Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default What Is The Point Of Announcing ICE Raids?

https://abc30.com/politics/ice-raids...says-/5388538/

SAN FRANCISCO -- ICE raids on thousands of undocumented families are set to begin this Sunday in 10 cities, according to the New York Times late Wednesday night.

RELATED: President Trump delays ICE Raids at request of Majority House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

President Donald Trump had originally announced the raids would happen in late June. He then postponed them-- saying it would give Republicans and Democrats time to work out a solution to the problem at the Southern Border.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Only point I see to announcing them would be to make people nervous.

But I think it is a bad idea to make the announcement.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Politics. There's ZERO tactical/strategic advantage to announcing a raid, which is supposed to be a surprise. It's a waste of time trying to use it as a tactic against the left. It's akin to telling your kid "one more last chance" for the billionth time. Threat's only as good as your willingness to follow through. Otherwise? Hot air.

The left WANTS the ICE raids so they can can squeal from the highest mountain top for days/weeks/months, depending on how long it takes for Trump to offend them with something worse.

The only other reason I can think of to announce the raids is to watch which rats scurry to which courts going for another partisan, legal block. Seems to be their only game. I've suspected Trump of doing exactly that more than a time or two.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Politics. There's ZERO tactical/strategic advantage to announcing a raid, which is supposed to be a surprise. It's a waste of time trying to use it as a tactic against the left. It's akin to telling your kid "one more last chance" for the billionth time. Threat's only as good as your willingness to follow through. Otherwise? Hot air.

The left WANTS the ICE raids so they can can squeal from the highest mountain top for days/weeks/months, depending on how long it takes for Trump to offend them with something worse.

The only other reason I can think of to announce the raids is to watch which rats scurry to which courts going for another partisan, legal block. Seems to be their only game. I've suspected Trump of doing exactly that more than a time or two.
    This is one of the many areas where Trump just really pisses me off. It's stupid to announce these raids, and nothing more than an attempt by Trump to play to his political base "look at me boys, I'm going after them illegals" that is the ONLY purpose of announcing thing like this. Trump NEEDS the attaboys at every turn. I'm sick of it.

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Speaking for myself, back in the day when I was with the drug task force I was assigned to as a National Guard member we served no knock warrants and the entire purpose was to actually arrest people with as little danger to law enforcement as possible so no one outside our actual unit knew about raids beforehand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    This is one of the many areas where Trump just really pisses me off. It's stupid to announce these raids, and nothing more than an attempt by Trump to play to his political base "look at me boys, I'm going after them illegals" that is the ONLY purpose of announcing thing like this. Trump NEEDS the attaboys at every turn. I'm sick of it.
    I think that Trump thinks he's "feeling out the enemy". Which I consider kind of a dumb conclusion to come to given his station in life, education level, success, etc. There IS a time and place for that. A "raid" (ambush, surprise - whatever) is in direct opposition to that tactic.

If he's blowing his main tactical advantage for some attaboys, that's wanting attaboys too much, IMO. His constituents can read all about the surprise raid that rounded up a couple hundred/thousand illegals the next day when the MSM commences to wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Even IF he gets blocked legally after the fact, damage is done. One of the first lessons I learned as a Marine is it is a LOT easier to get forgiveness than it is permission. Especially if the law is on your side.

I am FAR more displeased with our "Rent-A-Ruling" judiciary where the President and Commander in Chief of the US can be stalled by lower-echelon politicos.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think that Trump thinks he's "feeling out the enemy". Which I consider kind of a dumb conclusion to come to given his station in life, education level, success, etc. There IS a time and place for that. A "raid" (ambush, surprise - whatever) is in direct opposition to that tactic.

If he's blowing his main tactical advantage for some attaboys, that's wanting attaboys too much, IMO. His constituents can read all about the surprise raid that rounded up a couple hundred/thousand illegals the next day when the MSM commences to wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Even IF he gets blocked legally after the fact, damage is done. One of the first lessons I learned as a Marine is it is a LOT easier to get forgiveness than it is permission. Especially if the law is on your side.

I am FAR more displeased with our "Rent-A-Ruling" judiciary where the President and Commander in Chief of the US can be stalled by lower-echelon politicos.

Same here Gunny, I'd actually like Trump to just say "we don't recognize this court's ability to tell the Executive what they can or can not do. Especially when it's just Trump reversing an Obama policy most of the time anyway.

I'll go further Gunny, when SCOTUS said "we recognize that the President has the authority to add a citizenship question to the census, but he needs to give us a better reason for doing so" I wish Trump had said " I don't have to give you any reason at all, it's within my authority and we WILL be adding the question" fuck SCOTUS, but on the other hand same thing and I asked it at the time, why the hell did Trump announce that they were gonna put the question on the census? Just shut up and do it.

Sometimes Trump is TOO transparent.

12. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post