Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm not going to defend the 'left.' It would be impossible since I disagree with nearly every position they take on any issue. Hopeless to have me defend them. OTOH, I'm really not defending the right either, though I agree with most of their stated goals. I no longer can agree that they are 'more correct or more principled,' they are not. Just my opinion, based on lots of observations and interactions. Quotes aren't direct and more of a compilation of what I've been reading and hearing:

IF there's a way to circumvent that law, good. If not, well something needs to be done.

The Constitution is the most important, until it's not working for us.
    "They are trying to destroy Trump." "No willing to work with him, just obstruct."

"F'ing mud illegal birth Obama bin Laden! F'him. He's a traitor that should not be sharing air."

Conservatives are more logical, not all 'feelings...' like the liberals.'

"The left does X, well we're going to F them up after all these years-wait! Y and Z are going to annihilate those f'ers, it's past time."

"We are better, we follow the law." "Actually not, we're f'ing pansy losers..."

Yeah, not going to defend either.
    I'm not sure where this came from so I'll just pick something

The circumventing the law to protect the law/using the law to destroy the law argument doesn't have a winner. There is no "right' answer. To adhere strictly to the law even when it is being used to destroy the law is suicide. At some point you just have to do the right thing to preserve not only yourself and family, but community and society as well.

Or, you can be "enslaved", by any other name, by a society you REALLY don't believe in and in no way represents what it is supposed to be.

I agree that it has been getting harder to tell any difference in behavior. But I betcha we don't see it at the same place on the scale
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Not sure if any of those are mine. Not sure who's any of them are actually. Would help to have links.

But I'll defend any statement I make if it can be quoted.

I know we disagree on what party is more unhinged, Kathy, and I'm actually dismayed that you would think that the way the left acts is no different than the right. When was the last time you saw conservative have a huge protest? What would you say the comparison is to how many times the left has protested compared to the right? When was the last time you saw a story about an unhinged conservative triggered and PUNCHING a leftist... because they wore a HAT they didn't like? I could go on and on and on, and I think you know that. But yet you DO defend the left as somehow being as rational and reserved as conservatives in America, when nothing could be further from the truth.

You tell me when I said the left was better than the right or less violent or more righteous? You totally haven't a clue to what I think, you don't get it when I state it fairly succinctly. You hear what you want to hear and block out what you don't.

Gunny gets what I'm saying, he thinks I'm wrong. Which is his right. I don't have to be telling him he's great, he knows it. LOL!

More unhinged? That might be one way to look at it, as I think both have come undone, though it's a matter of degrees. Truth is, once the unraveling begins, pretty much like toothpaste and the tube.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm not sure where this came from so I'll just pick something

The circumventing the law to protect the law/using the law to destroy the law argument doesn't have a winner. There is no "right' answer. To adhere strictly to the law even when it is being used to destroy the law is suicide. At some point you just have to do the right thing to preserve not only yourself and family, but community and society as well.

Or, you can be "enslaved", by any other name, by a society you REALLY don't believe in and in no way represents what it is supposed to be.

I agree that it has been getting harder to tell any difference in behavior. But I betcha we don't see it at the same place on the scale
    I think that will change when the right gets better at not melting down on social media and getting organized. Check out Trump's rallies.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

You tell me when I said the left was better than the right or less violent or more righteous? You totally haven't a clue to what I think, you don't get it when I state it fairly succinctly. You hear what you want to hear and block out what you don't.

Gunny gets what I'm saying, he thinks I'm wrong. Which is his right. I don't have to be telling him he's great, he knows it. LOL!

More unhinged? That might be one way to look at it, as I think both have come undone, though it's a matter of degrees. Truth is, once the unraveling begins, pretty much like toothpaste and the tube.
    Not in so many words have you said the left is less violent than the right, but you do defend them and make nuance comments that lend to the thought.

I hear what you say, nothing more. I block out nothing. I'm doing my best to be concise.

And I disagree "both" sides have come undone. When you have one party that of late has been doing their level best to FRAME the president of the United States with a fake dossier, and they don't care who knows it, and they just keep PUSHING it right in the face of America, after two years of investigations and they're not happy with the outcome, they now want a do over, and the leader of the democrat party wants to see the president IN PRISON... I'm sorry Kath, but I don't see BOTH parties unhinged, I only see ONE. They lost in 2016 and they've been throwing an EPIC SHIT FIT since.

5. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Not in so many words have you said the left is less violent than the right, but you do defend them and make nuance comments that lend to the thought.

I hear what you say, nothing more. I block out nothing. I'm doing my best to be concise.

And I disagree "both" sides have come undone. When you have one party that of late has been doing their level best to FRAME the president of the United States with a fake dossier, and they don't care who knows it, and they just keep PUSHING it right in the face of America, after two years of investigations and they're not happy with the outcome, they now want a do over, and the leader of the democrat party wants to see the president IN PRISON... I'm sorry Kath, but I don't see BOTH parties unhinged, I only see ONE. They lost in 2016 and they've been throwing an EPIC SHIT FIT since.
    As is your right.

I see that the right had thrown a comparable epic sf in 2008-16 and some still haven't recovered. They continue it by being appalled at the left's refusal to accept Trump, though they were vehement on social media, tv, and even here in this little corner, that Obama was NOT their president. It wasn't all or even most, but there were more than a couple.

7. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

As is your right.

I see that the right had thrown a comparable epic sf in 2008-16 and some still haven't recovered. They continue it by being appalled at the left's refusal to accept Trump, though they were vehement on social media, tv, and even here in this little corner, that Obama was NOT their president. It wasn't all or even most, but there were more than a couple.
    True, but they didn't pull anything like what's happened to Trump. No two year investigation for NOTHING, based on LIES, and then when they didn't like the outcome of that just go ON and ON and ON with MORE investigations. I don't think there's any comparison. No president in history has ever had to endure the kind of TRASHING President Trump has. I truly feel sorry for the guy, and think he's got to have a back bone of STEEL to just keep fighting on the way he does. That's what the democrats don't understand. The more they attack the guy, and the truth being known to the vast majority that it's for NOTHING, the more support he gets. If they had the sense God gave a turnip, they'd give it up and get on with the business of taking care of America. Right now we have a party that's trying to take care of America, and the other party is OBSESSED with IMPEACHING the president... and... WHY... FOR WHAT? They're unhinged, Kath.

But, we can agree to disagree. Got no problem with that.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-10-2019 at 08:35 PM.

9. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I think that will change when the right gets better at not melting down on social media and getting organized. Check out Trump's rallies.
    Do note what I stated previously about fighting at the enemy's level but knowing when to stop.

I guess the entire message gets lost in translation. In being true to one's beliefs and one's self, one must be just that. Regardless what is thrown at them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Do note what I stated previously about fighting at the enemy's level but knowing when to stop.

I guess the entire message gets lost in translation. In being true to one's beliefs and one's self, one must be just that. Regardless what is thrown at them.
    I see the system pretty much on the path of self-destruction. Not sure if you are saying the same thing or not? I don't think there's any saving it, as neither side wants the other to exist.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I see the system pretty much on the path of self-destruction. Not sure if you are saying the same thing or not? I don't think there's any saving it, as neither side wants the other to exist.
    I have to agree with that. We are on a train to crash town. Don't see it getting any better any time soon either... only worse.

Rome.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-10-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I see the left eating the right like it's been doing. It's like a terminal disease. The right would have to get organized and get behind one person to stop the left and the right is too busy being individuals to realize putting aside differences to defeat a common enemy would make more sense than this constant, internal bickering,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Neither political party is full of perfect angels. But I truly feel sorry for anybody that can not see which party rates far, far lower on the scale! When that comparison is so obvious. And I will add this note in regards to those that said obama was not their President, the bastard damn sure was not mine!!!
    And he was not mine because he was and still is a gddadm ffking traitor! Future will eventually reveal I am dead on the mark on that judgement.
    And I will bet my life on that judgement being correct.
    To me it it is like this, we see the fire, we say it will burn you if you put your hand in it or if you let it get out of control..
    Others for some unfathomable reason say, no you are wrong, besides you guys are redneck, bible thumping, gun toting nuts, (Christian)religious assholes.. Yet even were those lies true( the are not) that has got nothing to do with the damn fire!
    Democrats are anti-christian, anti-Constitution, anti-gun, and damn sure anti-liberty.
    I think it sad that some for some reason break their necks trying to paint the Republican party as being on the same scale as are the Dems.
    It is like they look at an ocean and say it is a desert too.
    Yes this nation is in trouble, when the dem party allies with enemies of this nation--which they damn sure do!!!!--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 06-10-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

