Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Refurbished Picnic Table...

I'm sure SOOO many of you will find this so EXCITING...

Anyway, bought this at an auction, wood was all old and warped, frame was rusty, lose, but it's the kind of frame I've been wanting to find. Paid $90 for it and put $50 in treated lumber. Disassembled it, old lumber is fire pit fodder, sanded down the frame and repainted it, bought new treated lumber, reassembled it with all new fastners, added a 1"x1" square steel tube under the center top to hold it even and some wood skid pads under it so the metal doesn't get all scared up when dragging it around moving it, it's heavy. Will let the treated lumber dry out a bit then hit it with some Thompsons water seal stain, it'll be pretty. Could have just bought a new one but what's the fun in that? Would have paid a lot more too. I enjoy fixing shit up, and I've been wanting this metal frame kind of picnic table for quite awhile, but didn't want to buy a new one. These are nice and sturdy and easy to get in and out of. I love it. A guys gotta have projects...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-10-2019 at 05:29 PM.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'm sure SOOO many of you will find this so EXCITING...

Anyway, bought this at an auction, wood was all old and warped, frame was rusty, lose, but it's the kind of frame I've been wanting to find. Paid $90 for it and put $50 in treated lumber. Disassembled it, old lumber is fire pit fodder, sanded down the frame and repainted it, bought new treated lumber, reassembled it with all new fastners, added a 1"x1" square steel tube under the center top to hold it even and some wood skid pads under it so the metal doesn't get all scared up when dragging it around moving it, it's heavy. Will let the treated lumber dry out a bit then hit it with some Thompsons water seal stain, it'll be pretty. Could have just bought a new one but what's the fun in that? Would have paid a lot more too. I enjoy fixing shit up, and I've been wanting this metal frame kind of picnic table for quite awhile, but didn't want to buy a new one. These are nice and sturdy and easy to get in and out of. I love it...

Back in the Sunday afternoon with a Corona in hand days when I had a house and yard I'd have been all over it.

One thing about not drinking anymore is you don't need a table for the "friends" you no longer have
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Back in the Sunday afternoon with a Corona in hand days when I had a house and yard I'd have been all over it.

One thing about not drinking anymore is you don't need a table for the "friends" you no longer have
    Yeah I'll tell ya, all I have for seating for company is in the shop man cave...

When the son and his family come down, we'll get the good out of it. I'll use it too, and I'm sure I'll have a friend or two park on it.

Hell I just enjoy fixing stuff. It's satisfying. Been pretty much my life. Couldn't sit behind a desk if you TIED ME TO IT...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-10-2019 at 05:47 PM.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Growing up we had a picnic table in our back yard by our grill, on our patio. We had a pool in the yard and would be eating outside all the time in the summer. Friends over, outside at the picnic table we would eat. I miss having one. And we could actually use one in our yard now!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Growing up we had a picnic table in our back yard by our grill, on our patio. We had a pool in the yard and would be eating outside all the time in the summer. Friends over, outside at the picnic table we would eat. I miss having one. And we could actually use one in our yard now!
    A home ain't a home without a picnic table...

It's where everyone congregates.

I'm going to build an awning over that cement porch too. Just have to figure out how to tie it into the weird hipped roof of the house. Will be a nice place to sit.

10. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post