Thread: Garden builds

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Garden builds

Most important feature of the house is that we now have Gardens!
    Bird Feeder went up and within the hour had a wee group find it.
    The garage also has a workbench area already in place so picking up some designs for bird houses, bat box, hedgehog shelter aswell as something for lone bees etc to get working on

Please feel free to leave any links to builds/guides for websites that could be helpful or you’ve used before (hand-based only as not yet in possession of machinery).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

2. Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Very cool!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Wish my projects were fun.

I get to spend my Saturday laying leach lines. Some dumb ass drove over mine with a tractor and crushed them so my plumbing has been getting blocked up.

Spent last weekend on a mini excavator digging new trenches, got 9,000 lbs of river stone delivered yesterday , tomorrow I lay 80 feet of new pipe and then cover it.

Yes, I own a mini excavator. Yes it is awesome fun to pay with LOL

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Wish my projects were fun.

I get to spend my Saturday laying leach lines. Some dumb ass drove over mine with a tractor and crushed them so my plumbing has been getting blocked up.

Spent last weekend on a mini excavator digging new trenches, got 9,000 lbs of river stone delivered yesterday , tomorrow I lay 80 feet of new pipe and then cover it.

Yes, I own a mini excavator. Yes it is awesome fun to pay with LOL
    Fairplay.
    The management at my work agreed to an area of derelict land behind our storage units being landscaped and set aside some funds for it, in total I think we used about 200lb of topsoil and 800lb of stone as it’s not a huge area, but it was my first time using an excavator to lay the topsoil/stone and dig a small area for a pond etc
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

6. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Fairplay.
    The management at my work agreed to an area of derelict land behind our storage units being landscaped and set aside some funds for it, in total I think we used about 200lb of topsoil and 800lb of stone as it’s not a huge area, but it was my first time using an excavator to lay the topsoil/stone and dig a small area for a pond etc
    I have 800 acres of land, having recenty bought my neighbor's property.

Quite a lot of that is wooded land that we brush hog as best we can, and I let people occasonaly take trees out of for wood, but a big portion of it is used for cattle and horses. So there is always something around my place needing repairs.

In case you don't know how big an acre is it is just a tad over 4,000 square meters. So, a little over 3.2M square meters.