Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Iran Says Middle East Will Be ‘Set On Fire’ If US Attacks

"Ummm, yeah, if you touch us, umm, we can't get you but we will destroy all of our neighbors!"

Another WTF? is wrong with these people.

----

Iran Says Middle East Will Be ‘Set On Fire’ If US Attacks

Tehran warned President Donald Trump Saturday that if the U.S. attacks Iran, the entire Middle East will be “set on fire.”

The warning comes after a U.S. Navy drone was shot down Thursday by the Islamic Republic and a week after two oil tankers were attacked near the Strait of Hormuz. Reports surfaced Friday that Trump was considering an attack on Iran, which he ultimately decided against “10 minutes” before strikes were set to be launched.

“Firing one bullet towards Iran will set fire to the interests of America and its allies” in the Middle East, armed forces general staff spokesman Brigadier General Abolfazl Shekarchi told Tasnim News Agency, according to AFP.

“If the enemy — especially America and its allies in the region — make the military mistake of shooting the powder keg on which America’s interests lie, the region will be set on fire,” Shekarchi said.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/22/i...re-us-attacks/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I don't know why people go for this kind of crap. Talk. Same old game. The US won't do anything so they wave their fists and make empty proclamations.

I'd have already blown up one or more of Iran's SAAM sites immediately after the downing of the drone; especially, the one that shot down the drone if I had it identified. And that's just an attention-getter.

Sooner or later we are going to have to deal with Iran. And don't think Un and a few others aren't watching.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    "Ummm, yeah, if you touch us, umm, we can't get you but we will destroy all of our neighbors!"

Another WTF? is wrong with these people.

----

Iran Says Middle East Will Be ‘Set On Fire’ If US Attacks

Tehran warned President Donald Trump Saturday that if the U.S. attacks Iran, the entire Middle East will be “set on fire.”

The warning comes after a U.S. Navy drone was shot down Thursday by the Islamic Republic and a week after two oil tankers were attacked near the Strait of Hormuz. Reports surfaced Friday that Trump was considering an attack on Iran, which he ultimately decided against “10 minutes” before strikes were set to be launched.

“Firing one bullet towards Iran will set fire to the interests of America and its allies” in the Middle East, armed forces general staff spokesman Brigadier General Abolfazl Shekarchi told Tasnim News Agency, according to AFP.

“If the enemy — especially America and its allies in the region — make the military mistake of shooting the powder keg on which America’s interests lie, the region will be set on fire,” Shekarchi said.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/22/i...re-us-attacks/
    I think this is classic alarm-spreading propaganda.

The Left - back in 2003 - insisted upon their 'It's All About The Oil' interpretation for why America, according to them, was so keen to invade Iraq. I think we're beginning to see Iran resurrect that same old ploy, to invite Left-leaning powers, internationally, to try and discredit America's motives if they don't 'leave Iran alone'.

It has usefulness in worrying (they hope) any Middle-Eastern exporter of oil, trying to get every such power to see the US as a cynical opportunist power .. to create a new 'us versus them' rivalry. The Left will enthusiastically embrace such an effort ... be it ours in the UK, or yours in the US. Wait for them all to come crawling out of the woodwork to demonise you, in a new 'there must not be war' initiative.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Thanks Gunny, CSM, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Well, let them rattle their swords and carry on the glorifying bullshit rhetoric.

Fact is, that even without Nukes that place can be made into craters in 30 minutes.
    Add nukes - total glass surface.

Persia has been an aggressor for centuries. Still playing that "We Will Lead the World" game.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I think this is classic alarm-spreading propaganda.

The Left - back in 2003 - insisted upon their 'It's All About The Oil' interpretation for why America, according to them, was so keen to invade Iraq. I think we're beginning to see Iran resurrect that same old ploy, to invite Left-leaning powers, internationally, to try and discredit America's motives if they don't 'leave Iran alone'.

It has usefulness in worrying (they hope) any Middle-Eastern exporter of oil, trying to get every such power to see the US as a cynical opportunist power .. to create a new 'us versus them' rivalry. The Left will enthusiastically embrace such an effort ... be it ours in the UK, or yours in the US. Wait for them all to come crawling out of the woodwork to demonise you, in a new 'there must not be war' initiative.
    There's already another thread wherein Pelosi's mouth runneth over
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Saddam used to say the same kind of crap.

Sounds like there's a few relatives of Baghdad Bob over there too... Tehran Toms?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Saddam used to say the same kind of crap.

Sounds like there's a few relatives of Baghdad Bob over there too... Tehran Toms?
    That was my thinking from my post above. As I recall, Saddam fired Scuds at Israel, hoping to remind all Middle Eastern powers that he was united with them in a common cause, that he was their 'chum'.

What Iran is doing now isn't all that far removed from Saddam's ploy, though they're playing to a wider audience still. After all, if they can get entities such as the EU ranged in active opposition to the US, it'll help (they hope) with their sanctions situation.

One other point: when I first heard that President Trump had backed off from military action against Iran, I immediately saw this as a bad move, because it'd be interpreted as a lack of resolve; as outright weakness. Our media managed to inject an implication in their reporting of Trump's 'dithering' when reporting events (where Leftist media is concerned, but of course, Trump can do nothing right, whatever it is ..).

So I was cheered to see that, in fact, Trump substituted military action for a cyber attack, instead. It shows everybody that actions WILL incur consequences, which is the lesson aggressors need to be in no doubt about !

I don't much care what form action against Iran really takes, just so long as it's action that has significant adverse consequences which Tehran cannot shrug off.

12. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Next time there will be fireworks. Big ones.

I think the best course would be to sink every one of their boats & ships, eliminate their anti aircraft systems and radar sites. That could be achieved in a few hours.

Then they'll have much work to do with no money, and that'll keep them busy for a few years.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    That was my thinking from my post above. As I recall, Saddam fired Scuds at Israel, hoping to remind all Middle Eastern powers that he was united with them in a common cause, that he was their 'chum'.

What Iran is doing now isn't all that far removed from Saddam's ploy, though they're playing to a wider audience still. After all, if they can get entities such as the EU ranged in active opposition to the US, it'll help (they hope) with their sanctions situation.

One other point: when I first heard that President Trump had backed off from military action against Iran, I immediately saw this as a bad move, because it'd be interpreted as a lack of resolve; as outright weakness. Our media managed to inject an implication in their reporting of Trump's 'dithering' when reporting events (where Leftist media is concerned, but of course, Trump can do nothing right, whatever it is ..).

So I was cheered to see that, in fact, Trump substituted military action for a cyber attack, instead. It shows everybody that actions WILL incur consequences, which is the lesson aggressors need to be in no doubt about !

I don't much care what form action against Iran really takes, just so long as it's action that has significant adverse consequences which Tehran cannot shrug off.

I don't think that telegraphing what we are or may do is a good idea. Truth is, learn something from the terrorists, never know who or when.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don't think that telegraphing what we are or may do is a good idea. Truth is, learn something from the terrorists, never know who or when.
    Tehran needs a lesson in deterrence .. that's surely beyond dispute.

Hopefully the cyber attack itself will have concentrated minds ... but somehow I think Iran's belligerence won't be too dented by what's already happened. Trump needs to keep up the deterrence messages, hoping that Tehran will take notice.

Their reversing the buildup of stocks of enriched uranium would be a good litmus test. [But I don't believe Tehran will do what's required on that score]

We know that Iran is a major (maybe THE most major) terrorist facilitator out there. Walloping them, may send a valuable lesson to all of America's enemies.

17. Likes Kathianne, NightTrain liked this post