Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Reparations for Same-Sex Couples

Just giving away more money/freebies by pandering for votes from every group imaginable. I've yet to really see anything they bring forth to be 'reasonable' and maybe even workable in some way. It's almost ALL extravagant BS to get votes from naive citizens and groups.

---

Elizabeth Warren Demands Reparations for Same-Sex Couples

True to form on the intersectionality front, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), a candidate for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, introduced a bill to extend the idea of reparations to LGBT people. While far more limited in scope than frequent calls for slavery reparations to black Americans, the proposal blames the U.S. government for withholding benefits same-sex couples allegedly should have received before the Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage in Obergefell v. Hodges (2015).

On Friday, Warren re-introduced S. 1940, the Refund Equality Act, which would allow same-sex couples to amend past tax returns. According to a report from the Joint Committee on Taxation, the bill would direct $57 million in refunds. The funds would go to same-sex couples in states that had legalized same-sex marriage before the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act in 2013. Warren introduced an earlier version of the bill in 2017.

"The federal government forced legally married same-sex couples in Massachusetts to file as individuals and pay more in taxes for almost a decade," Warren said in a statement on the legislation. "We need to call out that discrimination and to make it right — Congress should pass the Refund Equality Act immediately."

"It wasn’t until marriage equality became law that gay & lesbian couples could jointly file tax returns—so they paid more in taxes," Warren tweeted Saturday. "Our government owes them more than $50M for the years our discriminatory tax code left them out. We must right these wrongs."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/elizabe...e-sex-couples/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Jesus Christ, there is literally nothing a Democrat won't say they support if they thought it would get them votes.

I SO wish Trump would announce that the DoJ is decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level, just so I can watch these idiots argue against legal pot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Gawd! How off-base can these people be?

Why in the hell should I have to pay for a lifestyle that I completely leave alone,
    and do not agree with?

Bunch of pandering bullshit by Warren!
    Last edited by Elessar; 06-24-2019 at 04:34 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!