Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Pelosi: Trump needs authority from congress

Pelosi's take is interesting. At least if you consider her own words regarding Obama and Libya. Read 2nd article below.

Mind you, my point is her HYPOCRISY.

---

Pelosi: Trump ‘Must Have the Authority of Congress Before We Initiate Military Hostilities into Iran’

Friday on Capitol Hill, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) told reporters that President Donald Trump “must have the authority of Congress” before he initiated military conflict with Iran.

Pelosi said, “I think the message was bipartisan in terms of de-escalating based on a couple of things. First of all, we have no illusions about Iran. It’s a very dangerous country, and there are divisions within the country about hard-liners versus others. There was bipartisan consensus that we didn’t want to do anything that would strengthen the hand of hard-liners in Iran because that just makes matters worse. The consensus that we should be working with our allies in whatever we do and calibrating a response that is strategic and serious about the challenge we face. And bipartisanship as to what are our objectives in the region. We have to protect American interests, but how do we define what they are? And so we left with the idea that the president was going to consider some options. I did not receive any heads up that there was a strike that was in the works. Maybe the other leaders did on the Republican side, but I did not receive any of that. And that would be a departure. The president has informed us, for example, in Syria, before we went in.”

She continued, “We don’t know how imminent the strike was, we hear different things, but a strike of that amount of collateral damage would be very provocative, and I’m glad that the President did not take that. I think there are many options that are not kinetic, as they say, a strike on the country, that might be more useful. Those are options the president might be considering, but let me be very clear, the Democrats in the meeting —House and Senate Democrats— were very clear that Congress must act. He must have the authority of Congress before we initiate military hostilities into Iran.”

A reporter asked, “The president seems to suggest that he found out about the apparent death toll if they had gone through with the strike just moments they would have conducted the strike. Isn’t that something you think he should have known about beforehand?”

Pelosi said, “You know, I don’t know the timing of when the president learned the consequences of it. I don’t even know how off the ground these planes were. That’s something you just have to ask the White House. It would make sense if you are considering options that you know what the consequences are before you make a decision to go forward.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ies-into-iran/

Pelosi backs Obama on Libya

President Obama did not require Congress's approval to launch attacks in Libya, nor does he need congressional authorization to keep U.S. forces there, the top House Democrat said Thursday.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said the White House violated neither the Constitution nor the War Powers Resolution when it launched military operations in the war-torn African nation in March without Congress's endorsement.

"The limited nature of this engagement allows the president to go forward," Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol. "I'm satisfied that the president has the authority he needs to go ahead.

"If we had boots on the ground … then that's a different story," Pelosi added.
    "I don't think they should stop the support that they're giving to NATO to stop the humanitarian disaster."

The remarks are a stark contrast to those delivered Thursday by Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), who suggested the House might cut off funding for the Libyan operation if the administration doesn't answer more of Boehner's questions about the mission.

Obama has been under fire from members of both parties since he launched the Libya campaign in March while Congress was on recess. The administration has said the operation was necessary to save thousands – even tens of thousands – of civilians from government troops controlled by longtime Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi. The Pentagon quickly ceded control of the mission to NATO, but has retained forces in support of the international intervention.

On Wednesday, the administration gave party leaders the legal reasoning behind its belief that the War Powers Resolution is not applicable to the Pentagon's foray in Libya, emphasizing that the mission is now run by NATO, with U.S. forces playing just a supporting role.

The report met fierce opposition from Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), who spearheaded a bipartisan lawsuit contending Obama violated both the Constitution and the War Powers Resolution in Libya.

"The White House claim that the war is not war is not a legal argument," Kucinich said in a statement. "It is a political argument."

Boehner also slammed the report, saying some of the administration's claims don't pass "the straight-face test."

“The White House says there are no hostilities taking place, yet we’ve got drone attacks underway, we’re spending $10 million a day, [and] part of the mission is to drop bombs on [Libyan dictator Moammar] Gadhafi's compound,” Boehner said. “That doesn’t pass the straight-face test, in my view, that we’re not in the midst of hostilities.”

Pelosi said she hasn't read the entire document but has been receiving a steady stream of classified updates on the Libyan situation. As long as those communications continue, she said she'll continue to support the mission in Libya.

"Consultation between the executive and the legislative branch is essential," she said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/1...obama-on-libya
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

No he doesn't. This is just more stupid shit.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    No he doesn't. This is just more stupid shit.
    Oh, I agree, it's the hypocrisy and outright lying that irritates the hell out of me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh, I agree, it's the hypocrisy and outright lying that irritates the hell out of me.
    The President has authority to deploy the Marine Corps for 180 days without Congress' approval.

The President, as CinC, can respond to an attack on the US/US interests with whatever he has at his disposal at the time. One would hope, as Trump did do, the response would be measured by the damage of the attack. As it is, it's just another shot at America for the purpose of pissing us off.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Most politicians are......

Especially Nancy Pelosi, and the entire Democrat membership of Congress....All Qualify as....

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have to offer admiration for the President for standing down the forces after that drone
    shoot down. Factors were that estimated casualties in Persia would have exceeded
    150 people. Wise move to stand off...for now.

Had any American lives been lost, I would say release the Hounds of War.!

P.S. Pilosi is a two-faced idiot.
    Last edited by Elessar; 06-22-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I have to offer admiration for the President for standing down the forces after that drone
    shoot down. Factors were that estimated casualties in Persia would have exceeded
    150 people. Wise move to stand off...for now.

Had any American lives been lost, I would say release the Hounds of War.!

P.S. Pilosi is a two-faced idiot.
    I wouldn't go as far as "admiration" His reason is good enough for me, but I don't count unless I hate him. What I don't like is him saying anything. Let it get leaked (and you know it will) and then let the batshit crazy folk tug at their last brain cell until their heads explode.

The Iranians would be in the dark without a statement and/or response. None of these assclowns could deal with silence.