Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Erasing America

And the majority of this crap over the past few years has been demands from kids in school and in college. Unbelievable. Fairly soon you will be reading in textbooks that America was founded in 2008 when the great Obama took office.

Enough is enough already.

I've posted the mural as well so you can see just how offensive it really is.

---

George Washington High School to Erase ‘Offensive’ George Washington Mural

George Washington High School in San Francisco, California, plans to remove an “offensive” mural of George Washington. At a school board meeting this week, no board members spoke in defense of the historical art, which one speaker claims causes “visual offense.”

According to a local news report, George Washington High School in San Francisco plans to erase a 13-panel mural from 1936 that depicts George Washington. Many critics of the mural have condemned its depictions of slaves and Native Americans. Now, the school is on the verge of removing the mural altogether.

Breitbart News originally reported on the push to remove the mural in May, when alumni backed the calls for removal. Although many members in the local community, including students, have argued in favor of keeping the mural, others still insist that it be taken down. At a meeting that was held on June 18, not even one school board member argued that the mural should stay up.

“Why do we have to explain the pain caused by visual offense that we see in that building that is supposed to be an institution of learning,” one local said.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...hington-mural/

And here - we SURELY don't want any bells offending anyone. I mean, they are there to LEARN, and history apparently isn't a part of it anymore.

UC Santa Cruz Will Remove ‘Offensive’ Bells from Campus

UC Santa Cruz has announced that it will remove historic bells from the “Spanish Missions” after members of the community called them offensive.

According to a report by Campus Reform, the University of California, Santa Cruz, will remove a major historical artifact from campus. The reason? Many in the UC Santa Cruz community argued that the artifact is offensive.

The “Spanish Mission” bells were used between 1769 and 1833 to highlight the path of the 21 California Missions, which were constructed to evangelize Native Americans.

Now, the school views these bells as symbols of past oppression. The university released a statement last week announcing that the bells would be removed from campus.

Valentin Lopez, chairman of the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band, encouraged the university to remove the bells. “These bells are deeply painful symbols that celebrate the destruction, domination and erasure of our people,” Lopez said in a comment. “They are constant reminders of the disrespect our tribe faces to this day.”

Sarah Latham, UC Santa Cruz’s vice chancellor for Business and Administrative Services, said that the students were the catalyst behind the decision to remove the bells. “Val brought forth concerns to us about the symbolism of the bell. He spoke of the historical injustices and oppression that the bell represents to the Amah Mutsun and indigenous populations. It was such a compelling statement of impact and I am pleased we have been able to work in partnership with them on the removal. Our students have also given voice to the need to remove the bell,” Latham said.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...s-from-campus/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...sive-politics/

It’s Curtains for a George Washington Mural in San Francisco. Or Paint, or Panels. Just Hide It!

By JAMES SUTTON

June 20, 2019 6:30 AM

Irony alert: The mural depicts Washington in a negative light. Nonetheless, it ‘glorifies slavery,’ the city’s board of education charges.T
    he Founding Fathers often serve as a rhetorical backstop for progressives who wish to dismiss conservatives’ concerns about erasing history. Whatever happens, “nobody’s going to get rid of the Founders,” the retort usually goes. During a panel at the Aspen Ideas Festival in 2017, Harvard historian Annette Gordon-Reed, when asked whether Jefferson was next on the chopping block, confidently claimed, “You’re not going to have American history without Jefferson. . . . It’s not the Soviet Union.”

Not for lack of trying, answered the San Francisco Board of Education! A mere two years after the controversy over Confederate monuments, a mural featuring George Washington is slated to be taken down. After some students complained that the images of a dead Native American and enslaved African Americans in The Life of Washington made them feel uncomfortable, the Board was pressured into voting for its removal.

One might assume this was a fresco that glorified the treatment of Native Americans and whitewashed the history of slavery. The exact opposite, in fact. The mural was created by a Russian émigré named Victor Arnatauff, an actual Communist who painted in the social-realist style. Connecting Washington with slavery and the killing of indigenous peoples was unusual for the time; Arnatauff included these scenes as a critique of the Founding.

It’s hard to overstate how rock-stupid this controversy is. The idea that the mural “glorifies slavery, genocide, colonization, Manifest Destiny, white supremacy, oppression,” as the Board claims, is ludicrous to anyone who actually looks at it. In the scene with the dead Native American, Washington points toward a band of armed explorers in buckskin marching over the native’s corpse. He isn’t looking at the body, however: He’s facing in the other direction, conversing with other Founders over a map of North America.

It’s a powerful statement about how the Founding Fathers, in their idealism and ambition, did not focus on the bloody realities of early America. But progressives seem to think that high-schoolers aren’t intellectually capable of discussing difficult moral questions such as “Is slavery bad?” They also don’t seem to believe that young adults have the emotional bandwidth to calmly walk past depictions of violent periods in our past.

The mural (which lies about 20 blocks from my house) wasn’t even particularly opposed by the student body. According to teachers who attended the public hearings over the mural, the majority of students were against its removal or just apathetic. But a small group of outside busybodies joined with a few students to ensure that it would be removed from the public’s sight. Once the words “racist” or “white supremacist” are attached to something, no matter how inaccurate, liberals will not risk their reputation by defending it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I think screwing with historical truth, be it good or bad, is stupid and should be a crime. It's no wonder our kids don't know a damned thing about history. They aren't taught it. They just get some revisionist crap.

I am constantly harping about not learning from history but it's pretty easy to not do so if you don't have any to start with.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Elessar, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

This crap is getting out of hand. Now kids are being appeased whenever they
    complain about something, a syndrome that carries into supposed 'adulthood'.

