Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default If neighbor kills your dog - what would you do?

Apparently this lady had a tiny little dog it appears. He does not bite according to her, and the neighbor doesn't dispute this, nor does he claim the dog did anything aggressive. He merely went to a neighbors home wagging his tail. He does say "He TRIED to come in our house, which very quickly changes to "He came in the house, and came after me". You hear another woman in the background saying she is deathly afraid of dogs. You can tell it's a very small breed when the women crying goes near his lifeless body. I stopped the vid at that point as I don't wanna see a dead dog.

So...

I know that as far as the law is concerned, a dog is seen as property
    A dog should be leashed at all times if not in your yard
    A yard should be secured so that a dog doesn't get away and roam
    And I'm sure a homeowner has the right to protect themselves if a stray dog were to just wander in and "come at them".

With that said, there would be some consequences from me, if I knew that my dog was 100% non-aggressive, but I even know he got away due to my fault, and even though he went to someone else's property. I can only think if this were my Pug or my Chihuahua or my Husky. None are/were aggressive in the slightest. If my neighbor killed my dog, I just know I'm not taking it.

She goes to her dog around the 35 second mark and you can hear the argument prior.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

In this situation? Payback. Sooner or later. And you'd know who did it and not be able to prove a thing.

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    In this situation? Payback. Sooner or later. And you'd know who did it and not be able to prove a thing.

Zactly, my friend, exactly. I'm not a dummy and gonna go cause a ruckus and end up in jail for my way of JUSTICE, and that's what it would be, according to me. I can wait. And yup, they'll likely and hopefully even know it was me. And also yup, they won't have anything to go on, in more than one way.

My brother in Georgia had a pit bull that got out and went to the neighbors house, and they too shot her. I understand a little more with a PB, as it could obviously be scary. But even with a gun in hand, unless the fucker is attacking, why kill it? He claims this pit bull was a softy and loved everyone, and he never even thought twice about letting her play with the kids.

He was walking over there the next day to burn their home down or to shoot the guy! Dang! I talked him outta that shit. Jeff has quite the temper when angry! Jail ain't worth all that. But something should be done. I gave him the exact same advice. I actually forgot all about that so I really can't say if he ever did anything or not. Gotta ask the bastard. I know he's not in jail though!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Zactly, my friend, exactly. I'm not a dummy and gonna go cause a ruckus and end up in jail for my way of JUSTICE, and that's what it would be, according to me. I can wait. And yup, they'll likely and hopefully even know it was me. And also yup, they won't have anything to go on, in more than one way.

My brother in Georgia had a pit bull that got out and went to the neighbors house, and they too shot her. I understand a little more with a PB, as it could obviously be scary. But even with a gun in hand, unless the fucker is attacking, why kill it? He claims this pit bull was a softy and loved everyone, and he never even thought twice about letting her play with the kids.

He was walking over there the next day to burn their home down or to shoot the guy! Dang! I talked him outta that shit. Jeff has quite the temper when angry! Jail ain't worth all that. But something should be done. I gave him the exact same advice. I actually forgot all about that so I really can't say if he ever did anything or not. Gotta ask the bastard. I know he's not in jail though!
    My first instinct would be to kick the neighbor's ass but as you said ... I've been to jail a time or two. Food and sleeping accommodations suck

A year later and your car's all f-d up but not enough to be totaled and covered by insurance? Bummer. How'd THAT happen? I can come up with all kinds of sneaky-ass attack shit. THAT (referring to another convo we are having) is where my imagination knows no bounds
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Since I love Dogs......I would rather...

Just go to Nancy Pelosi's Funeral at the Pet Graveyard....overlooking the Homeless in Than Fran Thisco. Where all of the Dirty Dogs rest.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I like dogs, big ones, but do not have the space on my property they deserve.

I do not like lap dogs and Yapping dogs that chirp rather than Bark.

I also do not like neighbors that will not clean up the yard after the dog craps.
    One neighbor just let it go and the smell in warmer months was enough
    to gag a maggot. His rotty and pit bull tried to tear down the fence to
    get to me. Pepper spray stopped that, Pronto.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

I also do not like neighbors that will not clean up the yard after the dog craps.
    Are you confessing to something?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default If neighbor kills your dog - what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Apparently this lady had a tiny little dog it appears. He does not bite according to her, and the neighbor doesn't dispute this, nor does he claim the dog did anything aggressive. He merely went to a neighbors home wagging his tail. He does say "He TRIED to come in our house, which very quickly changes to "He came in the house, and came after me". You hear another woman in the background saying she is deathly afraid of dogs. You can tell it's a very small breed when the women crying goes near his lifeless body. I stopped the vid at that point as I don't wanna see a dead dog.

So...

I know that as far as the law is concerned, a dog is seen as property
    A dog should be leashed at all times if not in your yard
    A yard should be secured so that a dog doesn't get away and roam
    And I'm sure a homeowner has the right to protect themselves if a stray dog were to just wander in and "come at them".

With that said, there would be some consequences from me, if I knew that my dog was 100% non-aggressive, but I even know he got away due to my fault, and even though he went to someone else's property. I can only think if this were my Pug or my Chihuahua or my Husky. None are/were aggressive in the slightest. If my neighbor killed my dog, I just know I'm not taking it.

She goes to her dog around the 35 second mark and you can hear the argument prior.

I'd just get another dog.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Are you confessing to something?
    Nope! Just fact.

I worked with attack dogs for a while that were trained by an Army MP.
    Told me how to kill one that attacked.....shove your arm and fist down their throat.....gag them.
    All the hitting you try is not effective. Gagging is.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

In CA my neighbor's pit bull came in my yard and attacked our ducks and charged at me. I picked up bat and chased him home. Told owner if it ever happened again I would kill dog or arrange a beat down for him. Very aggressive dog. It had actually attacked neighbor on other side. They chained him up until Animal Control said can't be on chain. They finally built him a kennel to stay in.

I have never worried about someone killing my dog because they were never out of my control. However, I would never kill someone else's pet in revenge.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

14. Thanks jimnyc, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    I'd just get another dog.

You're not a dog person. It's not that easy.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

16. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    You're not a dog person. It's not that easy.
    I think I'd definitely bring a civil suit. Hit the jerk where it counts.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

I hate little dogs and am thankful that I have plenty of space to let my Danes and Labs run. If a cat can kick your ass, you're not a dog.

As for if a neighbor killing my dog. Well, that's why I don't have neighbors because with very few exceptions I'd beat the shit out of anyone who intentionally hurt one of my animals, and I'd worry about the consequences later.

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I hate little dogs and am thankful that I have plenty of space to let my Danes and Labs run. If a cat can kick your ass, you're not a dog.

As for if a neighbor killing my dog. Well, that's why I don't have neighbors because with very few exceptions I'd beat the shit out of anyone who intentionally hurt one of my animals, and I'd worry about the consequences later.

21. Thanks STTAB thanked this post