Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Snopes is full of shit

And like I said many times - The owner is a known liberal hack, and was also charged with fraud & putting prostitutes on his expenses.

But this one is too funny not to share.

The latest pictures of Ocasio-Cortez that came out. They were from last year when she ATTEMPTED to visit an immigration center. They couldn't even get there as it's road leading to it is locked off.

You would NEVER know that from the pictures, of her crying, emotional and even bent over in emotions from "seeing" a fence and police officers.

But there is NO DOUBT that they were being portrayed as actually seeing them and responding with her fakeness. Not only the fakeness in her body and face, but they clearly went out of their ways to take them so that you couldn't see what she was even looking at.

But Snopes has the story as false - and then goes on to more or less prove it anyway - only with nothing but excuses.

---

Does an Image Show Ocasio-Cortez Fake-Crying at a Migrant Camp?

A "newly uncovered" photograph reveals Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was crying over an empty parking lot, not detained migrant children, at a protest in Texas.

On the one-year anniversary of a large protest against the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy that separated migrant children from their parents, photojournalist Ivan Pierre Aguirre posted photographs he took during the June 24, 2018, event in Tornillo, Texas.

One picture captured then-U.S. House of Representatives candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez having an emotional reaction while looking through a fence toward a detention facility housing children. Conspiracy trolls latched on to that image, claiming without evidence that the series of photographs from which is was taken were staged:

Given that the detention of immigrant children has become a major point of national controversy, and that the obsession with Ocasio-Cortez among right-leaning media outlets has been fairly constant since her surprise election to represent New York’s 14th district in 2018, it’s perhaps no surprise that dissecting the pictures for signs of alleged malfeasance became a new internet pastime.

“The pictures were ridiculed particularly as there was no sight of actual migrant children during the protest,” Fox News reported.

That’s no surprise, Aguirre told us. The roadway leading to the encampment was closed off to news media and protesters. “Obviously,” he said, “there weren’t kids two feet away.”

Fox News also quoted a social media user voicing another critique, writing: “Excuse me while I take the time to put on bright red lipstick, a pristine white outfit and a Movado watch before I go see little kids locked up in the desert.”

Aguirre said the group Ocasio-Cortez accompanied to Tornillo wore white as part of their protest. The rest of the criticism, he averred, seemed much ado about nothing. “You can’t wear lipstick and be at a protest?” Aguirre said. “Her watch — OK she has a new watch. People are just criticizing everything.”

But the claim that got the most attention, pushed by viral conspiracy and junk news websites, made unfounded accusations that the photographs of Ocasio-Cortez were fake and that she was actually crying over an empty parking lot. Russian state media outlet RT and ZeroHedge were among junk news sites taking a cue from Alex Jones’ InfoWars network in that regard. The latter posted an unfounded story on June 24, 2019, that posited the “empty parking lot” conspiracy theory.

“The photos show an emotional AOC holding her face and appearing to cry. Her attention appears to be directed towards whatever is on the other side of the fence,” InfoWars reported. “However, a photo from a different angle shows there is nothing there aside from an empty parking lot and some police officers.”

The conspiracy theory was a low-effort jab that required viewers not ask what lay just beyond the camera lens or seek out additional, readily available information about the event. Police weren’t guarding an empty parking lot, and the photographs weren’t newly uncovered.

The photographs touted by InfoWars were in fact those shot by Aguirre, who posted them on his Twitter account one year prior to InfoWars’ “newly uncovering” them.

The so-called empty parking lot was in fact a roadway leading towards the Tornillo Border Patrol station, where thousands of migrant children were housed in a tent city.

“It wasn’t an empty parking lot; it’s an entrance and we [media and protesters] weren’t allowed to go past that,” Aguirre told us.

He sent us another photograph in which the roadway and the fence blocking access to the migrant camp could be seen:

Rest - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ao...y-parking-lot/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks icansayit, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

She is such a fake!

How anyone can follow her is beyond my comprehension.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post