Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Why are people fleeing Guatemala?

Pete had stated that instead of arresting/deporting or anything like that, we had to look at the root problem in the other countries and find out why folks are fleeing. Fair enough question.

1st off, I disagree, that's not our problem or responsibility as I had stated.

But secondly, there are simply countries all around the world that don't have as much prosperity as us and not as many job opportunities. So they want a better life or more money. I get it to an extent. But come LEGALLY, NOT ILLEGALLY. And it also is not an asylum claim. And if done properly we wouldn't be getting invaded and overrun. And probably 90+% of them don't even qualify for any asylum and can then wait the legal way like everyone else.

And then lastly, here's a better look as to why and what's going on with at least one of them.

---

Guatemalan official explains why his people are fleeing, says Mexico is a big part of the problem

The Guatemalan Minister of Governance Enrique Degenhart is calling out the Mexican government for its role in the migrant crisis.

During a sit-down interview, he told The Daily Caller’s Stephanie Hamill that Mexico is incentivizing Guatemalans and others from Central American countries to leave their homes by offering different kinds of benefits to them like work permits and visas while they migrate north toward the United States.

Degenhart explained:

Let me start by saying that our macroeconomic numbers in the country are very good. We have actually the lowest criminal rates in the country that we have had in the past 15 or 20 years which means that it’s probably not a factor of economics or security. What we have identified and this is part of what we have to work with is the ‘pull factor’ and a mix of cultural situations that are happening in the country. When I talk about the pull factor, i’m talking about our neighbor, Mexico –that unfortunately has been offering different kinds of benefits, admin benefits like visas and other kinds of work permits and situations that basically enhance the interests of our Guatemalans on using Mexico as a route to the U.S.
    The U.S.-Mexico border has reached a breaking point, with the number migrants seeking access into America increasing continuously since January.

In an attempt to hold Mexico partly accountable for the issue, President Donald Trump reached an agreement with the United States’ southern neighbor Monday after threatening to impose tariffs if the country did not help curb the high level of migrants trying to cross the border.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/10/c...igrant-crisis/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This is yet another topic that Democrats are ridiculously unprincipled about. Guatamalans are fleeing that shit hole because well it's a shit hole, but you better not actually say it's a shit hole.

And of course if Democrats were truly concerned about making shit holes better places to live they would start with the shit holes within our own borders, but they aren't. This is ENTIRELY about bringing in a new voter class. Even Stevie Wonder can see that shit.