Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I just don't think you dump a VP who let's face it brought in the evangelical vote in 2016 when the "grab em by the pussy" tape was scaring folks off, and hasn't done anything wrong since. It's not like Pence has been out there blowing up Trump's agenda or something.
    That was my thinking too. Like I said too, I just don't think Haley would bring most of the 'college educated Republican women' to vote for Trump. Indeed, if she went along with helping to get rid of Pence, it might well cost her more of those votes in her own election bid for President down the line.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    That was my thinking too. Like I said too, I just don't think Haley would bring most of the 'college educated Republican women' to vote for Trump. Indeed, if she went along with helping to get rid of Pence, it might well cost her more of those votes in her own election bid for President down the line.
    I don't think anyone who had the audacity to work for Trump has much of a future in DC. The swamp will make sure of that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

IMO...

Should Trump win re-election, I am of the opinion that their best chance to continue holding the White House in 2024 is Nikki Haley. I don't see Pence as electable, among other things he seems to have the personality of wet sand... Now, whether or not Haley were to run as an ex-VP or wins the nomination in the primaries... who knows.
    Last edited by hjmick; 06-24-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    IMO...

Should Trump win re-election, I am of the opinion that their best chance to continue holding the White House in 2024 is Nikki Haley. I don't see Pence as electable, among other things he seems to have the personality of wet sand... Now, whether Haley runs as an ex-VP or wins the nomination in the primaries... who knows.
    I agree about 2024. I don't think though it would happen if she ran as Trump's VP.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Sounds to me like an Affirmative Action quota. Female: check Degree: check. RINO: check.

I would like to see an American person qualified for the job get it. THAT would REALLY be novel. And by qualified I don't mean has checks in all the PC boxes. I mean can actually do the job and has some sort of a track record.

I would vote for Haley with no other choice simply for meeting the qualifier "not a Democrat". Kinda how it goes but it shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Gunny; 06-25-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sounds to me like an Affirmative Action quota. Female: check Degree: check. RINO: check.

I would like to see an American person qualified for the job get it. THAT would REALLY be novel.

That would disqualify every Democrat in DC and most of the GOP as well.

Sounds like a good idea.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    That would disqualify every Democrat in DC and most of the GOP as well.

Sounds like a good idea.
    I'm all for that. IMO, she just another Republican't and what's between her legs isn't my concern. I don't consider it a qualifier nor disqualifier. N/A is more like it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Yeah. I get few are likely interested in this discussion, outside of those advising Trump to maybe do something this dumb. I don't think Haley would say yes, well there's all that:

https://thebulwark.com/the-haley-tru...on-is-pitiful/

The Haley-Trump Trial Balloon Is Pitiful

Stop trying to make Haley-Trump happen.
    by A.B. STODDARD
    JUNE 25, 2019 4:06 AM

What part of the Trump-dumps-Pence-for-Haley next year in a Haley Mary pass is the most laughable? That it would smack of desperation? Or that it would be designed to bring voters repelled by Trump—like moderate and suburban women—back into the fold?

Rumors have swirled for weeks, and Sunday night the Wall Street Journal published an oped by Andy Stein, who said he “founded the Democrats for Trump movement in 2016,” making the case that to win reelection Trump should fire his vice president and replace him on the ticket with former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley. There’s no doubt there are numerous fingerprints, and winks, and nods on this greasy balloon, including from Team Trump. But that doesn’t make it any less ham-handed.

It all sounds plausible since Trump has always publicly equivocated about Pence. In a Meet the Press interview that aired the same day that the oped ran, Trump said that he was 100 percent sure Pence would be his running mate. Yet in another recent interview he declined to endorse Pence for the presidency in 2024. Last week rally goers were waving signs behind Trump at his campaign kick-off in Orlando where Pence had appeared on stage with him, Mrs. Pence in tow, that read “Trump 2020.” Pence’s name was notably absent.

The one point Stein makes that we can all agree with is Pence is obviously no longer needed to make the sale with evangelical voters. Evangelicals have now seen Trump faced with sexual assault and rape allegations, adultery, compulsive lying, felony hush money payments, government-funded child abuse at detention centers on the border—you name it. And yet, they’re his biggest base of support. (After the white nationalists, of course.)

So no, Trump doesn’t need Pence to bring his religious base home. But would adding Nikki Haley to the ticket really win over college-educated white women who have been repelled by his sexual assault and rape allegations, adultery, compulsive lying, felony hush money payments, government-funded child abuse at detention centers on the border?

That’s a . . . big ask. Suburban women fueled the historic turnout in the midterms, choosing Democrats by a 20-point margin. It seems just as likely that they’d find such an overt pander to be even more repellent.

Those were my points, though I don't expect his supporters to agree with the rhetoric, I just don't see what he'd gain if he do such a thing. He'd likely lost some votes to those who felt he was disloyal to Pence, or not.

He wouldn't gain the women who didn't vote last time for him, they'd just think worse of Haley is she pandered. Which she HASN'T previously, even in the UN. So, she only has future to lose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yeah. I get few are likely interested in this discussion, outside of those advising Trump to maybe do something this dumb. I don't think Haley would say yes, well there's all that:

https://thebulwark.com/the-haley-tru...on-is-pitiful/

Those were my points, though I don't expect his supporters to agree with the rhetoric, I just don't see what he'd gain if he do such a thing. He'd likely lost some votes to those who felt he was disloyal to Pence, or not.

He wouldn't gain the women who didn't vote last time for him, they'd just think worse of Haley is she pandered. Which she HASN'T previously, even in the UN. So, she only has future to lose.
    Where to start?

The whole idea is some WSJ hack's imagination? And look what it has ballooned into (speaking of balloons).

First, I think regardless Trump's running mate, the Dems are going to cheat him out of the election one way or the other. Vote recounts, lawsuits filed, nt to mention the obvious illegal voting. So, I don't think it's going to matter.

I like that they're sticking to their unproven allegations as "left-truths" even though they are unproven or disproven. Believers are gonna believe and haters are gonna hate.

I am hardly Trump's biggest fan. I just give him his due. i'm definitely not Haley's fan and not planning on it. I'm also not a fan of voting for a woman just because she's a woman anymore than I am voting for a black because they're black. Or a man because he's a man.

I'll agree on one point though. I don't see that attaching herself to Trump is going to do any favors for Haley, nor help her down the road if she decides to pursue public office further.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Where to start?

The whole idea is some WSJ hack's imagination? And look what it has ballooned into (speaking of balloons).

First, I think regardless Trump's running mate, the Dems are going to cheat him out of the election one way or the other. Vote recounts, lawsuits filed, nt to mention the obvious illegal voting. So, I don't think it's going to matter.

I like that they're sticking to their unproven allegations as "left-truths" even though they are unproven or disproven. Believers are gonna believe and haters are gonna hate.

I am hardly Trump's biggest fan. I just give him his due. i'm definitely not Haley's fan and not planning on it. I'm also not a fan of voting for a woman just because she's a woman anymore than I am voting for a black because they're black. Or a man because he's a man.

I'll agree on one point though. I don't see that attaching herself to Trump is going to do any favors for Haley, nor help her down the road if she decides to pursue public office further.

I don't think that as things stand at the present, Trump should be so very worried. Just like Nixon shouldn't have been so concerned in '72. Alas.

I give Trump his due, have since the beginning. I don't shower kudos upon him, just can't, his fans and he himself are more than conspicuous in doing so.

I think that the balloon was just that, as the article states the rumors have been around for weeks. His friends, including WSJ editor just got around to launching. I'm pretty sure it is a no go.

With just about every Democrat capable of getting to a mic, they are running. The odds of trouble emerging from that pack of now 24 are pretty good. Look at the GOP in 2016, and that was with some brain power behind it. Total meltdown. Likelihood of these 24 doing better? Not high.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I don't think that as things stand at the present, Trump should be so very worried. Just like Nixon shouldn't have been so concerned in '72. Alas.

I give Trump his due, have since the beginning. I don't shower kudos upon him, just can't, his fans and he himself are more than conspicuous in doing so.

I think that the balloon was just that, as the article states the rumors have been around for weeks. His friends, including WSJ editor just got around to launching. I'm pretty sure it is a no go.

With just about every Democrat capable of getting to a mic, they are running. The odds of trouble emerging from that pack of now 24 are pretty good. Look at the GOP in 2016, and that was with some brain power behind it. Total meltdown. Likelihood of these 24 doing better? Not high.
    They still at 35? Or have some more candidates appeared?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

They still at 35? Or have some more candidates appeared?
    If they are at 35 they picked up 11 since early morning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I agree that Nikki Haley would be a good running-mate for Trump if Mike Pence had health problems and couldn't do it anymore. But it would be a terrible idea to dump Mike Pence for any other reason. He has been loyal and a fine VP, and I don't think anyone other that anti-Christians has any problem with him.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

17. Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

If something happens to Trump maybe Pence will pick Haley as his VP.

I like Haley and would love to see a Haley/Gowdy ticket in 2024.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

19. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Is there a precedent for dumping a VP who has not done anything wrong? If not, this is a bad idea. Maybe it’s a bad idea either way.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey