Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Stanford launches investigation after noose found on campus

Guaranteed that this supposed investigation will disappear over time or if it is in fact legitimately investigated my guess is you will find out that this was more or less a fake, aka designed to get folks riled up, looking for sympathy or simply more ammo to blame the right. Mark those words.

And over an hour to respond and they get upset. I guess the idiots thought maybe it would fall off and come after them.

This may be upsetting, but not an emergency.

---
    Stanford launches investigation after noose found on campus: 'I was just distraught'

Stanford University is conducting an investigation after a noose was found tied to a tall bush near a campus residence, in which a group of mostly minority high school students is staying for a summer program.

According to deputies from the university's department of public safety, the three-foot-long white rope was found on the night of July 12. Cheron Perkins, a medical student from New Orleans who is working as an adviser to the students in the program, took a photo of the noose and shared the image on Twitter. She says it took Stanford police "over an hour" to respond, and that a 911 operator told her it wasn't "an emergency."

"My immediate thought was nothing but fear because I'd never seen a noose," Perkins told NBC Bay Area. "I was just distraught."

She believes that the noose, which the university said, "has no place on our campus," was a message for the minority students she is advising.

Perkins and her colleagues feel as if the issue has been "swept under the rug."

"I was terrified for my life," a program assistant, who wished not to be identified, also told the station. "I called my mom, and she was ready to put me on a plane back home. You don't know who is hanging around and what their actions might be, and we had the most minorities of all the summer camps."

A statement provided to Yahoo Lifestyle by Stanford University read, in part: "The incident is currently under investigation as a suspicious circumstance, but if additional evidence comes to light, it may be re-classified as a hate crime. While we await further conclusions from the investigation, we feel it is important to state that a noose is recognized as a symbol of violence and racism directed against African American peoples. Such a symbol has no place on our campus. Our community values affirm the dignity of all peoples and call upon us to strive for a just community in which discrimination and hate have no presence."

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stan...004328071.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

There have been too many 'fakes' to take these reports seriously. If the police actually find something, someone will be charged. Non-news to me at this point, I just scan these reports as much as AOC crying.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    There have been too many 'fakes' to take these reports seriously. If the police actually find something, someone will be charged. Non-news to me at this point, I just scan these reports as much as AOC crying.
    Not only that but these people being distraught and fearing for their lives because of a fucking noose are ridiculous pussies, and frankly they should be charged with misuing 911. I mean what if someone had actually died of a heart attack or something because the 911 operator was tied up dealing with these pussies and couldn't respond to an actual emergency call? I'm so sick of this crap.