16. Thanks Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I see the left eating the right like it's been doing. It's like a terminal disease. The right would have to get organized and get behind one person to stop the left and the right is too busy being individuals to realize putting aside differences to defeat a common enemy would make more sense than this constant, internal bickering,
    The problem is the 'one person.' At least that's why I no longer identify with either party.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

The problem is the 'one person.' At least that's why I no longer identify with either party.
    I get that. It's hard to identify with a party with no identity.

I see it as a vicious cycle. I also see it as I dislike Democrats more than you do. I vote for whoever isn't Democrat and has a chance to beat the Democrat. I think the last person I voted "for" was Ronald Reagan. As a consequence, we keep getting "not the Dem" as candidates. And if you dare stop and call BS and take a stand on principle you take the chance of handing the office back over to a Dem. That is not criticism of your position; rather, a point of view.

As long as we continue the facade of "your vote counts" I'm going to vote against the Dems. Or they're going to turn over a new leaf

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I get that. It's hard to identify with a party with no identity.

I see it as a vicious cycle. I also see it as I dislike Democrats more than you do. I vote for whoever isn't Democrat and has a chance to beat the Democrat. I think the last person I voted "for" was Ronald Reagan. As a consequence, we keep getting "not the Dem" as candidates. And if you dare stop and call BS and take a stand on principle you take the chance of handing the office back over to a Dem. That is not criticism of your position; rather, a point of view.

As long as we continue the facade of "your vote counts" I'm going to vote against the Dems. Or they're going to turn over a new leaf
    You know I didn't come by this lightly, it was forced upon me, I answered. While I am a pragmatist in the main, I have some core beliefs that I won't abandon. Those I thought were pretty much the norm for most conservatives. Then came the last national election and I realized I was wrong. Folks really were looking for the one they found. The one whom they believed would kick sand back on those that had done so to them. I guess that worked.

Unfortunately for myself, too many lines were crossed, I wasn't as much of a pragmatist or as flexible as I thought. Pretty damn intransigent when it came right down to it. Then again, often had been questioned why someone raising 3 kids, on teacher's salary wasn't a 'democrat,' as that would be in MY BEST INTERESTS-yes, some professed to determine what was best for me! LOL! Pretty much the same, though reasoning was different.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

You know I didn't come by this lightly, it was forced upon me, I answered. While I am a pragmatist in the main, I have some core beliefs that I won't abandon. Those I thought were pretty much the norm for most conservatives. Then came the last national election and I realized I was wrong. Folks really were looking for the one they found. The one whom they believed would kick sand back on those that had done so to them. I guess that worked.

Unfortunately for myself, too many lines were crossed, I wasn't as much of a pragmatist or as flexible as I thought. Pretty damn intransigent when it came right down to it. Then again, often had been questioned why someone raising 3 kids, on teacher's salary wasn't a 'democrat,' as that would be in MY BEST INTERESTS-yes, some professed to determine what was best for me! LOL! Pretty much the same, though reasoning was different.
    But there are/is no "core conservative". I've tried to tell you that a couple of times over the years. Just as the term "conservative" applies only to a point in time.

Most of today's conservatives are yesterday's liberals. I was raised in a solely, staunch Dem family and at one time was THE enemy of "the establishment". THEN you have a kid a look around and get a real job and responsibilities in the meantime the next generation is busy breaking down the wall of whatever conforms you were satisfied with back when you just thought you were a hippy and suddenly you're the conservative. And we're all stuck with the beliefs of our times.

When I was a kid in the 60s-70s, the Dems were more what you and I would call conservative than most anything claiming to be one today. I can just see my grandparents on either side looking at this crap going on now My grandfather the Sergeant Major especially

I keep my beliefs. If I have to question one I better have a damned good answer. I do however separate my idealism from my reality. When someone comes up with a better plan than voting anti-Dem down the page without looking I'm all ears. A plan that would work, that is