Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Happens to the best of us...
    See that! And I told ya I was wrong daily!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Can't find much more. I'll say this - it also could have been taken BEFORE he claimed torture and was in a medical ward. I can't say for sure.

I will say this - if a man is willing to hole up in another countries embassy for 7 years, then I easily think he would be willing to act out health issues to help avoid prosecution or extradition. I never trusted this man farther than I can toss him with my one arm. At minimum, he needs to stand in front of justice and address it, and not run. If he is proven not guilty, so be it. If not, so be it.
    Right, he’s busy fooling medical professionals on ward at a supermax prison daily, they must of hired idiots at Belmarsh.

I also find it odd to not trust someone who has a proven record of *never* having to issue an apology for a false publication, because such publications have never been made. What generates this mistrust?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Right, he’s busy fooling medical professionals on ward at a supermax prison daily, they must of hired idiots at Belmarsh.

I also find it odd to not trust someone who has a proven record of *never* having to issue an apology for a false publication, because such publications have never been made. What generates this mistrust?
    Fooling them there daily? Where did I even state similar? I'm more speaking of the propaganda being spoken to the press via his representatives, as many did while he was in the embassy. He need only play his game for a short time in the prison, and he was in the medical ward, and that's about all I believe to that point.

And apparently, since only THEY can be responsible for what happens to him - they MUST be idiots if they are physically torturing this man to the point of him not even being able to speak.

What the hell does issuing an apology or not mean? I distrust people that help someone hack a government server, and then possess highly confidential documents, and then release confidential information. Anyone willing to do so is someone I wouldn't trust. Same as the little weasel guy who chopped his weenie off and now thinks he's a woman. Can't be trusted.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I find it odd what some find the time to invest replies into here. What attracts them, what spits them away. What they are willing to defend, and what they are willing to condemn. A story within a story.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Is there any information provided to indicate when this footage was taken? I think it’s relevant to know if the video is 1 day or 5 weeks old.

Is it propaganda to publish the truth?
    Propaganda is invariably bound up with falsehood, to make the effort to believe the propaganda instead of the truth.

Then again, propaganda can also be a means by which preferred beliefs or allegiances are directed.

I don't know to what extent Assange lied, or, shall we say, 'peddled truth' [I'd guess he did some of both, or maybe, he took truths out of their proper contexts ?]. The real point of what Assange did was to launch a purposeful attack against those political systems which he, personally, disagreed with.

Why do you think he's got the likes of Pilger supporting him to the hilt ?

More than that (and as has been pointed out) .. what he reprehensibly also did was to release a brand of information, classified FOR A REASON, that reason being to safeguard lives. Assange cared far more about the success his attacks could enjoy, than he did about lives he could have put at risk ...

.. and, isn't that classically Left wing ? 'Principle' (as it's conveniently judged to be) is ALL, and individual wellbeing is sidelined into oblivion.
    Last edited by Drummond; 06-09-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

7. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Fooling them there daily? Where did I even state similar? I'm more speaking of the propaganda being spoken to the press via his representatives, as many did while he was in the embassy. He need only play his game for a short time in the prison, and he was in the medical ward, and that's about all I believe to that point.
    If he’s being attended to in a a medical ward and being declared unfit for questioning he would have to keep up the appearance of illness everyday.

What the hell does issuing an apology or not mean? I distrust people that help someone hack a government server, and then possess highly confidential documents, and then release confidential information. Anyone willing to do so is someone I wouldn't trust. Same as the little weasel guy who chopped his weenie off and now thinks he's a woman. Can't be trusted.
    I think it’s relevant that they have never published a fake document.
    When did Assange help someone hack a government server?

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I don't know to what extent Assange lied, or, shall we say, 'peddled truth' [I'd guess he did some of both, or maybe, he took truths out of their proper contexts ?
    So you don’t know and can’t state what Assange lied about, how he peddled truth, or what truths he took out context, You just “guess he did” seems reasonable
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If he’s being attended to in a a medical ward and being declared unfit for questioning he would have to keep up the appearance of illness everyday.

I think it’s relevant that they have never published a fake document.
    When did Assange help someone hack a government server?

So you don’t know and can’t state what Assange lied about, how he peddled truth, or what truths he took out context, You just “guess he did” seems reasonable
    Truth doesn't matter when releasing government confidential documents. Man, you're obtuse.

And since you defend someone you don't even read about. Helping crack a password is helping hack into a server. Yup, reading helps before asking dumb questions.

Here’s How The U.S. Claims The Assange-Manning Conspiracy Worked

The U.S. government has disclosed more of its case against WikiLeaks cofounder Julian Assange. It hinges on a claim he and Chelsea Manning worked together to crack a password for a computer storing sensitive government files.

An affidavit unsealed Monday outlining the case against Assange said he conspired with Manning when they discussed working together to crack a password “related to two computers with access to classified national security information.” More specifically, the password belonged to a user called FTP (not to be confused with an FTP server) on two Windows computers that Manning could access from a base in Iraq, the government said.

The FTP account wasn’t associated with any specific individual, and the government alleged that if Manning had used it to pilfer files and hand them over to Wikileaks, she could have foiled investigators looking into who was behind the leaks. “Although there is no evidence that the password to the FTP user was obtained, had Manning done so, she would have been able to take steps to procure classified information under a username that did not belong to her,” the affidavit read. “Such measures would have frustrated attempts to identify the source of the disclosures to WikiLeaks.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb.../#372d90c26ee8

Sure enough, an indictment filed in March 2018 and unsealed Thursday accuses Assange of “conspiracy to commit computer intrusion” by helping whistle-blower Chelsea Manning hack into Pentagon files. Specifically, it charges Assange with helping Manning to “[crack] a password stored on United States Department of Defense computers,” allowing her to access classified information under someone else’s username, and thus making it more difficult for the government to uncover who had leaked classified files.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...anning-hacking

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Truth doesn't matter when releasing government confidential documents. Man, you're obtuse.

And since you defend someone you don't even read about. Helping crack a password is helping hack into a server. Yup, reading helps before asking dumb questions.

Here’s How The U.S. Claims The Assange-Manning Conspiracy Worked

The U.S. government has disclosed more of its case against WikiLeaks cofounder Julian Assange. It hinges on a claim he and Chelsea Manning worked together to crack a password for a computer storing sensitive government files.

An affidavit unsealed Monday outlining the case against Assange said he conspired with Manning when they discussed working together to crack a password “related to two computers with access to classified national security information.” More specifically, the password belonged to a user called FTP (not to be confused with an FTP server) on two Windows computers that Manning could access from a base in Iraq, the government said.

The FTP account wasn’t associated with any specific individual, and the government alleged that if Manning had used it to pilfer files and hand them over to Wikileaks, she could have foiled investigators looking into who was behind the leaks. “Although there is no evidence that the password to the FTP user was obtained, had Manning done so, she would have been able to take steps to procure classified information under a username that did not belong to her,” the affidavit read. “Such measures would have frustrated attempts to identify the source of the disclosures to WikiLeaks.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb.../#372d90c26ee8

Sure enough, an indictment filed in March 2018 and unsealed Thursday accuses Assange of “conspiracy to commit computer intrusion” by helping whistle-blower Chelsea Manning hack into Pentagon files. Specifically, it charges Assange with helping Manning to “[crack] a password stored on United States Department of Defense computers,” allowing her to access classified information under someone else’s username, and thus making it more difficult for the government to uncover who had leaked classified files.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...anning-hacking
    And Assange has been found guilty of this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And Assange has been found guilty of this?
    Man, you'll just change and move shit forever.

I'll be sure to remember when you post in the future, the news means little unless the person has been found guilty.

Bottom line - they released very confidential documents that is a crime for anyone else. Manning was rightfully prosecuted and should be in prison for life, IMO. And then the guy who disseminated everything and ran from all his crimes, also must be locked up.

We already KNOW you don't believe in the rule of law when it's someone on the left, you have shown that time and time again. Same as with condemning wrongdoing in this world, only a certain faction can do wrong, the rest get a pass.

As for me, I hope he gets life in prison, and at one of OUR supermax prisons. He is not even remotely near a supermax prison if someone had electronics - or for that fact - if someone can see one another. He needs to go to ADX Florence, and in one of the deeper cells. That's where enemies of the US go.

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Man, you'll just change and move shit forever.
    I’m responding to your posts.

I'll be sure to remember when you post in the future, the news means little unless the person has been found guilty.
    Correct, allegations and not convictions.

Bottom line - they released very confidential documents that is a crime for anyone else.
    Assange published documents that he received, that is not a crime, confidential or not.
    Last edited by Noir; 06-10-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Assange published documents that he received, that is not a crime.
    Then why are VERY high charges awaiting him? And if innocent, why is he running for YEARS? An innocent man that was brought up on "false charges" would be quite easy for a good lawyer to defend and get out of jail overnight. The very instant a judge sees that it isn't a crime as you say then they will instantly release him. No crime no time.

If I were to be given highly confidential documents, I too would be held accountable. And he will be. Relations alone will ultimately see him in the USA and I'll bet you anything he ends up in prison, where of course one belongs for such actions.

And he sits in jail for now as well, where he belongs.

And dang man, you don't even know the full facts of the case you're defending. How someone didn't know about the hacking stuff and Assange's assistance is beyond me, too busy remaining blind to so so many things I guess.

15. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I don't really know what to think of all this really. Is he a bad guy? Did he himself actually do any hacking to accumulate any of the things he leaked? Is it wrong to blow the whistle?

I'd say this about that. If he actually engaged in hacking, that's a federal offense. But if he didn't and the information he leaked was simply embarrassing to some, then so what? But if it was classified information or even higher, no matter how he got his hands on it, he's in deep shit and deserves what's coming to him.
    The highlighted part is FALSE . SCOTUS has already ruled that journalists absolutely have the right to print classified material that is leaked to them. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News, the NYT, The Washington Post. They do it all the time, and if YOU were given some classified information and posted it on this website, that simply isn't illegal. Neither is being in possession of classified material . Imagine if it were, the President could send classified material to Jim Accosta and then have him arrested for possessing classified material LOL How you obtained the classified material matters very much. The government is trying to make the case that Assange enticed people to hack and or otherwise steal classified material, but that's a tough sell IMO

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Then why are VERY high charges awaiting him? And if innocent, why is he running for YEARS? An innocent man that was brought up on "false charges" would be quite easy for a good lawyer to defend and get out of jail overnight. The very instant a judge sees that it isn't a crime as you say then they will instantly release him. No crime no time.
    Becuase releasing documents that elites don’t want you to see is a dangerous business. To be honest it’s a miracle he’s not already dead IMO, what he has done is probably given him the best chance to survive that he had - let’s not also forget the *years* people said that assange was being paranoid extradition to the states, with all parties involved denying it, only for the mask to drop the second he was removed from the embassy. Funny that.

If I were to be given highly confidential documents, I too would be held accountable. And he will be. Relations alone will ultimately see him in the USA and I'll bet you anything he ends up in prison, where of course one belongs for such actions.
    No you wouldn’t, or at least you shouldn’t, the first amendment is your shield.

And dang man, you don't even know the full facts of the case you're defending. How someone didn't know about the hacking stuff and Assange's assistance is beyond me, too busy remaining blind to so so many things I guess.
    We both know he has been accused of assisting hacking, unless you have some information that I am not privy to, then it is at present nothing more than an accusation.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    The highlighted part is FALSE . SCOTUS has already ruled that journalists absolutely have the right to print classified material that is leaked to them.
    100% (Must spread the Rep.)

Write this in ten foot high across every court room and news broadcaster in the country, the Constitution protects *exactly* this kind of case, which is why it’s expected that the focus will be on hacking etc.

As a a side note - the word “journalist” can also give the wrong impression, and I have seen many comments and news pieces about ‘is assange really a journalist’ etc to deny him the right afforded by the constitution, ofcourse Journalist is not a defined or protected class, it is used as an offhand descriptor, and so the above quote could just read ‘SCOTUS has already ruled that people absolutely have the right to print classified material that is leaked to them’ and it would not change the meaning or intent at all.
    Last edited by Noir; 06-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

And he sits in jail for now as well, where he belongs.

Given that our Justice system just attempted to absolutely railroad our own fucking President, I find it odd that you trust them in this particular case Jim. I've yet to see one piece of compelling evidence that Assange did anything illegal, and understand I think he should have been declared an enemy of this country and droned. But that isnt a matter for the Justice Department.