Time to tell them to sit, down, shut up and learn. For good or not, our nation's
    past is what has built the present. This catering to crybabies is really a disgrace.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I think we should play their game and erase any history of slavery in this country. Just sayin'.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Looks like this paint over is now under question. Some liberal, 'progressives' are now calling the San Francisco school board, "Trump like"!

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ncisco-1424425

Move to erase George Washington mural sparks firestorm among Dems
    By CARLA MARINUCCI 07/22/2019 05:07 AM EDT

SAN FRANCISCO — A San Francisco school board decision to spend $600,000 to paint over a New Deal-era mural of George Washington as a slave owner is fueling a family feud among Democrats — with a growing chorus protesting that the controversial move may hand Donald Trump potent ammunition in his re-election bid.

“I think of myself as liberal, progressive, and have been all my life — but I’m just sort of stunned by this,’’ veteran Democratic strategist Bob Shrum said Sunday. “We have a little more important things to do — like defeating Donald Trump — than to whitewash a mural.”

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And the majority of this crap over the past few years has been demands from kids in school and in college. Unbelievable. Fairly soon you will be reading in textbooks that America was founded in 2008 when the great Obama took office.

Enough is enough already.

I've posted the mural as well so you can see just how offensive it really is.

---

George Washington High School to Erase ‘Offensive’ George Washington Mural

George Washington High School in San Francisco, California, plans to remove an “offensive” mural of George Washington. At a school board meeting this week, no board members spoke in defense of the historical art, which one speaker claims causes “visual offense.”

According to a local news report, George Washington High School in San Francisco plans to erase a 13-panel mural from 1936 that depicts George Washington. Many critics of the mural have condemned its depictions of slaves and Native Americans. Now, the school is on the verge of removing the mural altogether.

Breitbart News originally reported on the push to remove the mural in May, when alumni backed the calls for removal. Although many members in the local community, including students, have argued in favor of keeping the mural, others still insist that it be taken down. At a meeting that was held on June 18, not even one school board member argued that the mural should stay up.

“Why do we have to explain the pain caused by visual offense that we see in that building that is supposed to be an institution of learning,” one local said.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...hington-mural/

And here - we SURELY don't want any bells offending anyone. I mean, they are there to LEARN, and history apparently isn't a part of it anymore.

UC Santa Cruz Will Remove ‘Offensive’ Bells from Campus

UC Santa Cruz has announced that it will remove historic bells from the “Spanish Missions” after members of the community called them offensive.

According to a report by Campus Reform, the University of California, Santa Cruz, will remove a major historical artifact from campus. The reason? Many in the UC Santa Cruz community argued that the artifact is offensive.

The “Spanish Mission” bells were used between 1769 and 1833 to highlight the path of the 21 California Missions, which were constructed to evangelize Native Americans.

Now, the school views these bells as symbols of past oppression. The university released a statement last week announcing that the bells would be removed from campus.

Valentin Lopez, chairman of the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band, encouraged the university to remove the bells. “These bells are deeply painful symbols that celebrate the destruction, domination and erasure of our people,” Lopez said in a comment. “They are constant reminders of the disrespect our tribe faces to this day.”

Sarah Latham, UC Santa Cruz’s vice chancellor for Business and Administrative Services, said that the students were the catalyst behind the decision to remove the bells. “Val brought forth concerns to us about the symbolism of the bell. He spoke of the historical injustices and oppression that the bell represents to the Amah Mutsun and indigenous populations. It was such a compelling statement of impact and I am pleased we have been able to work in partnership with them on the removal. Our students have also given voice to the need to remove the bell,” Latham said.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...s-from-campus/
    You sir are a racist. Every person can see the cannon in that picture, and cannon were on the ships that the colonial used to bring the black slaves that they bought from other black people back to this country, ergo cannons are racist and Washington is obviously quite proud of his racist cannon in that painting, so it has to go.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Let’s replace it with something more contemporary and urban. You know, like graffiti. Would that be ok?

If people would study the Constitutional Convention, and do so without their liberal offended blinders on, they may actually understand what our founders had to do to get the states to sign and thus actually form a defendable country. But the level of ignorance shows no signs of abatement.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    You sir are a racist. Every person can see the cannon in that picture, and cannon were on the ships that the colonial used to bring the black slaves that they bought from other black people back to this country, ergo cannons are racist and Washington is obviously quite proud of his racist cannon in that painting, so it has to go.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think screwing with historical truth, be it good or bad, is stupid and should be a crime. It's no wonder our kids don't know a damned thing about history. They aren't taught it. They just get some revisionist crap.

I am constantly harping about not learning from history but it's pretty easy to not do so if you don't have any to start with.
    Seen many lefties complain about these issues? At least outside those complaining about history, and complaining until they get things removed and edited from history? Of course you haven't.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Hmmmm, perhaps it's the cannon that they really have the problem with? Think about it, who really needs a cannon? They're scary looking! And how many have cannons killed over the years? I see NOTHING in the 2nd amendment about "cannons", and they need to go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Nothing says “White Privilege” like a cannon.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

2 out of 13 panels might have 'triggered' black or native american students. (Ok). Just to recap what the school board unanimously voted to destroy:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...rancisco-68182

...The 1,600-square-foot mural series titled “Life of Washington” was painted on San Francisco’s George Washington High School in 1936 by a Russian-American artist and Stanford University art professor Victor Arnautoff.

It was funded by the New Deal’s Works Progress Administration and shows a variety of scenes from Washington’s life.

School district spokeswoman Laura Dudnick confirmed that although only two mural pieces stand out as offensive to members of the community, the board’s decision would apply to all 13 panels of the mural.

https://sf.curbed.com/2019/6/24/1871...ctor-arnautoff

At this site, you may see the panels.

Here's one picture:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

They don’t even deserve the art.

-Abbey