Unfortunately, I've removed the usergroup images in recognition of those who have served. It was never meant to be a true verification but rather a simple acknowledgement based on someone's word. After all, we are all basically anonymous from one another.

I had never envisioned that it could ever cause any issues. But it has. And while I understand all sides over time, this isn't a military board, and since their is privacy involved, and folks don't believe me if someone verifies, I don't want to see fighting over something that was supposed to be a small token from me, to those who have served our great country.

In the past there was discussion, because of the privacy, that there could maybe be one point person allowed to do any style of the verifying. If that person won't be believed, then the privacy issue is gone. I don't blame anyone at all from not wanting to share personal details. Some folks are very open about things, including myself, but others are very private people, and I fully respect that too.

So those that have served - you have the endless thanks from me for doing so, and that still won't be enough. And I apologize in advance for this not working out, but a simple anonymous image isn't worth having extended feuds over.