Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Trial Balloon? Dump Pence Pick Haley?

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/...h-pence-haley/

Hmmm: Op-Ed By Trump Pal Published In WSJ Calls On Trump To Ditch Pence For Haley

ALLAHPUNDITPosted at 11:21 am on June 24, 2019

Noteworthy because of both the author and the publication the op-ed ran in.
    I’m proud to have founded the Democrats for Trump movement in 2016. President Trump’s pro-growth policies have revived the stagnating U.S. economy, and he deserves a second term. But to have the best chance of re-election, he should replace Vice President Mike Pence on the ticket with Nikki Haley.

I mean no disrespect for Mr. Pence, who’s loyally served the president and the nation. But he’s given Mr. Trump all the help he can. He inspired his fellow evangelical Christians to take a chance in 2016. But in 2020 they’ll already be repelled by the Democrats’ embrace of infanticide. Mr. Trump’s greater obstacle to re-election comes from politically moderate suburban women, many of whom see him as divisive…

It’s too late for Mr. Trump to revamp his political personality. But with the 2016 election in the past, Nikki Haley on the ticket could tamp down the antipathy for Mr. Trump that seems to afflict so many moderate and Republican-leaning women. President Trump needs the prospect of a Vice President Haley to help recapture the White House.

The Journal is a Rupert Murdoch newspaper, of course, and Murdoch is a friend of the president’s. Would a friend stir up trouble for POTUS and his vice president by running this without clearing it with Trump himself first? NYT reporter Maggie Haberman doubts it:

The author is Andrew Stein, former president of the New York City Council and a longtime Democrat. But as you see from the excerpt, he’s an unusually Trump-friendly Democrat. He endorsed Trump in 2016, publishing an op-ed in the Journal in that case too, and has known Trump for decades, having visited him in the White House just within the last few months. Trump donated tens of thousands of dollars to Stein’s campaigns in NYC in the 1980s, allegedly using dubious means to do so in order to skirt New York campaign-finance laws. They go way back, they’re friendly, and they’re still in touch.

Which raises the question again: Would Stein have stirred up trouble for his friend the president by submitting a “Dump Pence” piece to a newspaper without giving Trump a veto beforehand?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Pence has been WAY too loyal to dump, and besides it would look be Democrat level obvious pandering to women.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Pence has been WAY too loyal to dump, and besides it would look be Democrat level obvious pandering to women.
    I'm not objective with Trump. It does seem the one group he seriously loses points and never had a good grip on, is 'college educated women.' I can see why he'd want to try and shore that up, though not sure this ploy would work.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm not objective with Trump. It does seem the one group he seriously loses points and never had a good grip on, is 'college educated women.' I can see why he'd want to try and shore that up, though not sure this ploy would work.
    I'm of the opinion that if such obvious pandering could get their votes, who wants their votes anyway?

It's completely ridiculous how long his approval numbers are among college educated women. He's placed more women in more positions of power than any past President, including the magical negro. Hell, he just a Supreme Court Justice seated who hired an all female staff of paralegals. And then there is the kicker, you would the transgender nonsense taking away real oppurtunities from women would turn women off from ANYONE in the Democratic Party.

Trump has done a lot more for women, among other groups than he gets credit for.

And yes I acknowledge that some of that is his own doing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I'm of the opinion that if such obvious pandering could get their votes, who wants their votes anyway?

It's completely ridiculous how long his approval numbers are among college educated women. He's placed more women in more positions of power than any past President, including the magical negro. Hell, he just a Supreme Court Justice seated who hired an all female staff of paralegals. And then there is the kicker, you would the transgender nonsense taking away real oppurtunities from women would turn women off from ANYONE in the Democratic Party.

Trump has done a lot more for women, among other groups than he gets credit for.

And yes I acknowledge that some of that is his own doing.

