Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Holy Freakin' COW... The Way Amazon Treats It's Workers...

Sure, I like getting my orders fast as the next guy, but then, when I worked for Harley Davidson, it was really much the same. Every single thing you did to a motorcycle was timed. We had XXX amount of time to complete a task, and we had a little clock printer that we had to clock in and out of a job with on the job order. How is this different than what Amazon is doing? Thing is, the better you were at your job, the less time it took you to do it, and the majority of times you could complete a task in less time than what the allotted time for it was. It was a little intimidating when I started, but it quickly became a nothing burger. I could beat the clock on EVERYTHING. I could actually LOAF between jobs, and still have a 140% efficiency rating.

But here we go... these people don't like having to do a job in a timely manner. They don't want to be treated like... ROBOTS...

==============

I Worked at an Amazon Fulfillment Center; They Treat Workers Like Robots

A group of workers with their fists raised in solidarity hold a scrawled sign: “We are humans not robots!” They and others at an Amazon warehouse in Minnesota protested in March and on July’s Amazon Prime Days. They were speaking against the day-to-day dehumanizing reality of their workplace.

If your only interaction with Amazon is packages arriving on your doorstep, it can be hard to understand what workers are unhappy about, or why one described his fulfillment center as an “existential sh-thole,” or why so many others shared stories about crying at work.

https://time.com/5629233/amazon-ware...atment-robots/
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-18-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

How unfair it is of Amazon to expect their workers to actually be WORKING while on the clock and to keep track of such.

I mean seriously it only stands to reason that as wages rise employers expect productivity to rise as well. That's how it works in the real world, you want more money, earn more money for your employer