Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks (Given)
    927
    Thanks (Received)
    3658
    Likes (Given)
    470
    Likes (Received)
    749
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17759636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I've known a few SEALs, in fact a real good friend was killed on Extortion 17, and can tell you they ARE good people, good people who are asked to do some tough things that would jade anyone. That doesn't excuse murder , which I personally believe this guy just got away with, but it does explain things like posing with dead terrorists.
    Maybe he got away with murder but clearly the military justice system was incapable of proving it.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson


  2. Thanks Kathianne, STTAB, Gunny thanked this post
  3. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    39,493
    Thanks (Given)
    14975
    Thanks (Received)
    10905
    Likes (Given)
    3149
    Likes (Received)
    1448
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Maybe he got away with murder but clearly the military justice system was incapable of proving it.
    Reading the accounts of how they were working on that kid, harkens back to the post you just wrote about the care for enemies 'can be' astounding,' something like that; at first I took the witness saying 'he killed' the kid, not Gallagher as a case of muddying the waters. Now I'm not so sure. His explanation was having witnessed what the Iraqis did to the captured, 'mercy killing.'

    We'll never know, nor would it help.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  4. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks (Given)
    927
    Thanks (Received)
    3658
    Likes (Given)
    470
    Likes (Received)
    749
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17759636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Reading the accounts of how they were working on that kid, harkens back to the post you just wrote about the care for enemies 'can be' astounding,' something like that; at first I took the witness saying 'he killed' the kid, not Gallagher as a case of muddying the waters. Now I'm not so sure. His explanation was having witnessed what the Iraqis did to the captured, 'mercy killing.'

    We'll never know, nor would it help.
    At this point, it is over and done with. Atrocities are committed in war by all sides. That does not make them "morally" right or excusable BUT they are inevitable. Sometimes punishable (particularly by the winner of the conflict when they sentence the loser for "war crimes").
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson


  5. Thanks Kathianne, STTAB, Gunny thanked this post
  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks (Given)
    927
    Thanks (Received)
    3658
    Likes (Given)
    470
    Likes (Received)
    749
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17759636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Reading the accounts of how they were working on that kid, harkens back to the post you just wrote about the care for enemies 'can be' astounding,' something like that; at first I took the witness saying 'he killed' the kid, not Gallagher as a case of muddying the waters. Now I'm not so sure. His explanation was having witnessed what the Iraqis did to the captured, 'mercy killing.'

    We'll never know, nor would it help.
    It seems rather incongruous that the team would be rendering medical aid just to kill the guy in the end. Why bother? It just doesn't add up in my book.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson


  7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
  8. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,827
    Thanks (Given)
    684
    Thanks (Received)
    772
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    524
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4030843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Maybe he got away with murder but clearly the military justice system was incapable of proving it.
    I think it was proven that he did it, and the jury just wanted to let him go. That's what I think.

    Would have been a completely different situation if that had been some innocent bystander of a Muslim (as if there is such a thing, but I digress) I believe that jury simply said "we're not gonna punish this guy for killing a fucking terrorist" and the witness saying he's actually the one who killed him gave them the perfect opportunity to do so.

  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks (Given)
    927
    Thanks (Received)
    3658
    Likes (Given)
    470
    Likes (Received)
    749
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17759636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I think it was proven that he did it, and the jury just wanted to let him go. That's what I think.

    Would have been a completely different situation if that had been some innocent bystander of a Muslim (as if there is such a thing, but I digress) I believe that jury simply said "we're not gonna punish this guy for killing a fucking terrorist" and the witness saying he's actually the one who killed him gave them the perfect opportunity to do so.
    I would hope that anyone on that jury based their findings on the case presented and NOT on their preconceived (and largely unsubstantiated) opinions. Then again, I am not so stupid as to believe that some military folks have less integrity than others.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson


  10. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,827
    Thanks (Given)
    684
    Thanks (Received)
    772
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    524
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4030843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I would hope that anyone on that jury based their findings on the case presented and NOT on their preconceived (and largely unsubstantiated) opinions. Then again, I am not so stupid as to believe that some military folks have less integrity than others.
    People sometimes forget that when talking about the military or even police. We ARE talking about groups of human , so expecting them to be more than human in their behaviors is more than a little foolish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •