Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Knowing when to be quiet and smile:

https://hotair.com/headlines/archive...-swing-states/

While it would be obvious, it would be easier for the RNC to win those like me in the future than the DNC, but it seems even more obvious that neither of these organizations will ever get around to attempting to attract those who cannot see the greatness in their most obnoxious offerings.
    I will say one thing though, at least Trump is genuine, yeah that may mean being a genuine asshole at times, but he is who he says he is, that can't be said for a single Democrat who is running for President, they are all phony as fuck.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It's not my cup of tea to defend President Trump's tweets or see him in the saving light that many of you do. I will admit to being fascinated by his behaviors and those of his supporters. He often seems to get things done in ways that baffle me and in the long run I see as bad for the country in how he does these things. This may well be another example of how doing the wrong thing plays well for him. Again, it's all about winning and he does seem to do that, even if it plays to the worst of his supporters:

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2019/0...-infamous.html

July 15, 2019Let's look at Trump's now-infamous question, "Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."
    It is a question, isn't it? There's no question mark. That makes it feel more like an imperative. It reminds me of the saying I remember from the Vietnam Era, "America, love it or leave it."

Here's the entire statement — a tripartite tweet (1, 2, 3):

So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly........and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how.... ....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

That's from 22 hours ago. He got a lot of pushback — including Power Line's "A Blunder of Epic Proportions" — but he didn't walk it back. He's Donald Trump; he doubled down. From 11 hours ago — a 2-part tweet (1, 2):

So sad to see the Democrats sticking up for people who speak so badly of our Country and who, in addition, hate Israel with a true and unbridled passion. Whenever confronted, they call their adversaries, including Nancy Pelosi, “RACIST.” Their disgusting language..... ....and the many terrible things they say about the United States must not be allowed to go unchallenged. If the Democrat Party wants to continue to condone such disgraceful behavior, then we look even more forward to seeing you at the ballot box in 2020!
    1. Who is he talking about? He doesn't name names, so it's an invitation for others to do the defining. I see many people talking about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and expressing outrage that Trump would speak of her as an immigrant when she was born in the United States. But he didn't name her. His words exclude her. She's really got a hold on people's mind!

2. What, exactly, is supposed to be racist here? Clearly, these tweets cause some readers to feel that racism is being expressed, but it's hard to find it in these words. I see "RACIST" but that's in the context of ostensibly sticking up for Nancy Pelosi. Some Democrats are calling her racist, and that shows how unfairly quick they are to see racism. Defending Pelosi, he implicitly defends himself.

3. Is it xenophobia? He's not saying get out and stay out. He's saying don't criticize the United States if you immigrated from a worse country. Go back to that place, fix it, and "The come back and show us... how it is done." He's welcoming the immigrant back, after these steps are taken. Of course, it's unrealistic to expect someone to return to a place they left and become involved in changing that place, but it's a figure of speech. He seems to be saying that those who were not born here, who chose to move here, have a special obligation to express love for America, that they should tone down their criticism of America.

4. If telling these Congresswomen to tone it down is wrong, Nancy Pelosi was wrong too. (See "Tensions Between Pelosi and Progressive Democrats of ‘the Squad’ Burst Into Flame" (NYT).) So, again, Trump lines himself up with Pelosi. How do you defend Pelosi without defending Trump? In this view, it's a clever (and cruel) rhetorical move by Trump.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This is another area where Trump missed the boat. If I were President I would have sent someone to kick the living shit out of AOC whie letting her know that Nancy is in charge, not her. LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I gave up on the circular firing too soon:

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...c-chief-staff/

The Hill: House Dems Still Seething Over AOC Chief Of Staff

ED MORRISSEYPosted at 12:01 pm on July 16, 2019

Maybe the Battle of Wokeback Mountain hasn’t been entirely extinguished yet. According to The Hill, House Democrats want to know why Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez still employs Saikat Chakrabarti as her chief of staff after his public attacks on other House members. “Who’s in charge of that office?” one moderate House Dem told The Hill on background, and used the R-word explicitly:

SEE ALSO: Mark Sanford: I’m seriously considering primarying Trump

“Do I think AOC’s chief of staff needs to be fired? Of course I do,” said a moderate Democratic lawmaker. “Who is in charge in that office? Is she unable to fire him for his racist comments?”

Another Democratic lawmaker added: “My chief would have the honor to resign” if he tweeted those things.

