Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default AOC: Jeff Bezos Is a Billionaire for Paying Amazon Workers ‘Starvation Wages’

More idiocy from the queen of idiots. She is once again ignorant of what she speaks about. Where is she with homeless veterans? But she wants to claim these employed folks are being starved due to low wages?

And as Christie points out, she is on a celebrity tour. She's a twitter celebrity. She does all kinds of celebrity appearances, and a lot of news appearances as well. Got no issue with the news stuff.

Eventually she should be doing something for her district here in NY, and hopefully that's how she'll be reviewed by her constituents and vote in future elections accordingly.

---

AOC: Jeff Bezos Is a Billionaire for Paying Amazon Workers ‘Starvation Wages’

(CNSNews.com) – Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.J.) in an interview on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopolous” accused Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos of being a billionaire because he pays his employees “starvation wages” and takes government subsidies.

“First, you have suggested that an economic system that has billionaires is immoral. So let me just ask you, if you had a true progressive program put in place, would Jeff Bezos still be a billionaire five, 10 years from now?” ABC’s Jonathan Karl asked.

“I think I spend less time thinking about thinking Jeff Bezos and I think more time thinking about Amazon warehouse workers. I think about the outcomes that I want for those folks. So whether Jeff Bezos is a billionaire or not is less of my concern than if your average Amazon worker is making a living wage, if they have guaranteed health care and if they can send their kids to college tuition-free,” she said.

“And if that's the case and Jeff Bezos is still a billionaire, that's one thing. But if his being a billionaire is predicated on paying people starvation wages and stripping them of their ability to access health care, and also if his ability to be a billionaire is predicated on the fact that his workers take food stamps, so I'm paying for him to be a billionaire –“ Ocasio-Cortez said.

“And do you think that's why he's a billionaire, because he pays his workers starvation wages and --” ABC’s Jonathan Karl interjected.

“I think it's certainly a part of the equation when you have a very large work force and you underpay every single person and then you also participate in -- you know, in taking billions of dollars of government subsidies, I think that that's -- that could be part of it,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“But, if he's willing to give up all of his government subsidies, if we're willing to charge fair taxes, if we're willing to pay people living wage, send people to college tuition-free, guarantee everyone health care and he's still a billionaire, then, well, that's a fight we can have another day,” she said.

“@AOC is just wrong. Amazon is a leader on pay at $15 min wage + full benefits from day one. We also lobby to raise federal min wage,” Amazon tweeted Monday in response to Ocasio-Cortez’s comments.

Amazon workers had been paid a starting minimum wage of $11 an hour, while its average wage for full-time workers at fulfillment centers is more than $15 an hour, The New York Times reported on Oct. 2, 2018.

The company announced at the time that it would raise the minimum wage for its part-time employees and workers hired through temporary agencies to $15 an hour. Workers who currently make $15 an hour are also expected to get an increase.

According to Amazon, the median pay for full-time employees is $34,123 – more than $10,000 below the median wage for U.S. workers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median pay for U.S. workers is $47,060 yearly or $905 a week.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...arvation-wages

Christie on AOC: ‘At Some Point, She Has to Govern … She’s on a Celebrity Tour’

(CNSNews.com) – In reaction to the interview ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopolous” did with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said she should have been asked to explain how she plans to pay for a $15 minimum wage, tuition-free college, and universal health care.

As CNSNews.com reported, Ocasio-Cortez said she was less concerned about whether Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is a billionaire than she is that “your average Amazon worker is making a living wage, if they have guaranteed health care and if they can send their kids to college tuition-free.”

When asked for his reaction to the interview, Christie said, “I think she doesn't know how to do math. That's for certain.”

“What? In terms of the calculus on impeachment?” ABC’s Jonathan Karl asked Christie.

“No, no, not on the calculus on impeachment, on what she was talking about at the end regarding billionaires, and you know, she wants everybody to have all of these things, but she herself has been so off on the math of what these things cost, and what it would take to tax those things, and is it even possible to provide them,” Christie said.

“I mean, the fact of the matter is she is someone who's having a great experience at the moment, and it happens a lot in American politics,” he said.

“It’s pretty extraordinary, though, to see a freshman come on the way she's come on,” Karl said.

“Yes, absolutely. Well, and I think part of her popularity is that she's able to really talk about issues that everyday Americans face. Health care, education, equal pay,” Democratic strategist Stefanie Brown James said. “And so, she’s having a moment for sure, but she's also talking about very real issues that a lot of Democrats care about.”

CHRISTIE: But no realism attached to it.

BROWN JAMES: Not completely.

CHRISTIE: She wants tuition-free college. She wants $15 minimum wage for everybody. She wants health care for everybody. I mean, these are all things that cost trillions of dollars, and she has not once expressed a mathematically feasible way to pay for them.

Now, that's okay when you're campaigning for something, but now you have the office, and you have a responsibility to do it, and if you’re going to have her on a show like this, she should be asked about how it works. And she wasn't asked that this morning, Jon.

And as long as she's not asked those questions, we’re going to continue to have her moment, but at some point you have to govern, and she’s not governing. She’s on a celebrity tour.

KARL: Well, she’s a freshman member who is very influential in where the caucus is going. That’s why we were talking to her. She is somebody who the 2020 candidates are lining up trying to get her endorsement.
    Brown James said Ocasio-Cortez is “speaking for Democrats and people who actually feel very left out of the process all across the country.”

BROWN JAMES: “She has a voice that represents a lot of people, and so I think it's important to have her on a platform like this, even though she is a freshman member, she may not be able to give specifics, but we cannot deny–” she said.

CHRISTIE: But she’s misleading. She’s misleading those people that feel left out, Stephanie.

BROWN JAMES: I wouldn’t call it -- no, that’s not misleading. That’s not misleading at all.

CHRISTIE: She’s misleading them, because she’s telling them you can have tuition-free college, that you can have Medicare for All, and all those things –

BROWN JAMES: Which many of the Democrats candidates are also saying the same thing.

KARL: Which by the way is the platform of many of the Democratic candidates.

CHRISTIE: But Jon, by the way, none of them have said how they’re going to pay for it.

KARL: Well Elizabeth Warren’s got a wealth tax. I mean, there are -- so let’s get on to the bigger field here.
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...celebrity-tour
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Dummies like AOC don't even have the mental acumen to figure out that if you raise the tax rate too high the truly wealthy will simply shutter their businesses and live off their existing wealth. And who's that hurt? Oh that's right, the "starving" workers

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Pretty amazing coming from a Freshman Congress Critter that chased Amazon from her Electoral District.

What an immature fool!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Few things worse than to have endure the ignorant rantings of a true blue, egotistical liberal/leftist/dem .
    As not other group has that level of arrogance and blinded believe in their godlike wisdom and know it all
    perfection.... (edit- ok forgive me, no other group except the murdering hate-filled muslims!)
    And ordained right(by this universe's decree given to their godhood and infinite wisdom) to correct, enslave and rule over we poor peasants /peons.
    Although we view her as so out there, she is not a far from the moronic and dangerous lunacy of her kind as we may think.
    That sad, tragic reality represents a true and great danger to us and this nation, IMHO.
    How far is that from the tens of millions murdered by Stalin, Mao Zedong, Hitler and others in the past-- Pol Pot and his kind, operating out of pure ignorance,blind hate and darkest of desires?

Pol Pot (UK: /pɒl pɒt/, US: /poʊl/; Khmer: ប៉ុល ពត Khmer pronunciation: [pol pɔːt] born Saloth Sâr (Khmer: សាឡុត ស); 19 May 1925 – 15 April 1998)[1][2] was a Cambodian revolutionary and politician who led Cambodia as the Prime Minister of Democratic Kampuchea between 1976 to 1979. Ideologically a Marxist–Leninist and Khmer nationalist, he led the Khmer Rouge[4] group from 1963 until 1997 and served as the general secretary of the Communist Party of Kampuchea from 1963 to 1981.

Born to a prosperous farmer in Prek Sbauv, French Cambodia, Pol Pot was educated at some of Cambodia's elite schools. In the 1940s, he moved to Paris, France, where he joined the French Communist Party and adopted Marxism–Leninism, particularly as it was presented in the writings of Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong. Returning to Cambodia in 1953, he joined the Marxist–Leninist Khmer Việt Minh organisation in its guerrilla war against King Norodom Sihanouk's newly independent government. Following the Khmer Việt Minh's 1954 retreat into Marxist-Leninist controlled North Vietnam, Pol Pot returned to Phnom Penh, working as a teacher while remaining a central member of Cambodia's Marxist–Leninist movement. In 1959, he helped convert the movement into the Kampuchean Labour Party—later renamed the Communist Party of Kampuchea—and in 1960 took control as party secretary. To avoid state repression, in 1962 he relocated to a Việt Cộng jungle encampment before visiting Hanoi and Beijing, backing China amid the Sino-Soviet Split. In 1968, he re-launched the war against Cambodia's government. Aided by the North Vietnamese military, Pol Pot's forces advanced and controlled all of Cambodia by 1975.

Pol Pot was educated at some of Cambodia's elite schools.
    Paris, France, where he joined the French Communist Party and adopted Marxism–Leninism,
    Those regarded as enemies of the new government were killed. These mass killings, coupled with malnutrition, strenuous working conditions, and poor medical care, killed between 1.5 and 3 million people —approximately a quarter of Cambodia's population

Those that do not know and learn from history are doomed to repeat it....
    Do you think Harvard teaches about this man as the blinded hate-filled murdering bastard that he truly was or as some kind of hero?
    I mean look at the first quote, while you ponder the question...-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 06-18-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Pretty amazing coming from a Freshman Congress Critter that chased Amazon from her Electoral District.

What an immature fool!
    This is false, AOC didn't chase Amazon away from her district

She chased Amazon away from a district that she doesn't even represent LOL the people in that district were like "what the fuck bitch?"