  15. #312
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    7,906
    Thanks (Given)
    3473
    Thanks (Received)
    3718
    Likes (Given)
    3560
    Likes (Received)
    2128
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't think any president in history has had to weather more CRAP from the opposing party than Trump, and the democrats absolutely DO NOT CARE what the public thinks. Pass out Nadler, pencil neck ScHITt, the muslim twins, AOC Einstein, miss fucked her way to the top Harris, Swallowell, Buttiplug, Gillybillybrand, Spartacus, Milo Beto... and the list goes on. Just a complete gaggle of ASS CLOWNS. They keep REPEATING... "NO PRESIDENT IS ABOVE THE LAW AND SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE"... uuuuummm... OK... FOR WHAT? I NEVER hear them SAY.

    The left is UNHINGED, and I have NEVER seen anything like this display of if ANYTHING, it's ABUSE OF POWER, it's PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT. Jim has posted REAMS and REAMS of examples. How ANYONE can ignore all of it is beyond me. I just hope, and if I miss my guess it will be, a BLOOD BATH against the democrats in 2020. They're going to keep up their SHIT and it WILL... COST THEM. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of TRASH in my opinion.

    Name ONE THING the DEMOCRATS have said in any campaign stop so far that's NOT UNAMERICAN. They're all running on SOCIALISM, OPEN BORDERS, the GREEN JOKE and WE HATE TRUMP and we're going to IMPEACH HIM. Oh there's a freakin' WINNER RIGHT THERE... pfft. You have to be RETARDED to agree with any of their BUNK.

    [/:rant-over]
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-13-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •