Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default 97 for us tomorrow

was supposed to be like 102 during the week, so thats better! DC is already at 97 right now and gonna get worse. We have 97 and 97 for the weekend. DC will be 102 and 101. East Coast gonna be a hot one! I'll be home in the air with my generator ready just in case! And don't even ask about "real feel" temps in addition. Death Valley will be a relief in comparison.

Stay safe to those in the East with me!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

We might reach 71 here, but with a NNW breeze of 28-34 MPH, it will feel like the high 50's!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    was supposed to be like 102 during the week, so thats better! DC is already at 97 right now and gonna get worse. We have 97 and 97 for the weekend. DC will be 102 and 101. East Coast gonna be a hot one! I'll be home in the air with my generator ready just in case! And don't even ask about "real feel" temps in addition. Death Valley will be a relief in comparison.

96 degrees here right now with 88% humidity. It's awful .

Supposed to cool off some by Monday.

4. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

106, but the humidity is 23%, which is actually up there for us most of the time. Considering the other day it was 115, this won't feel so bad.

My kids are whining when I speak to them. Sorry about the heat, it will feel so good when it moves on.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    106, but the humidity is 23%, which is actually up there for us most of the time. Considering the other day it was 115, this won't feel so bad.

My kids are whining when I speak to them. Sorry about the heat, it will feel so good when it moves on.
    It's so hot that I actually had to drain a couple thousand gallons of water out my pool and refill it out of our well so that the pool doesn't feel like a damn bath. The water this morning when I went out was 92 degrees. Do you know how hot it has to be and for how long for a 27,000 gallon pool to reach 92 degrees (the thermometer I use floats at 4 feet under the surface in the deep end to get a more accurate temperature)

Water straight out of our well head reads 48 degrees , now of course it has to travel through a hose before getting to the pool and warms up some by it's running right now at 59 degrees straight out of the house. I'm hoping to cool the pool down to the lower 80s. When you've been working outside for hours no one wants to have a warm beer and jump into a warm bath tub.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    It's so hot that I actually had to drain a couple thousand gallons of water out my pool and refill it out of our well so that the pool doesn't feel like a damn bath. The water this morning when I went out was 92 degrees. Do you know how hot it has to be and for how long for a 27,000 gallon pool to reach 92 degrees (the thermometer I use floats at 4 feet under the surface in the deep end to get a more accurate temperature)

Water straight out of our well head reads 48 degrees , now of course it has to travel through a hose before getting to the pool and warms up some by it's running right now at 59 degrees straight out of the house. I'm hoping to cool the pool down to the lower 80s. When you've been working outside for hours no one wants to have a warm beer and jump into a warm bath tub.

That actually touches on one thing I've not liked, nor adjusted to, since moving here. COLD water isn't really cold from the tap. It's tepid in the winter and warm+ in the summer. Can only wash so many veggies with refrigerated water. Showers, like when it's over 110 are not refreshing, at best they are cleaning and that's not good.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That actually touches on one thing I've not liked, nor adjusted to, since moving here. COLD water isn't really cold from the tap. It's tepid in the winter and warm+ in the summer. Can only wash so many veggies with refrigerated water. Showers, like when it's over 110 are not refreshing, at best they are cleaning and that's not good.
    My well is 750 feet deep so even in the middle of August when it's over a 100 with 90% humidity here the well water is cold.

Thankfully, cuz we're in agreement , I need to feel refreshed from swimming or taking a shower or what have you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

My well is 750 feet deep so even in the middle of August when it's over a 100 with 90% humidity here the well water is cold.

Thankfully, cuz we're in agreement , I need to feel refreshed from swimming or taking a shower or what have you.
    I grew up early with well water. At about 7 we got Lake Michigan water. Cold and clean. Water here is a problem, damn desert! 🌵!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I grew up early with well water. At about 7 we got Lake Michigan water. Cold and clean. Water here is a problem, damn desert! 🌵!
    Oh, I know about deserts, my grandparents lived in Henderson NV for many years, I still have an aunt in Bullhead City AZ. Good Lord Bullhead AZ may actually be the portal from Earth to hell. No humidity , but that's off little comfort when the temperature is 128 degrees.

12. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Oh, I know about deserts, my grandparents lived in Henderson NV for many years, I still have an aunt in Bullhead City AZ. Good Lord Bullhead AZ may actually be the portal from Earth to hell. No humidity , but that's off little comfort when the temperature is 128 degrees.
    Yep, End of June and July suck. I spend most of my outside time in the dark and very early morning.

14. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yep, End of June and July suck. I spend most of my outside time in the dark and very early morning.
    My brother is coming to help me fix my plumbing tomorrow he just texted me said he'll be here at 630 ready to work. I hope to be done by 9. We'll have 4 people a tractor and an excavator, so it shouldn't be that bad but ...........

16. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Here at the beach...

]Chesapeake
    Newport News
    Norfolk
    Portsmouth
    Suffolk
    Virginia Beach
    Mostly Cloudy
    Norfolk/Hampton Roads
    Partly Cloudy
    Light Rain
    Newport News
    Isolated Thunderstorms
    Partly Cloudy
    Norfolk
    Partly Cloudy
    Partly Cloudy
    Norfolk
    Partly Cloudy
    Partly Cloudy
    Suffolk
    Partly Cloudy
    Partly Cloudy
    Norfolk
    93°F
    Partly Cloudy
    Feels like 104°
    Wind
    5 mph WNW
    Humidity
    56%
    Sunrise
    05:59 AM
    Sunset
    08:21 PM
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

97 (feels like 104) and sunny ummmm now?

Smoking is down on account of the aforementioned awaits on the smoke deck
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My brother is coming to help me fix my plumbing tomorrow he just texted me said he'll be here at 630 ready to work. I hope to be done by 9. We'll have 4 people a tractor and an excavator, so it shouldn't be that bad but ...........
    So we got started at 6:45 at 8 am a truck and trailer pull up in the driveway . A guy I know who's needing a couple hundred square bales, I told him to stop by when he wanted , get what he needs and then he can just pay me the next time he sees me. Well, he decided to just show up on a Saturday morning (LOL thinking he would beat the heat) so we stop what we're doing and head to Barn 3 where the square bales are kept and me , my brother , my brother in law, this guy and his son load two hundred square bales onto his truck and trailer. Then go back to our plumbing project.

LOL my poor new brother in law, he's only been in the family about 3 months and we put him to work almost every time we see him. He's a really good sport about it, Just jumps right in . Hes 45 years old, never been married, lived in an apt all his life, he really doesn't know how to do much as far as household repairs and such, but he's willing to do whatever you show him and he's just pitched right in, lots of things at my sister's house needing repaired that either she just wasn't worried about when it was just her and my niece, or my dad hadn't gotten around to yet that he's just jumped right in and done what he can. I told him a few weeks ago, just dive in, if you fuck it up, well come fix it lol.

So anyway Saturday when we got done with the plumbing we all went for a swim and then had a fish fry , he's a pretty quiet guy but figuring it out, so he ask me and my brother "how long I gotta be in the family before people show up to my house to help do work I'm too cheap to hire someone to do " LOL Guess were all going up to my sister's house next weekend to drywall her unfinished basement., he wants to finish it so he can have a man cave like the big boys.

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Lol @ “portal...to hell”
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

23. Thanks STTAB thanked this post