Another senior aide told The Hill that Chakrabarti’s survival after his attacks on elected representatives was “unheard of.” That aide wondered whether Chakrabarti was the actual brains behind Ocasio-Cortez and therefore making all the decisions for her:

The Democratic aide echoed the moderate lawmaker, suggesting that Chakrabarti has not been reprimanded by Ocasio-Cortez because he and his group, Justice Democrats, helped propel the former New York bartender to victory last year and he’s the one pulling the strings in her office.

“I have never seen a staffer insult multiple members multiple times and keep his job. It’s unheard of,” the aide added.

Yowza. Imagine, if you will, the blowback that would come if a Republican said that about a female elected official — that she was just a puppet for a man behind the scenes. The full weight of Woke Feminism Inc. would come crashing down on the GOP and every male Republican in Congress would be asked to condemn those remarks, even if the remark was made by an anonymous aide.

Not all House Dems are taking aim at AOC sotto voce. Her New York colleague Gregory Meeks went on the record to tell Ocasio-Cortez to do her job and fire Chakrabarti:

That’s just a terrible statement to make. That’s a terrible statement to make,” Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.), a Congressional Black Caucus member, said of Chakrabarti’s segregationists tweets. “Somebody’s got to be held accountable. If my staff did something that was not right, then I have to handle my staff.”

“The question is: Do you think it’s appropriate for your staff to say something like that?” added Meeks, who in recent days has threatened to back a primary challenger against Ocasio-Cortez.

So the Battle of Wokeback Mountain still rages, because this fight is inevitable, as I wrote in my column at The Week. Donald Trump might have momentarily derailed it, but the race card is the go-to attack for people on the Left. Turning it on themselves was inevitable once any significant power struggle began:

The Times itself had taken up that subject in a Maureen Dowd column published just before Trump’s tweets titled “Scaling Wokeback Mountain.” Dowd was no defender of Trump or beyond playing the r-word herself, calling him a “racist, backward president,” but cut to the heart of making that ad hominem the Democrats’ go-to accusation for critics.

“The progressives act as though anyone who dares disagree with them is bad,” Dowd wrote, citing Chakrabarti in particular. “Not wrong, but bad, guilty of some human failing, some impurity that is a moral evil that justifies their venom.” And far too often, that moral evil is expressed as racism, even when the supposed failing has little or nothing to do with race. “But once you start that ball rolling,” Dowd warned, “it’s hard to stop.”

Democrats may find that prophetic even after Trump’s intervention. Their civil war and the media’s interest in stoking it has stopped it for the moment, but it won’t end the risk for Democrats altogether. The purity campaign waged by progressives will require attacking the Democratic establishment in ways that will have effects on activists and voters in the districts they want to capture. The initial Battle of Wokeback Mountain may have been stalled, but the war is far from over — if Republicans can refrain from providing distractions.

The ball is still rolling on the Left. And it will likely pick up more momentum again after everyone gets their fill of attacking Trump this week, since the hard progressives still want to wrest control of the party away from the slightly-less-hard progressives led by Nancy Pelosi.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Wokeback Mountain LOL that's hilarious.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

"IF Republicans can refrain from providing distractions." Anybody send the memo to the President?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "IF Republicans can refrain from providing distractions." Anybody send the memo to the President?
    Why bother, Trump is gonna do whatever Trump wants to do, no matter whether that hurts him politically or not. Now , if he just kept that attitude in terms of policies, that would be great and admirable. I think we all would like politicians who said " I don't care if this hurt me politically it's the right thing to do" but his god damned tweets, and stupid need to comment on EVERYTHING are maddening. He truly can't control himself.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Why bother, Trump is gonna do whatever Trump wants to do, no matter whether that hurts him politically or not. Now , if he just kept that attitude in terms of policies, that would be great and admirable. I think we all would like politicians who said " I don't care if this hurt me politically it's the right thing to do" but his god damned tweets, and stupid need to comment on EVERYTHING are maddening. He truly can't control himself.
    Can't disagree with that. IMO, he negates some of the brilliance behind whipping the left's ass on social media in 16 with is lack of filtration.

But yeah, it's what he's going to do.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Can't disagree with that. IMO, he negates some of the brilliance behind whipping the left's ass on social media in 16 with is lack of filtration.

But yeah, it's what he's going to do.
    Part of that is , when do you suppose was the last time someone told Trump he couldn't do something? Probably when he was in boarding school.