Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Mini trip down memory lane

A few more pics I found in my sisters FB pictures. I hate those of me, sleeping and looking like a dork back then whether sleeping or not.... but I appreciate seeing the family photos again! And hey, Janeen didn't draw on me at least!!

He's gonna kill me, but this is my brother John, my sister Janeen and my Dad. And nope, that's not a cane, Dad is just near a chair. And 10 years later he is 83 years old, just painted his own home, got up and down on his knees and installed hardwood flooring in 2 rooms and a hallway. He still just does everything he did as growing up. Quite the handyman and has a million shop tools.

Man, how old was I in this one? 5? And I think we were somewhere down by Miami, not really sure. But that's Mom and Dad, then John, Jeff, Me & Janeen.

My nephew Trevor and my dog Porter, and the dog looks identical today. The nephew changed though!

I was obviously sleeping here, but I do recall that night! And I guess you can more accurately say I was passed out by this point.

Yup, out cold

This was sitting on the couch prior to passing out, sort of

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I've been on that Conch Train a good 3-4 times. Used to see it all the time when my dad was stationed at NAS Key West. It's one of those things you don't appreciate when you live there and see it constantly.

You're still a dork.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've been on that Conch Train a good 3-4 times. Used to see it all the time when my dad was stationed at NAS Key West. It's one of those things you don't appreciate when you live there and see it constantly.

You're still a dork.
    Yup. you nailed it I guess as I know Dad took us to the Keys all the time too. Had old old family relatives in Miami somewhere, and then cousins in Ft. Pierce, so we would hit Florida every year for like 6 weeks. I hated them damn air boats riding near the gators!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Great pics, Jim!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Likes jimnyc liked this post