We're just all going to have to wait and see what this means:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...11064305983488

Donald J. Trump
    Verified account @realDonaldTrumpFollowFollow
    @realDonaldTrump

More

Iran made a very big mistake!

7:15 AM - 20 Jun 2019

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    We're just all going to have to wait and see what this means:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...11064305983488
    What seemed to be a warning, now seems more like a very hopeful President. No problemos?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/polit...ing/index.html

Trump downplays Iran tensions after drone shot down

By Kevin Liptak and Nicole Gaouette, CNN

Updated 2:08 PM ET, Thu June 20, 2019

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump downplayed the dramatic escalation in tensionswith Iran Thursday, after the downing of a US drone near the Persian Gulf sparked fears that tensions with Tehran could spill over into confrontation.

Calling the shootdown "a new wrinkle, a new fly in the ointment," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office he finds it "hard to believe it was intentional."
    Earlier in the day, Trump had tweeted that "Iran made a very big mistake!" as he and his national security officials huddled to weigh possible responses. Some lawmakers called for restraint and others warned Iran should prepare for "severe pain."
    Trump's ominous -- if vague -- tweet came after Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it had shot down an "intruding American spy drone" after it entered into the country's territory Thursday. Trump told reporters later Thursday morning that the drone had been over international waters. Asked if the US would respond or go to war, Trump said, "you'll find out."

'Hard to believe'

But he also appeared to want to lower the temperature.
    "Probably Iran made a mistake. I would imagine it was a general or somebody who made a mistake in shooting that drone down," Trump said during an exchange with CNN's Kaitlan Collins.
    "I find it hard to believe it was intentional. I think it could've been somebody that was loose and stupid," Trump said, noting that the drone was unarmed and had no pilot. "It was a very foolish move, that I can tell you."

Trump assured that the situation is "all going to work out." And with the 2020 elections looming, he picked up a refrain from his first campaign, telling reporters: "I want to get out of these endless wars, I campaign on that."

I'm all for avoiding needless wars, but this seems to require a fast response that hurts. Doesn't have to be bombs, but shouldn't be shrugged off as some private is able to knock out one of our drones. They also tried to knock out one that caught what they were doing with those mines above the waterline last week.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

What seemed to be a warning, now seems more like a very hopeful President. No problemos?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/polit...ing/index.html

I'm all for avoiding needless wars, but this seems to require a fast response that hurts. Doesn't have to be bombs, but shouldn't be shrugged off as some private is able to knock out one of our drones. They also tried to knock out one that caught what they were doing with those mines above the waterline last week.

I'd take their entire Navy out, but thats just me.

4. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I'd take their entire Navy out, but thats just me.
    Not sure that would be a measured response, but neither does that second response.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Not sure that would be a measured response, but neither does that second response.
    I've never purported to believe in measured responses Kath LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I've never purported to believe in measured responses Kath LOL
    I do, unless US lives are lost or seriously threatened. An unmanned drone deserves a response, but not killing a navy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I found this very interesting, @CSM thoughts?

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/mi...showdown-63442

Is Iran Close to Collapse? Three Things You Need To Know about the U.S.-Iran Showdown.

Washington must hold its red lines while not giving in to Tehran's wishes or escalating into a shooting conflict.
    by Michael Rubin

Iran and the United States are as close to direct conflict as they have been for three decades, since Operation Praying Mantis in 1988 which was, at the time, the largest surface naval engagement since World War II.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Similar here... Maybe with all of this in mind, the response will be more but devastating sanctions?

---

U.S. Holds All the Cards in Showdown with Iran

In May 2018, the Donald Trump administration withdrew the United States from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action with Iran, popularly known as the Iran nuclear deal.

The U.S. then ramped up sanctions on the Iranian theocracy to try to ensure that it stopped nuclear enrichment. The Trump administration also hoped a strapped Iran would become less capable of funding terrorist operations in the Middle East and beyond, proxy wars in the Persian Gulf, and the opportune harassment of ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

The sanctions are clearly destroying an already weak Iranian economy. Iran is now suffering from negative economic growth, massive unemployment and record inflation.

A desperate Iranian government is using surrogates to send missiles into Saudi Arabia while its forces attack ships in the Gulf of Oman.

The Iranian theocrats despise the Trump administration. They yearn for the good old days of the Obama administration, when the U.S. agreed to a nuclear deal that all but guaranteed future Iranian nuclear proliferation, ignored Iranian terrorism and sent hundreds of millions of dollars in shakedown payments to the Iranian regime.

Iran believed that the Obama administration saw it as a valuable Shiite counterweight to Israel and the traditionally American-allied Sunni monarchies in the Gulf region. Teheran assumes that an even more left-wing American administration would also endorse Iran-friendly policies, and so it is fishing for ways to see that happen in 2020 with a Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden presidency.

Desperate Iranian officials have already met secretly with former Secretary of State John Kerry and openly with Sen. Diane Feinstein, likely to commiserate over Trump's cancellation of the nuclear deal and to find ways to revive the Obama-era agreement after Trump leaves office.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/victordavishanso...own-with-iran/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Similar here... Maybe with all of this in mind, the response will be more but devastating sanctions?

---

U.S. Holds All the Cards in Showdown with Iran

In May 2018, the Donald Trump administration withdrew the United States from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action with Iran, popularly known as the Iran nuclear deal.

The U.S. then ramped up sanctions on the Iranian theocracy to try to ensure that it stopped nuclear enrichment. The Trump administration also hoped a strapped Iran would become less capable of funding terrorist operations in the Middle East and beyond, proxy wars in the Persian Gulf, and the opportune harassment of ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

The sanctions are clearly destroying an already weak Iranian economy. Iran is now suffering from negative economic growth, massive unemployment and record inflation.

A desperate Iranian government is using surrogates to send missiles into Saudi Arabia while its forces attack ships in the Gulf of Oman.

The Iranian theocrats despise the Trump administration. They yearn for the good old days of the Obama administration, when the U.S. agreed to a nuclear deal that all but guaranteed future Iranian nuclear proliferation, ignored Iranian terrorism and sent hundreds of millions of dollars in shakedown payments to the Iranian regime.

Iran believed that the Obama administration saw it as a valuable Shiite counterweight to Israel and the traditionally American-allied Sunni monarchies in the Gulf region. Teheran assumes that an even more left-wing American administration would also endorse Iran-friendly policies, and so it is fishing for ways to see that happen in 2020 with a Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden presidency.

Desperate Iranian officials have already met secretly with former Secretary of State John Kerry and openly with Sen. Diane Feinstein, likely to commiserate over Trump's cancellation of the nuclear deal and to find ways to revive the Obama-era agreement after Trump leaves office.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/victordavishanso...own-with-iran/
    I think without a doubt the internal problems are boiling hot and fast. One thing though, nationalism is intense-I think it's part of the 2nd condition in that article i posted. If the ayatollahs can sic the nationalists on US 'dangers' they can gain control again, at least for a time.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I think without a doubt the internal problems are boiling hot and fast. One thing though, nationalism is intense-I think it's part of the 2nd condition in that article i posted. If the ayatollahs can sic the nationalists on US 'dangers' they can gain control again, at least for a time.
    Iranians hate Americans more than they hate each other. We are everything that ever went wrong in their lives and they are taught that from birth.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Iranians hate Americans more than they hate each other. We are everything that ever went wrong in their lives and they are taught that from birth.
    Nationalism. War can play with that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Nationalism. War can play with that.
    They are uber-nationalists since way before the US was even bumped into by vikings and before any ayatollah's. A quick "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" deal isn't going to change that. EVEN IF we somehow miraculously aided and abetted a coup, they'd turn on us before the smoke cleared.

I am by no means for letting Iran off the hook. I just don't want to see all these dumbass politicians making deals with Satan's son to kill Satan. I say we take out the regime on our own, then leave with the warning: get your shit straight or we'll be back to blow you up again as many times as it takes. Of course, when has this country EVER held to a committment like that?

Iran has also been cozying up to Russia, lest anyone forget. So has Erdogan in Turkey. Those countries border each other from the Baltic to the Indian Ocean. Just sayin'
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

17. Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    They are uber-nationalists since way before the US was even bumped into by vikings and before any ayatollah's. A quick "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" deal isn't going to change that. EVEN IF we somehow miraculously aided and abetted a coup, they'd turn on us before the smoke cleared.

I am by no means for letting Iran off the hook. I just don't want to see all these dumbass politicians making deals with Satan's son to kill Satan. I say we take out the regime on our own, then leave with the warning: get your shit straight or we'll be back to blow you up again as many times as it takes. Of course, when has this country EVER held to a committment like that?

Iran has also been cozying up to Russia, lest anyone forget. So has Erdogan in Turkey. Those countries border each other from the Baltic to the Indian Ocean. Just sayin'

That's been my take from the get go. Russia's proxie. Russia too has been 'challenging' in the air around Alaska and on the seas. Not exploding mines or shooting, but still provocative.

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default I only have One answer, or opinion on this, based on my own experience with 2 wars.

Let's find out what the Men, and Women who are aboard all of those U.S. Ships are thinking, and praying for before we all go off HALF COCKED.

Speaking from experience. NOBODY, and I do mean...NOBODY wants a war. War destroys things, kills people, and really...NEVER ENDS.

We have been in Afghanistan for 19 years. Why would we want to repeat that with a crazy, unhinged nation like IRAN, who, if you recall...also made Russia turn around, and go home.

Crazy people in this World Love War. Let them fight each other, and destroy their sicknesses face to face.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Let's find out what the Men, and Women who are aboard all of those U.S. Ships are thinking, and praying for before we all go off HALF COCKED.

Speaking from experience. NOBODY, and I do mean...NOBODY wants a war. War destroys things, kills people, and really...NEVER ENDS.

We have been in Afghanistan for 19 years. Why would we want to repeat that with a crazy, unhinged nation like IRAN, who, if you recall...also made Russia turn around, and go home.

Crazy people in this World Love War. Let them fight each other, and destroy their sicknesses face to face.
    If you read the thread, I don't think you'll find anyone calling for war.