Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,510
    Thanks (Given)
    20522
    Thanks (Received)
    19178
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    3833
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475349

    Default UN Working To Form Constitutional Committee To Rebuild Syria After ISIS



    Anything that doesn't say "Assad is President for Life" won't be okay with Assad and Russia. Why is the UN involved suddenly anyway? Oh yeah. The fighting is over
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  2. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    9,585
    Thanks (Given)
    8103
    Thanks (Received)
    7924
    Likes (Given)
    1479
    Likes (Received)
    1558
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19808621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post


    Anything that doesn't say "Assad is President for Life" won't be okay with Assad and Russia. Why is the UN involved suddenly anyway? Oh yeah. The fighting is over
    Where has the UN been the past 10 years?

    Sitting on the sideline and waiting for the USA to act, which did
    not happen with Obama and his famous "Line in the Sand" declarations.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  4. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,510
    Thanks (Given)
    20522
    Thanks (Received)
    19178
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    3833
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475349

    Default

    I've always thought we should drop out of the UN. Talk about not getting a return on our investment
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  6. Thanks STTAB, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Bilgerat liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,923
    Thanks (Given)
    725
    Thanks (Received)
    816
    Likes (Given)
    41
    Likes (Received)
    558
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4675104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've always thought we should drop out of the UN. Talk about not getting a return on our investment
    The UN makes the US Congress look useful. I mean thats saying something right there.

  8. Thanks Bilgerat, Gunny thanked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,510
    Thanks (Given)
    20522
    Thanks (Received)
    19178
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    3833
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    The UN makes the US Congress look useful. I mean thats saying something right there.
    The UN just likes to spend US money use US military assets. I see no point to its existence as far as any benefit to the US, or the World for that matter.

    So, they take US military personnel and stick pussy blue helmets on them, put them on US ships on Humanitarian Assists around the World to hand out US supplies and call it a "UN mission"
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  10. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
  11. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    9,585
    Thanks (Given)
    8103
    Thanks (Received)
    7924
    Likes (Given)
    1479
    Likes (Received)
    1558
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19808621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The UN just likes to spend US money use US military assets. I see no point to its existence as far as any benefit to the US, or the World for that matter.

    So, they take US military personnel and stick pussy blue helmets on them, put them on US ships on Humanitarian Assists around the World to hand out US supplies and call it a "UN mission"
    Those helmets always bugged me. Keep the branches' uniform headgear and wear a damn patch!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,510
    Thanks (Given)
    20522
    Thanks (Received)
    19178
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    3833
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Those helmets always bugged me. Keep the branches' uniform headgear and wear a damn patch!
    I am completely against being farmed out to the UN. I did NOT sign a contract agreeing to be merc'd to the highest bidder. I was in fact prepared to refuse to go if we'd gotten stuck going to Bosnia.

    My contract says "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic". I DON'T see "and other countries that don't matter a damn to the aforementioned" in the language.

    I know of one Marine Captain that did in fact get court-martialed for refusing to go based on the same justification as I have given. To each his own. THAT was going to be my line in the sand had it happened (there was a chance). Having a French commander just sounds SO wrong to a Marine grunt
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
  15. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,923
    Thanks (Given)
    725
    Thanks (Received)
    816
    Likes (Given)
    41
    Likes (Received)
    558
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4675104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I am completely against being farmed out to the UN. I did NOT sign a contract agreeing to be merc'd to the highest bidder. I was in fact prepared to refuse to go if we'd gotten stuck going to Bosnia.

    My contract says "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic". I DON'T see "and other countries that don't matter a damn to the aforementioned" in the language.

    I know of one Marine Captain that did in fact get court-martialed for refusing to go based on the same justification as I have given. To each his own. THAT was going to be my line in the sand had it happened (there was a chance). Having a French commander just sounds SO wrong to a Marine grunt

    I've nothing against joint defense compacts. When I went to Iraq the first time around we had British, French, German, and many other countries who had soldiers who were technically if not actually under US Command, and in fact that's they way it worked in WWII as well, Eisenhower was Allied Supreme Commander, meaning every other countries military answered to him, not just our soldiers.

    What I mind is that the UN is completely feckless and the crap rises to the top and they purposely avoid the US having any role in command. Any thinking person might say the country that hosts the UN , funds the majority of the UN , and provides the bulk of the military might of the UN might need to play a significant role in the leadership of the UN, and yet no American has ever been the President of the UN nor the military commander of the UN. Quite the opposite in fact the leadership of the UN literally spits on us at every oppurtunity.

  16. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
  17. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,510
    Thanks (Given)
    20522
    Thanks (Received)
    19178
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    3833
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I've nothing against joint defense compacts. When I went to Iraq the first time around we had British, French, German, and many other countries who had soldiers who were technically if not actually under US Command, and in fact that's they way it worked in WWII as well, Eisenhower was Allied Supreme Commander, meaning every other countries military answered to him, not just our soldiers.

    What I mind is that the UN is completely feckless and the crap rises to the top and they purposely avoid the US having any role in command. Any thinking person might say the country that hosts the UN , funds the majority of the UN , and provides the bulk of the military might of the UN might need to play a significant role in the leadership of the UN, and yet no American has ever been the President of the UN nor the military commander of the UN. Quite the opposite in fact the leadership of the UN literally spits on us at every oppurtunity.
    I don't know that I ever really cared about being on joint exercises one way or the other. Been around the ROK Marines and Royal Marines a time or two.

    My issue at the time was this. Bosnia WHO? This is threatening the US HOW? Reagan was a warmonger. GHWB was a warmonger. But not Bill. Does he even get (dis)credit for involving us in that? Never hear about it.

    Your synopsis of the UN though is MY answer as to why the FU to them. I also happened to agree with the Captain. He, and we, didn't sign up to be farmed out as mercs. I served the United States. Not some global bureaucratic FUBAR nutroll that couldn't make a decision in a month much less a minute.
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •