Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default 11th American dies in Dominican Republic

No doubt something's up. I said that after like 3 deaths, but it just keeps going. And it's apparently more than the deaths, others getting sick as well.

---

New York man becomes 11th Dominican Republic vacation death

NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - As Dominican officials try to quell rising concerns among would-be travelers worldwide about safety there, the U.S. Department of State on Friday confirmed to Fox News the June 17 death of a New York business owner, Vittorio Caruso, 56, who died after becoming critically ill at the Boca Chica Resort in Santo Domingo.

Caruso's death is the third in a seven-day span in June, and he's the 11th American tourist to die in the Dominican Republic since last year. The case of another tourist, a woman from Pennsylvania who died in 2016 under similar circumstances, was made public by her family this past week after they read about the others and detected common threads.

The two other U.S. tourists who died this month are Leyla Cox, a 53-year-old hospital MRI technician from New York who was found dead in her hotel room on June 10, and Joseph Allen, 55, from New Jersey, who died in his room on June 13.

Rest - http://www.fox5dc.com/news/li-man-be...vacation-death

After deaths, more tourists to Dominican Republic say they were stricken with illness

(CNN)Their island getaways went bad in ways that sound similar: crippling stomach cramps, explosive diarrhea and malaise that lasted after they returned home.

But in some ways, they consider themselves lucky. They survived their trips to the Dominican Republic.

As reports of American tourists dying in the country continue to grab headlines, some travelers who fell violently ill tell CNN they wonder whether they may have escaped a worse fate.

More than a dozen reached out to Kaylynn Knull and Tom Schwander, a Colorado couple who were the focus of a CNN story this month, to share their accounts of being sickened. CNN interviewed most of them. Their experiences ranged from what they felt was most likely food poisoning or a virus to what seemed to be dire reactions to chemical contaminants.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/24/healt...nvs/index.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

yep, seems very suspicious to me. The flea bag government down there is struggling to cover the whole thing up and failing miserably at it.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

3. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    yep, seems very suspicious to me. The flea bag government down there is struggling to cover the whole thing up and failing miserably at it.
    Exactly. One would think they would be swarming all over this and at least maybe have a form of a lead by now, or at least on the American news nightly expressing the importance of their investigation.

Look at when it's one of their own though - when former Red Sox player David Ortiz was just shot a week or 2 ago. Hell, they nailed 1 instantly, the other not far behind and then like 6 or more within 24-48. They were all over that one!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Geez... after ten you'd think people would stop going and those still there would get the hell out quick, fast and in a hurry...

I hear Costa Rico is nice... at least I haven't heard of tourists dying down there...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

After all of these problems, perhaps the State Dept should put travel bans and
    restrictions on U.S. Citizens until that third world shit-hole cleans up its act!

Somewhere down there, there is a common denominator and that needs to be found.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!