I can't speak for all women in that group, but yes, I think the pandering is obvious. I also think they need to consider those in that particular group that haven't supported him, are NOT going to. You're correct, he did that on his own-for a long time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I love Haley and wouldn't mind seeing her in any compatible position - but not replacing Pence. And not due to any comparison. I do think dropping Pence and heavily mixing things up and amounts to a loss of votes.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I can't speak for all women in that group, but yes, I think the pandering is obvious. I also think they need to consider those in that particular group that haven't supported him, are NOT going to. You're correct, he did that on his own-for a long time.
    Can anyone name ONE politician at the federal level that doesn't pander???
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

8. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Can anyone name ONE politician at the federal level that doesn't pander???
    Sarcasm? You looking for the easter bunny and a unicorn rolled into one?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Haley caved on the SC flag. She lost it with me right there. THEN I found out she's Indian (the country). Nail in the coffin.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

"College educated women" isn't a qualifier for me for jack. No offense.

You could be raised in a barn and be smarter than some college educated people I know of.

People should be judged based on qualification, not a piece of parer that says they are smart nor what is or isn't swinging between their legs.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "College educated women" isn't a qualifier for me for jack. No offense.

You could be raised in a barn and be smarter than some college educated people I know of.

People should be judged based on qualification, not a piece of parer that says they are smart nor what is or isn't swinging between their legs.
    It's a subgroup the pollsters use and they are not about to ask either of us our opinion on it.

Still and all, the groupings work, more or less. Depending on the grouping, depending on the questions, depending on the skill of the data masters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Well I brought that article up to see how the 'balloon,' if that is what it was, went over here. Wouldn't get my vote, though I do like Haley and would likely vote for her for President.

The rest of you? Nope, didn't seem you like the idea, some find it disloyal, if I'm reading you right. Most or all of you voted for the man.

I think that balloon earned lead material here?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Sarcasm? You looking for the easter bunny and a unicorn rolled into one?
    I'd settle for that.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

15. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well I brought that article up to see how the 'balloon,' if that is what it was, went over here. Wouldn't get my vote, though I do like Haley and would likely vote for her for President.

The rest of you? Nope, didn't seem you like the idea, some find it disloyal, if I'm reading you right. Most or all of you voted for the man.

I think that balloon earned lead material here?
    For me it's not about being loyal or disloyal but rather the right mixture. I too would vote for Haley for president, if it any other year. Condi would get my vote too. Quite a few on my list of women that would be fantastic leaders of our country!

I just think right now the mixture has already been made and it's successful. If Haley were vice, I have no doubt she would do a good job. And hell, maybe had she been his pair in 2016 we would have her as vice right now. Or if she runs in 2024, I'll stand behind her... I think the only 2 I can think of for sure that I would vote for besides her, would definitely be Condi and Fred Thompson had he still been alive. If she were to run against Pence, I think I would choose Haley over him.

So to me it's not about anything other than the winning mixture being there and I don't like fixing things that aren't broken. As if it would be a valid comparison, I also never try to fix and supposed computer issues if there are no current problems being experienced. I know, different worlds, but I'm usually in another one anyway.

I actually DO like the idea though. It's just the timing. I think they would make an excellent pair, and kinda already do when they work with one another. SHE has been loyal to this administration, and got it in return.

17. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    For me it's not about being loyal or disloyal but rather the right mixture. I too would vote for Haley for president, if it any other year. Condi would get my vote too. Quite a few on my list of women that would be fantastic leaders of our country!

I just think right now the mixture has already been made and it's successful. If Haley were vice, I have no doubt she would do a good job. And hell, maybe had she been his pair in 2016 we would have her as vice right now. Or if she runs in 2024, I'll stand behind her... I think the only 2 I can think of for sure that I would vote for besides her, would definitely be Condi and Fred Thompson had he still been alive. If she were to run against Pence, I think I would choose Haley over him.

So to me it's not about anything other than the winning mixture being there and I don't like fixing things that aren't broken. As if it would be a valid comparison, I also never try to fix and supposed computer issues if there are no current problems being experienced. I know, different worlds, but I'm usually in another one anyway.

I actually DO like the idea though. It's just the timing. I think they would make an excellent pair, and kinda already do when they work with one another. SHE has been loyal to this administration, and got it in return.

I just don't think you dump a VP who let's face it brought in the evangelical vote in 2016 when the "grab em by the pussy" tape was scaring folks off, and hasn't done anything wrong since. It's not like Pence has been out there blowing up Trump's agenda or something.

19. Likes jimnyc liked this post