Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Prelude to the next World War?

News report released today of two tankers attacked in the Gulf. Still under investigation; some suspect torpedo or limpit mines. The timing is very suspicious too given increased tensions between Iran and the US. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I think we're in for another WW. I honestly don't think there's any way to avoid.

Makes me wonder though if it will turn nuclear. We'd ruin the planet. Everybody would be dead sooner or later, but the Bible says Christ will return before then. Yep... makes me wonder. The Bible says that the rulers of the earth will bow to Christ in judgement. Oh how I'd love to see that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Iran's benefactor? Russia. Days ago:

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...picious-2019-6

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Likes Jonny_one liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I believe we're more likely to see a civil war in this country than a world war. Iran can bluster all they want, the reality is they know we'd fuck them up in a shooting war.

Our biggest rival, China obviously, isn't interested in getting in a shooting war with us. They intend to defeat us without firing a shot.

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Looks like the USA has officially stated they believe it was Iran. That's not good.

---

Iran responsible for 'blatant assault' on oil tankers in Gulf of Oman, Mike Pompeo says

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has blamed Iran for the "blatant assault" on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman earlier Thursday.

In a press conference Thursday afternoon, Pompeo said: “This assessment is based on intelligence, the weapons used, the level of expertise needed to execute the operation, recent similar Iranian attacks on shipping, and the fact that no proxy group operating in the area has the resources and proficiency to act with such a high degree of sophistication.”

He charged that Iran is working to disrupt the flow of oil through the Strait of Hormuz and this is a deliberate part of a campaign to escalate tension, adding that the U.S. will defend its forces and interests in the region, although he did not elaborate.

His comments came shortly after a senior U.S. defense official told Fox News that the U.S. Navy saw an unexploded mine attached to the hull of the Panama-listed, Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous ship, one of the two ships attacked. It is the same type of mine used to damage four oil tankers last month in the same area - an attack senior Pentagon officials blamed on Iran.

A spokesman for Taiwan's CPC Corp oil refiner, which chartered the other boat attacked on Thursday morning, the Front Altair, said it was "suspected of being hit by a torpedo", although this not been confirmed.

Rest - https://www.foxnews.com/world/highly...f-oman-defense
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well... let's get it over with... WW... Civil War... the sooner the better. I think the world is begging for another "correction." I've been "prepping" for years. If all I ever have to do is defend what's mine and survive on my own property, I can do that for quite awhile. But if a bomb gets dropped on me, I'm gone, but I'll go down fighting.

Too many little shit heads that are alive today voting and have been brain washed don't know what a real war is like. They need a wake up call. The world is a hostile place. It's not a utopia and never will be. Mankind is incapable of everyone living together in some kind of fairy tale utopian peace. There's too many people on the planet and too many with nefarious ambitions that wield too much power. War is all we know. It's been that way since the dawn of time.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-13-2019 at 06:40 PM.

10. Likes Jonny_one liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default U.S Assessment Blames Gulf Tanker Attacks on Iran

A video was also released yesterday that apparently shows the Iranian Revolutionary Guard removing an unexploded bomb from the oil tanker. It's clear they pull up alongside the stricken ship and do something, but that's about all you can make out in the video.

---

U.S Assessment Blames Gulf Tanker Attacks on Iran

(CNSNews.com) – Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday accused the Iranian regime of responsibility for attacks on two tankers near the Persian Gulf, and slapped down his Iranian counterpart for a tweet insinuating some sort of anti-Iran conspiracy behind the incident.

"It is the assessment of the United States government that the Islamic Republic of Iran is responsible for the attacks that occurred in the Gulf of Oman today," Pompeo said. "This assessment is based on intelligence, the weapons used, the level of expertise needed to execute the operation, recent similar Iranian attacks on shipping, and the fact that no proxy group operating in the area has the resources and proficiency to act with such a high degree of sophistication.”

He quoted Foreign Minister Javad Zarif as having “sardonically” tweeted, “Suspicious doesn’t begin to describe what likely transpired this morning.”

“Foreign Minister Zarif may think this is funny, but no one else in the world does,” Pompeo said.

Two tankers caught fire after explosions in the Gulf of Oman south of the Strait of Hormuz early on Thursday, and crews were forced to abandon ship. The ships were the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous, carrying a cargo of methanol, and the Norwegian-owned Front Altair, laden with naphtha.

Just a month ago, four tankers sustained damage in similar incidents, also in the Gulf of Oman but closer to the United Arab Emirates coast. The U.S. accused Iran of responsibility in that case, and the UAE told the U.N. Security Council a “state actor” was most likely behind those attacks. Iran denied responsibility.

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...ny-no-one-else
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    News report released today of two tankers attacked in the Gulf. Still under investigation; some suspect torpedo or limpit mines. The timing is very suspicious too given increased tensions between Iran and the US. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
    Seems like you nailed it in your assessment!! And 2 of our greatest allies came to the same conclusion. And they aren't going after our military or similar, they nailed private oil tankers, a terrorist attack if you ask me. What type of response is necessary is above my pay grade, but I definitely don't think it should just be ignored.

And rather than comply and/or work with the international community, they seemingly want to expand instead.

I was actually unaware that they tried to take hostages. I believe that seeing them up close and personal pretty much proves it.

---

Israel Joins U.S., UK in Blaming Iran for Oil Tanker Attack

TEL AVIV – Israeli intelligence has joined the U.S.’s accusations that Iran carried out Thursday’s attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, an Israeli TV report claimed over the weekend, citing senior intelligence officials.

The Iranians used mines and a torpedo in the attack, the Channel 13 report said.

Limpet mines were spotted on one of the ships, leading the U.S. to conclude that Iran was behind the attack. The U.S. military released footage apparently showing Iran’s Revolutionary Guard removing one of the unexploded mines. A U.S. official also told CNN that Iranian forces in the Gulf of Oman spotted a U.S. drone hours before the attack and fired a surface-to-air missile at it.

According to the official, the missile missed the drone and fell into the water.

President Donald Trump on Friday called Iran “a nation of terror.” He said the attack had “Iran written all over it” and the Islamic Republic “did do it.”

“You know they did it because you saw the boat,” Trump said. “I guess one of the mines didn’t explode and it’s probably got essentially Iran written all over it.”

“You saw the boat at night, successfully trying to take the mine off — and that was exposed,” he said.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Thursday that the “unprovoked attacks present a clear threat to international peace and security, a blatant assault on the freedom of navigation and an unacceptable campaign of escalating tension by Iran.”

The UK also said it had concluded that Iran was responsible for the attacks.

“Our own assessment leads us to conclude that responsibility for the attacks almost certainly lies with Iran. These latest attacks build on a pattern of destabilizing Iranian behavior and pose a serious danger to the region,” British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said Friday.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tanker-attack/

Iran threatens to scale back nuclear deal compliance

June 15 (UPI) — Iranian President Hassan Rouhani warned the country will further scale back its compliance with the nuclear deal unless it receives “positive signals” from other signatories.

Rouhani told Russian, Chinese and other leaders at the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia that it would continue to scale back its compliance with commitments outlined in the nuclear deal unless “other countries contribute to the survival of this important agreement.”

Rouhani did not specifically state at the conference in Tajikistan what “positive signals” he is seeking from the other signatories on the deal, which include Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the European Union.

He also did not say what actions Iran would take, but the country’s government said in May that it would begin enriching uranium at a higher level than allowed by the agreement unless the other signatories on the deal took steps within 60 days to protect Iran’s economy from U.S. sanctions.

The United States withdrew from the nuclear agreement and tightened sanctions against Iran in May 2018.

Rouhani’s remarks came one day after Iran Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi denied responsibility for a pair of Thursday attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/news/iran-...al-compliance/

Cotton: Iranian Actions in Persian Gulf Warrant a ‘Retaliatory Military Strike’

Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation,” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said the recent attacks on oil tankers in the Middle East by Iran “warrant a retaliatory military strike.”

Partial transcript as follows:

BRENNAN, HOST OF CBS’S “FACE THE NATION”: We turn now to Arkansas Republican Senator Tom Cotton. In addition to serving on the Intelligence and Armed Services committees, he has also written a new book called, “Sacred Duty: A Soldier’s Tour at Arlington National Cemetery.” Good morning and Happy Father’s Day, senator.

COTTON: Good morning, Margaret. Thanks for having me on.

BRENNAN: You have long been defined as a hawk on Iran. You see these recent attacks, these are commercial vessels not military installations. What kind of response is warranted?

COTTON: Well Iran for 40 years has engaged in this kind of attacks going back to the 1980s. In fact Ronald Reagan had to reflag a lot of vessels going through the Persian Gulf and ultimately take military action against Iran in 1988. These unprovoked attacks on commercial shipping warrant a retaliatory military strike.

BRENNAN: Are you- you’re comparing the tanker war in the 80s to now and saying that that’s the kind of military response you want to see?

COTTON: We can make a military wreck- response in a time and in a manner of our choosing. But yes, unprovoked attacks on commercial shipping warrant a retaliatory military strike against the Islamic Republic of Iran.

BRENNAN: A retaliatory strike? When we had Secretary Pompeo on just a few moments ago, he said the U.S. always has the authorization to defend American interests. As someone who sits in Congress, do you believe that he can act- the administration can act without coming to Congress first?

COTTON: Yes, Margaret. Going back to President Washington and all the way down to President Trump, the fastest way to get the fire and fury of the U.S. military unleashed on you is to interfere with the freedom of navigation on the open seas and in the air. That’s exactly what Iran is doing in one of the world’s most important strategic choke points. The president has the authorization to act to defend American interests. Certainly, he- it would be in keeping with what President Obama did unwisely in Libya in 2011 in launching a weeks long campaign to overthrow the government there. What I’m talking about is not like what we’ve seen in Iraq for the last 16 years or Afghanistan for the last 18 years. But retaliatory military strikes against Iran that make it clear we will not tolerate any kind of attacks on commercial shipping on the open seas.

BRENNAN: So you believe that the existing authorization for military force is sufficient? You’ve also said, though, and as someone who served in Iraq, you have an appreciation for the need to be careful in parsing intelligence and in first reports. How do you convince the American people that they need to stomach something, in terms of a potential strike, that you’re describing as somewhat easy to carry out, when there were such vast underestimations of what U.S. force would bring about in Iraq and elsewhere in the past?

COTTON: Margaret, those are two very different things. In 2002, our intelligence agencies, just like every Western intelligence agency, was trying to assess the state of a weapons of mass destruction program, one of the things that states worked the hardest to keep secret. There’s really not much to assess right here. Everybody can see with their own two eyes, those Iranian sailors going up to a ship and taking a mine off of it. Iranian sailors, ultimately boarded and height- and took hostage the crew of one of those ships that they just released yesterday. They tried to shoot down one of our surveillance aircrafts over the Persian Gulf as we were simply trying to monitor what had happened there.

As you heard Secretary Pompeo have said, they’ve increased their support on attacks on American troops by supporting a Taliban attack in Afghanistan, just like they killed five hundred Americans in the Iraq war. So there’s no doubt here what Iran is up to. They are struggling under the sanctions that we have placed on them. The status quo for them is unacceptable. They’re hoping that they can drive up the price of oil and therefore benefit from it, since their oil exports have declined so much. And also, get more pressure put on the United States to back off our campaign of maximum pressure. That’s not going to happen. If anything, we need to increase that pressure and I think this unprovoked attack on commercial shipping warrants retaliatory military strikes.
    https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...-against-iran/

U.S. intel says Iran tried to pick up crews from tankers attacked in Gulf of Oman

Shortly after the crews of the two tankers attacked this week in the Gulf of Oman evacuated their stricken vessels, the ships that rescued them were surrounded by Iranian military boats and told to transfer the mariners into their custody, according to declassified U.S. intelligence reports obtained on Friday by CBS News.

One of the civilian rescue ships eventually complied with the Iranian military's request. The other did not. The new details help to paint a picture of what happened Thursday in the Gulf, near the vital shipping channel of the Strait of Hormuz, through which about a third of the world's oil supply passes.

The U.S. has accused Iran of carrying out the attacks on the tankers — the second similar incident blamed on Iran in a month. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called it "the latest in a series of attacks started by Iran and its surrogates against American and allied interests" aimed at "escalating tension."

Rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tanker-...ce-2019-06-14/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think they have been effective too, hence Iran acting out as they have. It would probably be more advantageous for them to work with the international community.

---

Scalise: US Sanctions Against Iran 'Very Effective'

House Minority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., said Sunday he doesn’t want to see military action against Iran in the wake of attacks on two commercial ships that’ve been blamed on Tehran.

In an interview on NBC News’ “Meet The Press,” Scalise said a strong stance, however, must be maintained against the Islamic Republic.

“Our sanctions have been very effective,” he declared.

“We don’t want to see it escalate it to a military operation… We have to stand up to Iran,” he added.

Scalise also said he supports U.S. cybersecurity actions against Russia, saying the U.S. needs to do everything to prevent interference similar to 2016.

"I am glad the administration has been taking aggressive actions,” he said, referring to a New York Times report that the United States is escalating cyber attacks on Russia's electric power grid .

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/sc.../16/id/920583/

Foreign Minister Hunt: Britain 'Almost Certain' Iran Was Behind Tanker Attacks

Foreign minister Jeremy Hunt said on Sunday Britain is "almost certain" Iran was behind attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, adding that London did not believe anyone else could have done it.

On Saturday, Iran summoned the British ambassador to Tehran after London blamed it for the attacks, the semi-official Students News Agency ISNA reported.

Asked whether Iran was behind the attacks on the tankers, Hunt told the BBC's Andrew Marr show: "We have done our own intelligence assessment and the phrase we used is almost certain ... We don't believe anyone else could have done this."

"We are urging all sides to de-escalate."

The Royal Navy plans to deploy 100 marines to the Persian Gulf to protect British ships after a series of attacks on vessels, the Telegraph newspaper reports.

Plans for the deployment began several weeks ago and a security committee is expected to meet this week to discuss the matter, the paper reported without revealing the source of the information.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/br.../16/id/920558/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well... let's get it over with... WW... Civil War... the sooner the better. I think the world is begging for another "correction." I've been "prepping" for years. If all I ever have to do is defend what's mine and survive on my own property, I can do that for quite awhile. But if a bomb gets dropped on me, I'm gone, but I'll go down fighting.

Too many little shit heads that are alive today voting and have been brain washed don't know what a real war is like. They need a wake up call. The world is a hostile place. It's not a utopia and never will be. Mankind is incapable of everyone living together in some kind of fairy tale utopian peace. There's too many people on the planet and too many with nefarious ambitions that wield too much power. War is all we know. It's been that way since the dawn of time.
    I never considered myself a prepper before but over the weekend my wife informed me that I am. I looked around at all the guns and ammo scattered over my 800 acres plus the multiple freezers of meat, and the stores of water and fuel and now I'm into canning my own fruits and vegetables. LOL maybe I am a prepper.

16. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Iran's benefactor? Russia. Days ago:

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...picious-2019-6

thanks for that vid.

I wish they had smarter commentators. Those who don't need to over-sensationalize. It's as if they are trying to convince the viewer of their opinion of the video.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

18. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Between intel pronouncements from other countries and now these photos in addition to the video, I have little doubt that Iran is responsible for these bombings.

---

Pentagon Claims More Photo Evidence Iran Is Behind Tanker Attacks

The Pentagon released new images late Monday night which officials said offered more evidence operatives from Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) were responsible for last week’s attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

The U.S. military said the photos, taken from a Navy helicopter, showed Iranian forces removing an unexploded mine from the hull of the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous oil tanker.

Other photos showed a large hole on the side of the Courageous, above the waterline, that officials said appeared to have been caused by another mine.

The release of the photos came as the U.S. Government works this week to convince members of Congress and allies that the accusations against Tehran are true. Iran has accused America of promoting an “Iranophobic” campaign.

Tehran, however, has repeatedly threatened to close the vital Strait of Hormuz, through which 20 per cent of the world’s oil flows.

“Iran is responsible for the attack, based on video evidence and the resources and proficiency needed to quickly remove the unexploded limpet mine,” the U.S. military’s Central Command said in a statement by way of background to the image selection.

The U.S. military has also accused the IRGC of trying but failing to shoot down a U.S. drone, to disrupt surveillance of the tankers during the attacks.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...anker-attacks/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just to play devil' advocate here. I don't FULLY trust what our intel agencies are telling the President either. One must ALWAYS remember,, they have their own agenda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Another bell ringing:

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=63825990

Iran says it's 'completely ready for war' after US military confirms it shot down American drone

Jun 20, 2019, 7:43 AM ET

In a major provocation, Iran shot down an unarmed and unmanned U.S. RQ-4A Global Hawk drone while it was flying in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz Thursday, U.S. Central Command confirmed in a statement.

The incident is sure to trigger serious discussions within the Trump administration about how to respond to a direct attack on a U.S. military asset that goes beyond recent attacks in the Middle East that the U.S. has blamed on Iran.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill