Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    On this board? No one that I'm aware of.

Quite a few pundits are of course convinced that Trump is going to invade Iran as a distraction from Mueller telling Congress the real truth next week LOL
    That notion is absurd!

What "Real Truth"? More emotional reactions? More butt-hurt idiots that cannot shut the fuck up and learn>?
    They should be emergency strapped into their high chairs and let them pound their spoons on the tray.
    Makes for a lot of amusement!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I heard that earlier. I thought it was a joke

I'm sorry. I'm just laughing. Who but Trump would send Rand Paul to Iran to broker some sort of cease-fire or whatever the Hell they're going to talk about?
    Maybe Dennis Rodman?

Ok, just kidding about Carter and Rodman, but Rand Paul is serious. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-trump-1423779

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...iate-with-iran

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...s-nuclear-deal
    Last edited by Kathianne; 07-19-2019 at 07:34 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Simple answer......no!

Any attempt, by anybody, to attack any of our Navy ships in the Persian Gulf would mean headlines that read:

IRANIAN ships, planes, and other vessels can be seen by tourists from GLASS BOTTOM BOATS in the Persian Gulf. The remnants of all of the leaking oil, and floating bodies will soon be cleared as the SEA SNAKES and SHARKS feast on for weeks.

P.S. I have been there, and seen them myself.

Last edited by icansayit; 07-19-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I am not sure what is your concern?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I am not sure what is your concern?
    I don't have any. No oil tankers. I know the military isn't going to want me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don't have any. No oil tankers. I know the military isn't going to want me.
    I don't know what Trump is the thinking unless he's purposefully sending the biggest opponent on problems with Iran in the GOP. If it all goes to sh*t, you can't fault him his choice of emissaries. It will probably go to sh*t because I think Trump wants it to. If it doesn't, and Iran caves which is about what it would take, bonus for Trump.

To answer an earlier question: IMO, the only way Iran would have even a chance against the US is to suck us into a land war. We are superior in every way except numbers on the ground and they DO count.

I've long been a fan of a crippling strike with the message do it again and we'll do it again, but unless we intend to capture every inch of ground and occupy by force, I'm firmly against boots on the ground. The Iranians were offsetting Saddam's superior technology by throwing sheer numbers at him and fought the war to a standstill. That would be as good as a win for Iran to pull off on the US.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

As Gunny said yesterday, before the two tankers were taken today, the US has been building up troops in Saudi Arabia for awhile now, if needed in the ME, (cough). Reason for USS Boxer and others.

Now FOX is "breaking news" that the DOD has admitted that they have been building up troops, especially marines.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I don't know what Trump is the thinking unless he's purposefully sending the biggest opponent on problems with Iran in the GOP. If it all goes to sh*t, you can't fault him his choice of emissaries. It will probably go to sh*t because I think Trump wants it to. If it doesn't, and Iran caves which is about what it would take, bonus for Trump.

To answer an earlier question: IMO, the only way Iran would have even a chance against the US is to suck us into a land war. We are superior in every way except numbers on the ground and they DO count.

I've long been a fan of a crippling strike with the message do it again and we'll do it again, but unless we intend to capture every inch of ground and occupy by force, I'm firmly against boots on the ground. The Iranians were offsetting Saddam's superior technology by throwing sheer numbers at him and fought the war to a standstill. That would be as good as a win for Iran to pull off on the US.
    I don't think there's any question that the US military can neutralize any threat to US interests and those assets of our allies, should we choose to do so. I know I do not have to be convinced of such.

I am always against 'boots on the ground' unless the US is willing to WIN whatever they enter. I wish politicians would be as serious with our military as they are with their political enemies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

They cannot combat us by sea or air. Once that is done our ground forces will overwhelm them,
    but they will be decimated long before that.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    They cannot combat us by sea or air. Once that is done our ground forces will overwhelm them,
    but they will be decimated long before that.
    We do not have the ground force to overwhelm them. Again, sheer numbers and the size of Iran is in their favor, not ours. I could care less about taking the place because we could never hold it. Screw nation-building. Blow the crap out of them and leave. Let THEM rebuild their own damned selves.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I imagine anything is possible if the sun's shining the right way and wind blowing in the right direction.

I see Mr Optimism the author ratcheted down to a "destroyer or carrier" towards the end of his speculating. Without having to write a book, I don't believe Iran has the technology to do anything more than piss us off. Let's say Iran hits the lotto and sinks a US carrier. The guy says "and win". Win what?

What about the other 10 carriers and support vessels? The USAF, USA, USMC and USCG?

In other words, the author fails to identify "war". Total war? Tit-for-tat shot trade in the Gulf?

I got a prediction. The day after an Iranian missile actually hit a US carrier Iran would have no more missiles, launch sites, nor anything even remotely suspected of having anything to do with Iranian missiles. Anywhere. That doesn't take a war. Just an ass kicking of of the first order.

Yep. I can kill you too, if:

1. You give me a gun
    2. You give me ammo for a gun
    3. You stay still
    4. You stay still and give me unlimited chances to hit you
    5. All of the above til I finally end you-it may be a few hits to non-vitals, so it may take awhile. Sorry.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Not that anyone actually cares, or reads what I have said here...so...

Donald Trump remembers the tactics of Teddy Roosevelt, and the words he famously once said.

If anyone wants to know what President Trump is doing, or thinking. Think about those words:

"WALK SOFTLY, AND CARRY A BIG STICK!"

Diplomacy, and not being afraid to show our enemies...we are not OBAMA, or CLINTON....is paying off. IMO.

The president doesn't want war, any more than any of us do, or those in the Military.

The Marines going to Saudi Arabia as a buildup...IMO...are another SHOW OF FORCE the president isn't afraid to show Iran....THE BIG STICK.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

16. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    They would not stand a chance with a Carrier Battle Group, with subs and additional assets close. USAF Strike bombers. Close by B-52's, B-1's and B-2's.
    Then the A-10 swooping to destroy the Persian Elite!
    Sorry, my friend!! Should have placed you first initially, knowing you obviously know the seas as good as anyone!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Likes Kathianne liked this post