Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default How The American Revolution Is Taught In Europe

Came across this while doing some planning. Interesting that for the most part, it's NOT taught.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskEurope/c...term=control_2

The there's how some Japanese schools address or don't, Pearl Harbor:

https://www.ranker.com/list/how-pear...medium=p_share

I get that European history is long and complex-then again, we do teach a bit through Renaissance, Reformation, the World Wars, and why so many came to US.

Japan? Again I see a bit of reasoning. The issues with Japan at the very least go back to the 1800's, Meiji Restoration. Then there were the issues of oil and steel in the 1930's. Sooo, while nothing justifies the sneak attack, the problems were not without some provocation.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Likes CSM, NightTrain liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

English schools don’t teach about Northern Irish history at all, given I’ve had to explain to idk how many English people that Northern Ireland is a country, and that is something that has a real, direct, and current impact on England, I’m not surprised that the American revolution is given little to no story time.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

4. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    English schools don’t teach about Northern Irish history at all, given I’ve had to explain to idk how many English people that Northern Ireland is a country, and that is something that has a real, direct, and current impact on England, I’m not surprised that the American revolution is given little to no story time.
    Likewise here about both English history that isn't directly connected to US History and the only mention of Ireland has to do with the famine and the influx of Irish in the 19th C.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill