Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
Very true, and I'm guilty as charged of flying off the handle. There's no denying that, or I'd be a bald faced liar. I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to believe what they see as the truth as being the truth. That's where debates come in.

When I do go on my rants though, I try and talk to no one personally. I just spew out my passion and hope no one is taking as though I'm talking directly to them. Unless they've quoted what I said, and depending on their response is how I throttle mine. But I can't say that's been 100% true all the time since we all started our chatting. Surely I'm guilty of being an outright asshole, I know it, I admit it. I'm a work in progress. I don't WANT to be an asshole to anyone, but I'll probably always go on my rants NOT addressing anyone directly.

Sometimes what one posts, quoting or not, is meant to hit one or a couple specifically.

Not to you personally, but to those that do:

Not agreeing with you, doesn't mean they are right or that you are wrong. No need to call names or assign labels.

You are more likely to learn something from someone you disagree with, than agree with. Even if the only thing you learn is how to make a better argument.

Chances are, if you let someone else post something you disagree with and just respond like they are a person, (not a liberal or cock sucker or fudge packer or commie asshole, etc.) you will be responded to in a like manner.