Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Fwiw, the reason I posted that article, was solely because of those that literally hope for failure against Trump, even if that means going against things they may otherwise believe in. Or rooting for the left on things they far from agree with. And yes, there are quite a lot out there like that.

By no means to be anything about conservatives and normal lack of support for Trump for various things/reasons. One doesn't nearly need to be a fan of Trump in order to want to see success in many many areas, and of course to NOT see the left get disastrous things done that conservatives stand against.

There are people out there that want AMERICA as a whole to fail, so that Trump gets knocked and/or credit for said failure.
    I'm sure there are folks that feel the way you describe, I just don't know any. I'm not wanting him to fail, anymore than I wanted Obama to fail. Obama, imo did fail, Trump isn't failing the country. I might argue that the country is failing the country, but that isn't on Trump.

As I said, I don't know anyone, in real life or online who says they are 'conservative' and are hoping for Trump's failure regarding the country. Failure in 2020? Oh yea, there are those. Just like with the last election, there are some votes he just will not get.

Even George Will, the most 'never Trump' writer I know, isn't as you describe. David French? LOL! Not a chance.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 06-11-2019 at 02:28 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

MANY on the right, both online/supporters of the right & politicians alike, were all for much tougher border security, major funding, more agents, enhanced fencing and all kinds of enhanced electronics and others to help secure our border. Now, in addition to the obstruction from the left - there are MANY out there that suddenly don't support efforts at the border - little to no difference to the left who supported and went live with America to state we needed all kinds of things to fix the issue. And I have no doubt it's because of Trump & because it was a major promise of his. That's one example, and it's a huge one IMO.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    MANY on the right, both online/supporters of the right & politicians alike, were all for much tougher border security, major funding, more agents, enhanced fencing and all kinds of enhanced electronics and others to help secure our border. Now, in addition to the obstruction from the left - there are MANY out there that suddenly don't support efforts at the border - little to no difference to the left who supported and went live with America to state we needed all kinds of things to fix the issue. And I have no doubt it's because of Trump & because it was a major promise of his. That's one example, and it's a huge one IMO.

Not agreeing with taking money from the military to fulfill his objective or agreeing with his wall or the cost is not saying that they are against border security. I will say though, the President has been the most effective President on spinning certain issues to the point of no opposition is acceptable.

Again, there is nothing in this discussion but my observations and my own opinions. I think that Trump is masterful in many areas, I have no reason to doubt he will be serve a second term.

Our disagreement on whether or not that is in the long run good or bad for the country is unknowable for a long time. Doesn't change either of our positions, nor my favorable regards for you.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    So you DON'T believe in Art.3, Sec 3 of the Constitution. You DO believe in all the rest, right? Just not those parts you have a differing opinion on. Of course, we all have a right to our opinions.
    What? That isn't what I said at all . Rather, I said I believe that what Democrats are doing now meets the threshold of treason in accordance with the COTUS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm sure there are folks that feel the way you describe, I just don't know any. I'm not wanting him to fail, anymore than I wanted Obama to fail. Obama, imo did fail, Trump isn't failing the country. I might argue that the country is failing the country, but that isn't on Trump.

As I said, I don't know anyone, in real life or online who says they are 'conservative' and are hoping for Trump's failure regarding the country. Failure in 2020? Oh yea, there are those. Just like with the last election, there are some votes he just will not get.

Even George Will, the most 'never Trump' writer I know, isn't as you describe. David French? LOL! Not a chance.
    You don't believe, for example, that there are Republicans who wanted Trump's threat of tarrifs on Mexico to fail? There were Republican members of Congress openly saying it Kath. Because they WANT open borders.

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    What? That isn't what I said at all . Rather, I said I believe that what Democrats are doing now meets the threshold of treason in accordance with the COTUS.
    Ok. One of these things is not like the other...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Ok. One of these things is not like the other...

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Perhaps you missed the word OR in that passage?
    Democrats are in fact colluding with our enemies. Giving the aid and comfort.

War is not a preclude to treason.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Perhaps you missed the word OR in that passage?
    Democrats are in fact colluding with our enemies. Giving the aid and comfort.

War is not a preclude to treason.
    Seriously, you think there aren’t liberals that wouldn’t say that that sort of talk in and of itself an act of sedition at best, treason at worse?

I seriously misjudged your logic regarding the state of the nation and the citizenry.

As as always you have a right to your thinking, no matter how misguided I may think it. That’s my right.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 06-12-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You don't believe, for example, that there are Republicans who wanted Trump's threat of tarrifs on Mexico to fail? There were Republican members of Congress openly saying it Kath. Because they WANT open borders.
    and you do believe that disagreeing with the policies put forward by a president, are cause for charges of treason? Belonging to an opposition party or even the same party makes one an enemy of the state? Great country some are now wishing for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Do you really think I miss patterns? I always understood what you were saying. It's fine not to have a 'core.' I guess. I do though. I know what I can go along with and what I can't. I have things I can compromise with and those that I can't. Some issues are too important for messing with, most are not.

I'm not all that idealistic, though on certain things, guilty. I always am stuck with myself.
    Okay. What I am saying, and where you and I disagree insofar as the voting goes is in "who" is "messing with" "what". I don't think I have ever insulted you for your POV, just disagreed with it and tried my best to get you to see a different POV.

You have nothing left to "mess with" if the left destroys/steals it all. Then, the Constitution/law you believe in is gone. Push comes to shove, in the end, I AM willing to break it to save it; especially, when the "enemy" is trampling all over it, abusing/misusing it to destroy it. So my way (like anyone cares ), once you "save" it, you can return it to its place. The other way, it's gone, end of story.

We are already in a "war". We're losing by being wordsmithed right out of business by the left. They are blatantly obvious in what they are doing, and just hide behind their warped misinterpretations of the law. Except they aren't even bothering to hide their dishonesty anymore. Nothing is going to stop them but complete victory on their part, and they'll just find something else to lie and steal about in that event, or stopping them by force.

Just don't think that because some are warmongering that everyone willing to fight for their ideals is a warmonger. I'd just as soon not. You cannot debate with a rattlesnake. No matter what you say, it is going to strike you. That's just its nature.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Okay. What I am saying, and where you and I disagree insofar as the voting goes is in "who" is "messing with" "what". I don't think I have ever insulted you for your POV, just disagreed with it and tried my best to get you to see a different POV.

You have nothing left to "mess with" if the left destroys/steals it all. Then, the Constitution/law you believe in is gone. Push comes to shove, in the end, I AM willing to break it to save it; especially, when the "enemy" is trampling all over it, abusing/misusing it to destroy it. So my way (like anyone cares ), once you "save" it, you can return it to its place. The other way, it's gone, end of story.

We are already in a "war". We're losing by being wordsmithed right out of business by the left. They are blatantly obvious in what they are doing, and just hide behind their warped misinterpretations of the law. Except they aren't even bothering to hide their dishonesty anymore. Nothing is going to stop them but complete victory on their part, and they'll just find something else to lie and steal about in that event, or stopping them by force.

Just don't think that because some are warmongering that everyone willing to fight for their ideals is a warmonger. I'd just as soon not. You cannot debate with a rattlesnake. No matter what you say, it is going to strike you. That's just its nature.
    You and I, we get each other, we just disagree. I don't see all the 'liberal victories' that you all seem to. In fact, if not for the right buying into their own version of populism, one could well argue that the right had been on a steady stream of winning the 'hearts and minds' from the middle of the electorate, outwards. Then they stopped. They too began the vitriol expressions towards those that disagree, tit for tat. If joining in the hate fest was working, perhaps it could be justified, but seems instead to just be making the country more divided and the words have begun to turn to actions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

and you do believe that disagreeing with the policies put forward by a president, are cause for charges of treason? Belonging to an opposition party or even the same party makes one an enemy of the state? Great country some are now wishing for.
    I DO think that it's more than disagreeing, and assistance to those wishing to invade our country. I don't think it rises to the level of treason, but they are doing more than simple opposing. My wishing is that they stop the obstruction or that a way is found to get around their obstruction in issues as such that protect our country. That's the funding that Trump did with the Pentagon and I agree with that move 100%. And if a wall or enhanced fencing and the extra help I write about comes from that, more the better.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You and I, we get each other, we just disagree. I don't see all the 'liberal victories' that you all seem to. In fact, if not for the right buying into their own version of populism, one could well argue that the right had been on a steady stream of winning the 'hearts and minds' from the middle of the electorate, outwards. Then they stopped. They too began the vitriol expressions towards those that disagree, tit for tat. If joining in the hate fest was working, perhaps it could be justified, but seems instead to just be making the country more divided and the words have begun to turn to actions.
    The left is "winning" because the media tells everyone it is winning. People on the right throw up their hands, stay home and don't bother. Can everyone with a functional mind see right through the left and the media? One would hope so. Obviously though, there's about half the population that cannot.

The right/GOP has been screwing itself, IMO. since the "Contract with America" in 94 by making promises and not delivering. Yet the same neocons hold office, get put into power, and then want to play nice with snakes.

You don't see the Dems doing that. Does that make us "better"? Looks good on a tombstone, because it has gotten the right just flat run down by a steamroller. We play nice and they shove it down our throats first chance they get in return. Definitely a recurring pattern.

You ask if the Dems should be outlawed and I am going to revert to type and give you the Marine, strategic and tactical response: Yes. Nothing short is going to stop them. Delaying the inevitable just strengthens the left and weakens the right.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The left is "winning" because the media tells everyone it is winning. People on the right throw up their hands, stay home and don't bother. Can everyone with a functional mind see right through the left and the media? One would hope so. Obviously though, there's about half the population that cannot.

The right/GOP has been screwing itself, IMO. since the "Contract with America" in 94 by making promises and not delivering. Yet the same neocons hold office, get put into power, and then want to play nice with snakes.

You don't see the Dems doing that. Does that make us "better"? Looks good on a tombstone, because it has gotten the right just flat run down by a steamroller. We play nice and they shove it down our throats first chance they get in return. Definitely a recurring pattern.

You ask if the Dems should be outlawed and I am going to revert to type and give you the Marine, strategic and tactical response: Yes. Nothing short is going to stop them. Delaying the inevitable just strengthens the left and weakens the right.

And again, you have the right to your opinion. If those things come to pass, which they may do, than the who 'experiment' is over and done.

BTW, attempts to say I think both sides are at the same point is ridiculous. The only reason I have to say that so often is that seems to be a favorite logical fallacy in response to any disagreements with the majority here.

Once again, while my chosen positions align more with one side, that side no longer has the goals, methods, nor values in many ways that I can go along with. The other side? Offers nothing that aligns with my positions.

18. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Seriously, you think there aren’t liberals that wouldn’t say that that sort of talk in and of itself an act of sedition at best, treason at worse?

I seriously misjudged your logic regarding the state of the nation and the citizenry.

As as always you have a right to your thinking, no matter how misguided I may think it. That’s my right.
    I don't believe you've misjudged my logic. I believe you've misunderstood my words. No, I do not believe word alone can be treasonous. That's why I differentiated, dopes like Maxine Waters and her "inpeach 45" since literally the day he was elected, they are just dopes. Not traitors.

But people like Adam Schiff who have access to classified material and are lying about it to other members of Congress and to the American people in a blatant attempt to dislodge a duly elected President, who pretty openly misused our justice system and our intelligence community to portray the same President as a traitor to this country, yeah that's treasonous in my book.

And I don't give one damn that it's liberals and or that it's Trump. If conservatives had done the same to Obama I'd be screaming about treason at the top of my lungs.

Their actions, not their words, are treasonous they embolden our enemies. We know this is true just by watching our enemies. They love what's going on.

20. Likes jimnyc liked this post