Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
Just got back from new doc, and am I glad I went to them. He specializes in this issue and I was lucky enough to get in today. It's a much nicer facility - and the Doctor actually sat with me for awhile, explained things to me and answered all the questions I had.

The good news is that they took the cast off and left it off, and let me leave with a small brace on my arm.

The bad news is that is until Monday when I go in for surgery.

He asked me if anyone showed me the xrays, of which they did, but not every last one. He showed me the one of my arm sideways, where they showed me my arm flat on the table.

Well, in the sideways shot, you can easily see that the radius bone and the bones in the hand above were not lined up. He used some tools and put a pointer on the bottom left of my wrist and then to the upper right above the injury. He said if correct, this should read 100, meaning it's fully aligned. Mine read .72, meaning it's a good amount off where it needs to be. It needs to now be reset back to that position, and then a small plate and a couple of screws to hold it in place.

He confirmed - he stated I can start PT in 2 weeks after surgery as it heals much faster, and that in the long term there is less chance of ongoing issues. He said if I was 75 and up, maybe no surgery, but at my age, if I want my range of motion back, and pain free as possible, the surgery should get done.

He needed not tell me anymore once proof of it being out of alignment. Do the damn thing and get it over with, and then 6 months to a year getting her back into shape. Better than what the alternative may have been if I left it off like that.

Good that it gets fixed, correctly. Why wasn't it in the first place? Seems like if it was cause of the way it was done, the right way should be paid for by the other doc's insurance?