Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I've known a few SEALs, in fact a real good friend was killed on Extortion 17, and can tell you they ARE good people, good people who are asked to do some tough things that would jade anyone. That doesn't excuse murder , which I personally believe this guy just got away with, but it does explain things like posing with dead terrorists.
    Maybe he got away with murder but clearly the military justice system was incapable of proving it.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Thanks Kathianne, STTAB, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Maybe he got away with murder but clearly the military justice system was incapable of proving it.
    Reading the accounts of how they were working on that kid, harkens back to the post you just wrote about the care for enemies 'can be' astounding,' something like that; at first I took the witness saying 'he killed' the kid, not Gallagher as a case of muddying the waters. Now I'm not so sure. His explanation was having witnessed what the Iraqis did to the captured, 'mercy killing.'

We'll never know, nor would it help.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Reading the accounts of how they were working on that kid, harkens back to the post you just wrote about the care for enemies 'can be' astounding,' something like that; at first I took the witness saying 'he killed' the kid, not Gallagher as a case of muddying the waters. Now I'm not so sure. His explanation was having witnessed what the Iraqis did to the captured, 'mercy killing.'

At this point, it is over and done with. Atrocities are committed in war by all sides. That does not make them "morally" right or excusable BUT they are inevitable. Sometimes punishable (particularly by the winner of the conflict when they sentence the loser for "war crimes").
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. Thanks Kathianne, STTAB, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

It seems rather incongruous that the team would be rendering medical aid just to kill the guy in the end. Why bother? It just doesn't add up in my book.
    Thomas Jefferson

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think it was proven that he did it, and the jury just wanted to let him go. That's what I think.

Would have been a completely different situation if that had been some innocent bystander of a Muslim (as if there is such a thing, but I digress) I believe that jury simply said "we're not gonna punish this guy for killing a fucking terrorist" and the witness saying he's actually the one who killed him gave them the perfect opportunity to do so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I think it was proven that he did it, and the jury just wanted to let him go. That's what I think.

Would have been a completely different situation if that had been some innocent bystander of a Muslim (as if there is such a thing, but I digress) I believe that jury simply said "we're not gonna punish this guy for killing a fucking terrorist" and the witness saying he's actually the one who killed him gave them the perfect opportunity to do so.
    I would hope that anyone on that jury based their findings on the case presented and NOT on their preconceived (and largely unsubstantiated) opinions. Then again, I am not so stupid as to believe that some military folks have less integrity than others.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I would hope that anyone on that jury based their findings on the case presented and NOT on their preconceived (and largely unsubstantiated) opinions. Then again, I am not so stupid as to believe that some military folks have less integrity than others.
    People sometimes forget that when talking about the military or even police. We ARE talking about groups of human , so expecting them to be more than human in their behaviors is more than a little foolish.