Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default UN Working To Form Constitutional Committee To Rebuild Syria After ISIS

Anything that doesn't say "Assad is President for Life" won't be okay with Assad and Russia. Why is the UN involved suddenly anyway? Oh yeah. The fighting is over
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Anything that doesn't say "Assad is President for Life" won't be okay with Assad and Russia. Why is the UN involved suddenly anyway? Oh yeah. The fighting is over
    Where has the UN been the past 10 years?

Sitting on the sideline and waiting for the USA to act, which did
    not happen with Obama and his famous "Line in the Sand" declarations.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I've always thought we should drop out of the UN. Talk about not getting a return on our investment
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks STTAB, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I've always thought we should drop out of the UN. Talk about not getting a return on our investment
    The UN makes the US Congress look useful. I mean thats saying something right there.

8. Thanks Bilgerat, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    The UN makes the US Congress look useful. I mean thats saying something right there.
    The UN just likes to spend US money use US military assets. I see no point to its existence as far as any benefit to the US, or the World for that matter.

So, they take US military personnel and stick pussy blue helmets on them, put them on US ships on Humanitarian Assists around the World to hand out US supplies and call it a "UN mission"

10. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The UN just likes to spend US money use US military assets. I see no point to its existence as far as any benefit to the US, or the World for that matter.

So, they take US military personnel and stick pussy blue helmets on them, put them on US ships on Humanitarian Assists around the World to hand out US supplies and call it a "UN mission"
    Those helmets always bugged me. Keep the branches' uniform headgear and wear a damn patch!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Those helmets always bugged me. Keep the branches' uniform headgear and wear a damn patch!
    I am completely against being farmed out to the UN. I did NOT sign a contract agreeing to be merc'd to the highest bidder. I was in fact prepared to refuse to go if we'd gotten stuck going to Bosnia.

My contract says "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic". I DON'T see "and other countries that don't matter a damn to the aforementioned" in the language.

I know of one Marine Captain that did in fact get court-martialed for refusing to go based on the same justification as I have given. To each his own. THAT was going to be my line in the sand had it happened (there was a chance). Having a French commander just sounds SO wrong to a Marine grunt

14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I am completely against being farmed out to the UN. I did NOT sign a contract agreeing to be merc'd to the highest bidder. I was in fact prepared to refuse to go if we'd gotten stuck going to Bosnia.

My contract says "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic". I DON'T see "and other countries that don't matter a damn to the aforementioned" in the language.

I know of one Marine Captain that did in fact get court-martialed for refusing to go based on the same justification as I have given. To each his own. THAT was going to be my line in the sand had it happened (there was a chance). Having a French commander just sounds SO wrong to a Marine grunt

I've nothing against joint defense compacts. When I went to Iraq the first time around we had British, French, German, and many other countries who had soldiers who were technically if not actually under US Command, and in fact that's they way it worked in WWII as well, Eisenhower was Allied Supreme Commander, meaning every other countries military answered to him, not just our soldiers.

What I mind is that the UN is completely feckless and the crap rises to the top and they purposely avoid the US having any role in command. Any thinking person might say the country that hosts the UN , funds the majority of the UN , and provides the bulk of the military might of the UN might need to play a significant role in the leadership of the UN, and yet no American has ever been the President of the UN nor the military commander of the UN. Quite the opposite in fact the leadership of the UN literally spits on us at every oppurtunity.

16. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I've nothing against joint defense compacts. When I went to Iraq the first time around we had British, French, German, and many other countries who had soldiers who were technically if not actually under US Command, and in fact that's they way it worked in WWII as well, Eisenhower was Allied Supreme Commander, meaning every other countries military answered to him, not just our soldiers.

What I mind is that the UN is completely feckless and the crap rises to the top and they purposely avoid the US having any role in command. Any thinking person might say the country that hosts the UN , funds the majority of the UN , and provides the bulk of the military might of the UN might need to play a significant role in the leadership of the UN, and yet no American has ever been the President of the UN nor the military commander of the UN. Quite the opposite in fact the leadership of the UN literally spits on us at every oppurtunity.
    I don't know that I ever really cared about being on joint exercises one way or the other. Been around the ROK Marines and Royal Marines a time or two.

My issue at the time was this. Bosnia WHO? This is threatening the US HOW? Reagan was a warmonger. GHWB was a warmonger. But not Bill. Does he even get (dis)credit for involving us in that? Never hear about it.

Your synopsis of the UN though is MY answer as to why the FU to them. I also happened to agree with the Captain. He, and we, didn't sign up to be farmed out as mercs. I served the United States. Not some global bureaucratic FUBAR nutroll that couldn't make a decision in a month much less a minute.