Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Cast came off this morning!

So, couldn't wait to get there, it was like Christmas morning when I was a kid!

First a young girl came in with the cutter and sliced it on both sides, then a scissor through the cloth underneath on both sides and then relief!! The air hitting my arm felt SSSSSOoooooooo good!

First thing the young girl said, who is NOT a doctor - "Hmmmm, sure is swelled up a lot". I asked if that is normal after getting the cast off and she said no, it's usually mostly healed by now and all swelling gone.

So, now sent downstairs for more dang xrays. And the arm pretty much hurt the whole time in the cast, and of course xrays hurt as they twist ya like 5 times to get various angles.

Back upstairs and wait, and then see the doc's assistant. Turns out he is out today and not back til Monday.

She then asks me what happened? Did I fall again or similar? I told her no of course, as I didn't fall again. She states the break is actually worse than before! AND now there is an additional break in there and she showed it to me.

So now I have to wait to let the Doc see them on Monday and decide course of action and they call me. One option is of course surgery and screws are likely - and/or and also including right now....

ARRRRRRTRBGGGGGGGJHHHHHHHHCHH@! Damn 2nd cast on my arm. I hate myself right now.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

First a young girl came in with the cutter and sliced it on both sides, then a scissor through the cloth underneath on both sides and then relief!! The air hitting my arm felt SSSSSOoooooooo good!

First thing the young girl said, who is NOT a doctor - "Hmmmm, sure is swelled up a lot". I asked if that is normal after getting the cast off and she said no, it's usually mostly healed by now and all swelling gone.

So, now sent downstairs for more dang xrays. And the arm pretty much hurt the whole time in the cast, and of course xrays hurt as they twist ya like 5 times to get various angles.

Back upstairs and wait, and then see the doc's assistant. Turns out he is out today and not back til Monday.

She then asks me what happened? Did I fall again or similar? I told her no of course, as I didn't fall again. She states the break is actually worse than before! AND now there is an additional break in there and she showed it to me.

So now I have to wait to let the Doc see them on Monday and decide course of action and they call me. One option is of course surgery and screws are likely - and/or and also including right now....

ARRRRRRTRBGGGGGGGJHHHHHHHHCHH@! Damn 2nd cast on my arm. I hate myself right now.

Geez, Jim. Bet Mrs. Jim is feeling bad about calling you a wimp now. I know I'm sorry about the, wuss. Should have called the doc. Good Lord! You were right! Hope that makes you feel better?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

That sucks. I had a broken hand that was not casted correctly. The edge of it cut down damn near to the bone on
    my pinky knuckle. That finger is forever bent. Only option was to re-break it, which I passed on. Screw that!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    That sucks. I had a broken hand that was not casted correctly. The edge of it cut down damn near to the bone on
    my pinky knuckle. That finger is forever bent. Only option was to re-break it, which I passed on. Screw that!
    The last one and now this one, dig into my thumb and would likely eat through it over time! I stuffed cotton under and around last one and taped up a little. This time, the woman gave me "mole skin" tape to wrap around it or over rough edges if it starts to irritate. Should have given me that crap last time. And yup, she says it's real and actually mole skin!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Geez, Jim. Bet Mrs. Jim is feeling bad about calling you a wimp now. I know I'm sorry about the, wuss. Should have called the doc. Good Lord! You were right! Hope that makes you feel better?
    Yeah, at least everyone now knows I wasn't all exaggerating. It hurt a lot, and 50% told me it was normal, including the Doc! But it's broken and never healed/closed for whatever reason.

The other 50%, some of them did tell me to call, but I didn't as a result of the other 50, and assuming it was my low threshold for pain, of which I admit I'm a wuss about!! Wifey is MUCH tougher than me when it comes to dealing with pain and ailments. She NEVER complains, and I have complaints weekly!

But the pain is horrible - but wearing this thing is exhausting. So hard to shower, just wash hands, get dressed, get a coffee ... everything. Been wearing sweats for a month and slippers everywhere I go (and couldn't care less!). Can only help and/or get things done so much. Wifey VERY helpful and understanding though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You putz. Stop jacking off until it heals. Geez

Seriously, my first thought was the cast was too tight to make it swell. I had one on from toe to crotch for 8 weeks. About every 10 days I would have an "accident" in which the cast would be broken to the point of replacement required just so I could wash and scratch all that wonderful-smelling, yellow skin off Just a thought
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You putz. Stop jacking off until it heals. Geez

Seriously, my first thought was the cast was too tight to make it swell. I had one on from toe to crotch for 8 weeks. About every 10 days I would have an "accident" in which the cast would be broken to the point of replacement required just so I could wash and scratch all that wonderful-smelling, yellow skin off Just a thought
    Hey, I'm a righty in more ways than one, ya dirty bastard! "That" hand is just fine.

I don't think too tight as I was able to move it in every direction (the cast, not arm) with a little breathing room. Plus they cut it too. All that just in case it swells and allows a little wiggle room for it to grow if need be.

This time it's MUCH tighter and gonna be hard to get itches with my various scratching tools I used or invented. The plan is just til Monday. I'd rather surgery at this point so that I don't have to do another 4-6 weeks of this crap, but that's a tad more expensive than a cast! So I guess I'll find out on Monday. And if he says surgery, schedule ASAP so that this thing won't be on me forever. But then again, what the hell would they wrap around it after surgery with screws in there?

I dunno. Gonna be gentle for sure this time, but not like I hit it with hammers last time either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Hey, I'm a righty in more ways than one, ya dirty bastard! "That" hand is just fine.

I don't think too tight as I was able to move it in every direction (the cast, not arm) with a little breathing room. Plus they cut it too. All that just in case it swells and allows a little wiggle room for it to grow if need be.

This time it's MUCH tighter and gonna be hard to get itches with my various scratching tools I used or invented. The plan is just til Monday. I'd rather surgery at this point so that I don't have to do another 4-6 weeks of this crap, but that's a tad more expensive than a cast! So I guess I'll find out on Monday. And if he says surgery, schedule ASAP so that this thing won't be on me forever. But then again, what the hell would they wrap around it after surgery with screws in there?

I dunno. Gonna be gentle for sure this time, but not like I hit it with hammers last time either.
    Be careful with those scratching tools. A coathanger was the tool of choice back in the day. If you scratch yourself inside that cast and it gets infected and festers until you get around to noticing it's not okay you're going to be in a world of hurt.

I just sucked the itching up. And yes it's hard. Like not smoking. But I wasn't chancing tearing my skin.

I can't imagine you re-broke it and didn't know it. If my cast just accidentally hit the floor I KNEW it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Sorry, Jim. That stinks.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Hope you get to feeling better soon! I am starting to feel bad since I gave you that wily pup....good news she was the calm one!
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams