Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    You mean my new $62,160.00 2018 top of the line High Country won't do the trick? It's only got 1,700 miles on it...

It would look better in red, but that is a beautiful truck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    It would look better in red, but that is a beautiful truck.
    I'd have bought a red one if there'd have been one. Thing is though, High Country's are kinda few and far between, and I've never seen a red one. Most are black or white, some Gun Metal Black that look gray.

Yeah the black is pretty, and I like the black, but it's damn hard to keep clean. Black just shows everything.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-12-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'd have bought a red one if there'd have been one. Thing is though, High Country's are kinda few and far between, and I've never seen a red one. Most are black or white, some Gun Metal Black that look gray.

Yeah the black is pretty, and I like the black, but it's damn hard to keep clean. Black just shows everything.
    Same dilemna when I bought my new F250 in 2017. We wanted a King Ranch, they don't offer the King Ranch in bright red.

You should be able to buy any vehicle in any color offered in that line IMO. I mean if the F150 XLT is offered in bright red, why isn't the King Ranch F250 or in your case if baseline Silverado is, why isn't the premium High Country?

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Same dilemna when I bought my new F250 in 2017. We wanted a King Ranch, they don't offer the King Ranch in bright red.

You should be able to buy any vehicle in any color offered in that line IMO. I mean if the F150 XLT is offered in bright red, why isn't the King Ranch F250 or in your case if baseline Silverado is, why isn't the premium High Country?
    I totally agree there. If and when I ever do buy a new truck, for the first time in my life, I might sit down with the salesman and actually ORDER what I want instead of shopping off the lot.

Couple things they changed on the Silverado though that I really don't like, and I mean deal breaker don't like. One is the instruments just look CHEAP compared to the 2018 and older, and second is the steering wheel tilt. The tilt on my '18 is awesome, like it's always been, lots of easy as pie up and down adjustment, but new for '19 now, they entire damn steering column moves with the wheel and there's very little adjustment. I hate both changes. If they don't change that back, I'll keep my 2018. It's that big'a deal to me.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-13-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I totally agree there. If and when I ever do buy a new truck, for the first time in my life, I might sit down with the salesman and actually ORDER what I want instead of shopping off the lot.

Couple things they changed on the Silverado though that I really don't like, and I mean deal breaker don't like. One is the instruments just look CHEAP compared to the 2018 and older, and second is the steering wheel tilt. The tilt on my '18 is awesome, like it's always been, lots of easy as pie up and down adjustment, but new for '19 now, they entire damn steering column moves with the wheel and there's very little adjustment. I hate both changes. If they don't change that back, I'll keep my 2018. It's that big'a deal to me.
    I did order mine, Ford simply didn't paint the KR in the bright red, period. They had a damn XLT right on the lot, bright red, but not available on the KR. Even special ordered.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I did order mine, Ford simply didn't paint the KR in the bright red, period. They had a damn XLT right on the lot, bright red, but not available on the KR. Even special ordered.
    Yeah that sucks. I've watched a video about the King Ranch, nice truck.

Is your's a diesel?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yeah that sucks. I've watched a video about the King Ranch, nice truck.

Is your's a diesel?
    Yes, we haul a lot cattle plus my oldest daughter is into rodeo so we're always hauling a horse trailer somewhere. Diesel is the way to go when you need to haul a 32' trailer full of cattle to the sale barn. It is just a single wheel F250 though (4x4 is a must here)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just for shits and grins I went and looked and yes you can order a 2019 Sliverado in the top of the line High Country trim in Cajun Red which is a fairly bright red.

ext_GPJ_deg01x640.jpg

It's a $500 option, but what' another $500 when you're talking about an $80K truck

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just for shits and grins I went and looked and yes you can order a 2019 Sliverado in the top of the line High Country trim in Cajun Red which is a fairly bright red.

ext_GPJ_deg01x640.jpg

It's a $500 option, but what' another $500 when you're talking about an $80K truck
    I'll be damned... there it is. Had there been a red one on the lot, I'd have snatched that sucker up. I like red.

That one in your pic is a 2500 though, but I don't see as though that should make difference. If you can order a 2500 in red, then why not a 1500?

Yeah there was a 2500 Silverado LTZ in red when I bought my 1500. Looked like the one in the pic you posted. It only had about 18,000 and was a 2017 with the 6.6ltr diesel and Allison tranny. Very pretty truck. I drove it and thought about buying it, but it had the fifth wheel in the bed so obviously it had spent those miles pulling something. If I buy a diesel, it's going to be brand new. I had a 2015 2500HD Z71 LTZ with the 6.0ltr gas engine in it. Extended cab, short bed. Nice truck. Was on the lot 3 days and was gone when I traded it in on the Camaro. Somebody snatched that up in a heart beat. Short cab, standard bed, 3/4 ton. My salesman said the guy said that it was exactly what he had been looking for.

I like my 1500 High Country better.

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-13-2019 at 05:13 PM.