Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default More helping the illegals

I know they won't, but IMO they should arrest anyone found harboring fugitives from the law. In any other situation, both get arrested anyway. And look at how they all always twist and change words and agendas and pretty much everything.

"fresh state of fear and trauma" - that's how these folks describe those hiding. Well hell, then don't break the law and don't hide!

“Shame on us, U.S., for creating a state of fear for vulnerable people,” - Again, the US didn't create the issue, the criminals did.

"The threats of raids re-traumatizes those who don’t have documents and want to live like the rest of us.” - Nope, their own doing.

“If we start to dehumanize one group for political benefit then we are in danger of harming ourselves.” - They are simply treated as criminals, nothing more and nothing less. Now THEY go through a desert, maybe walk a thousand miles, maybe swim across water, then go under or over a border fence, hide and bypass the law, and then live a life of hiding from the law. They do so to themselves by choice.

---

D.C. Region Sets Up ‘Sanctuary Congregations’ to Shield Illegal Aliens from ICE

The Congregation Action Network — formerly called the DMV Sanctuary Congregation Network — is working in Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland to make churches places where people in the United States illegally can gather to prevent their detainment and deportation.

President Donald Trump announced on Saturday he would delay the start of an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) sweep to detain and deport migrants who had been served deportation orders but have instead disappeared inside the country.

“At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border,” Trump tweeted on Saturday. “If not, Deportations start!”

“In response to President Trump’s announcement that his administration would deport ‘millions’ of undocumented immigrants in the coming weeks, the Congregation Action Network asserted its faithful solidarity with immigrant families across the DC Metro area who have been put into a fresh state of fear and trauma,” a press release from the network said. “Network clergy are speaking out and urging their communities to stay safe and their congregations to take action.”

“Shame on us, U.S., for creating a state of fear for vulnerable people,” Rev. Julio Hernandez, of Arlington, Virginia, said. “The community is already struggling for survival. The threats of raids re-traumatizes those who don’t have documents and want to live like the rest of us.”

“We are all humans,” Hernandez said. “If we start to dehumanize one group for political benefit then we are in danger of harming ourselves.”

“The Network has urged its members to reach out to local governments and law enforcement and urge them not to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE),” the network press release said. “Lack of access to area detention facilities or support from law enforcement will make it harder for ICE to carry out widespread arrests.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mmigrants-ice/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Whatever happened to the concept of "aiding and abetting" criminal activity???
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Taken over by politics, and now depends on where you stand politically. If a normal day and one person, and not an illegal, and a white person harboring and aiding in their home - BOTH get arrested and that's that and not even a discussion but rather a for a job well done.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

There is a long tradition in this country of allowing churches to give temporary refuge from the law. We most certainly don't want federal agents raiding churches except it extraordinary circumstances , after all. But the key word to that has always been temporary, and it's NEVER been a situation where the church leaders were attempting to protect someone from ever being arrested. I mean for one thing just how damn impractical is that, all ICE has to do is wait right outside the gate of that church, those people will have to come out eventualy.

But my point is, church folk have to my knowledge never been charged with harboring a fugitive for giving temporary refuge in this country . That's an English law tradition that dates back to well before Thomas Jefferson's grandfather was even alive that has been incorporated into our law from the start.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    There is a long tradition in this country of allowing churches to give temporary refuge from the law. We most certainly don't want federal agents raiding churches except it extraordinary circumstances , after all. But the key word to that has always been temporary, and it's NEVER been a situation where the church leaders were attempting to protect someone from ever being arrested. I mean for one thing just how damn impractical is that, all ICE has to do is wait right outside the gate of that church, those people will have to come out eventualy.

But my point is, church folk have to my knowledge never been charged with harboring a fugitive for giving temporary refuge in this country . That's an English law tradition that dates back to well before Thomas Jefferson's grandfather was even alive that has been incorporated into our law from the start.
    I don't know about that... I can think of a case or two where a pedophile priest was protected by church leaders from being arrested/prosecuted... (Never say NEVER! LOL). The fact that churches among other institutions, don't get charged does not mean they are not aiding and abetting. I suppose and argument could be made about the magnitude of the crime (I doubt that too many traffic violations require sanctuary...)
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't know about that... I can think of a case or two where a pedophile priest was protected by church leaders from being arrested/prosecuted... (Never say NEVER! LOL). The fact that churches among other institutions, don't get charged does not mean they are not aiding and abetting. I suppose and argument could be made about the magnitude of the crime (I doubt that too many traffic violations require sanctuary...)
    Because NORMALLY what happens in a situation like this is someone from the church will contact law enforcement and make a deal to turn the fugitive over. As I said these people can't house and hide these illegal aliens forever, and if they tried yes it would into a situation where they themselves could be arrested.

Meaning, of course, that this church doing is entirely nothing more than virtue signaling. They won't prevent a single person from being deported, and they won't risk going to jail themselves over something that ultimately they know they can't prevent. We're talking about people who have already been told by a federal judge that they must leave the country , that ratchets it up a bit .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

In reality there is no law that protects fugitives within a place of worship. Authorities have chosen to lean back at times but that's about it. If I see that there are a hundred illegals claiming such in a church - go in and peacefully cuff and remove.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Because NORMALLY what happens in a situation like this is someone from the church will contact law enforcement and make a deal to turn the fugitive over. As I said these people can't house and hide these illegal aliens forever, and if they tried yes it would into a situation where they themselves could be arrested.

Meaning, of course, that this church doing is entirely nothing more than virtue signaling. They won't prevent a single person from being deported, and they won't risk going to jail themselves over something that ultimately they know they can't prevent. We're talking about people who have already been told by a federal judge that they must leave the country , that ratchets it up a bit .
    I get the "virtue signaling" thing. There is a lot of that going around these days. I would find it most satisfying if these congregations found themselves hosting several hundred (thousands?) of illegals even on a "temporary" basis. I would be willing to bet they would soon be yammering for assistance from the Feds (well maybe not from ICE)
    Thomas Jefferson

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    In reality there is no law that protects fugitives within a place of worship. Authorities have chosen to lean back at times but that's about it. If I see that there are a hundred illegals claiming such in a church - go in and peacefully cuff and remove.
    Of course there is no law The reality is the police can follow a fugitive into a church if they are fleeing OR they can get a warrant to enter a church to look for the subjects , the same as any other building.

But they do not generally do that because it looks terrible to see cops raiding a church and there isn't realy a need to.Whether it's 3 days or a week or even 2 weeks , eventually they will have to leave the church, and in that time law enforcement will be negotiating behind the scenes.

The LAST thing we or Trump needs is a WACO type situaion where ICE raids some church over a few damn illegal aliens. I'm as pro get them out of this country as anyone, but if he did that, he'd lose my vote period.