Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Arm was better, now sore...

Swelling went down a lot at least, but black, blue, purple and green from hand almost to elbow. Can see it coming from both sides of the bandaging and mini-cast.

But last night, as posted on my FB:

Plate and stitches in my arm... Went to bathroom around 2am today, and sat like a girl as I have a bogus prostate, plus the meds they have me on make it more difficult to pee. Well - next thing - I hear BOOM! - and that was me landing face first on the ground. Fell asleep and then just fell. Eye hurt and still does, headache and still there, and don't know if i hit my arm or not, but it hurt at that point. I luckily don't think I fell on it but just the weight falling made it hurt and throbbing for a few hours. And btw, was well after 3am when I looked at clock. WTF?

I hate myself.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Swelling went down a lot at least, but black, blue, purple and green from hand almost to elbow. Can see it coming from both sides of the bandaging and mini-cast.

But last night, as posted on my FB:

Plate and stitches in my arm... Went to bathroom around 2am today, and sat like a girl as I have a bogus prostate, plus the meds they have me on make it more difficult to pee. Well - next thing - I hear BOOM! - and that was me landing face first on the ground. Fell asleep and then just fell. Eye hurt and still does, headache and still there, and don't know if i hit my arm or not, but it hurt at that point. I luckily don't think I fell on it but just the weight falling made it hurt and throbbing for a few hours. And btw, was well after 3am when I looked at clock. WTF?

I hate myself.
    So you passed out? That's what it sounds like. If so, call the doc, could be an allergic reaction to one of the meds. They should check the arm again too! Get better and don't be a goof!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    So you passed out? That's what it sounds like. If so, call the doc, could be an allergic reaction to one of the meds. They should check the arm again too! Get better and don't be a goof!
    oh no, def not passed out - this has happened to me a bunch of times. The sleep crap I take makes me zombie like for some decent sleep. But woke up and had to go, and did my usual drill. I've fallen asleep like that many times like an ass, just never leaned forward while sleeping. I should have pinched myself, been more attentive until I crawled back in bed. But I fell asleep for a good 1:15 or so.

Thx!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You need a pee jug by the bed!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You need a pee jug by the bed!
    Moons ago, swung by a guys house with my nephew. Funny and cool kid we visited, gave him a ride back to my sis's house - anyway, his room near his computer, had to be 75 of those! Uggghhhh and Yuuuuuuuukkkkk

Maybe an emergency one, or bedpan I can see - but he lived like that and that just had to be months worth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Moons ago, swung by a guys house with my nephew. Funny and cool kid we visited, gave him a ride back to my sis's house - anyway, his room near his computer, had to be 75 of those! Uggghhhh and Yuuuuuuuukkkkk

Maybe an emergency one, or bedpan I can see - but he lived like that and that just had to be months worth.
    Oh lordy; the smell!

Just until you heal...

-Abbey

10. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

-Abbey

12. Likes jimnyc, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

At least no more falling. Miserable sleeping still though. Pain comes back... Sleep on a hard wedge pillow thingy that is 45 degrees, 2 pillows on top and its like sleeping in upright position. Pillow on left of body and one across the body to raise and comfort the arm. But then I keep waking on my side, pillows all over, and have to get up to use the bathroom and fix the bed. Gonna sleep well when this is all behind me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Get a pad to put in front of the stool for occasions like that... hell man, do something. You're having one heck of a time.

You sound like Elvis... only he never got back up.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-21-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Get a pad to put in front of the stool for occasions like that... hell man, do something. You're having one heck of a time.

You sound like Elvis... only he never got back up.
    I do believe Elvis was also eating banana and bacon and peanut butter sandwiches in addition to popping Quaaludes!

Not that there is anything wrong with that of course!

16. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I do believe Elvis was also eating banana and bacon and peanut butter sandwiches in addition to popping Quaaludes!

Not that there is anything wrong with that of course!
    I'm on my 5th cup of coffee already. Been up since 5:00. On my second dose of oxy too. I love a good morning buzz. Going to shower up pretty quick and hit 'er like a bitin' sow...

Now that the weather has straightened out a bit, cooler and less humid, I have some cement steps to form up and pour, but first have to pull out more shitty old rotten RR ties.

Probably give the new drone a maiden flight today too.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-21-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'm on my 5th cup of coffee already. Been up since 5:00. On my second dose of oxy too. I love a good morning buzz. Going to shower up pretty quick and hit 'er like a bitin' sow...

Now that the weather has straightened out a bit, cooler and less humid, I have some cement steps to form up and poor, but first have to pull out more shitty old rotten RR ties.

Probably give the new drone a maiden flight today too.
    I had two full cups and then just went down and fill the Double Cup!

I love that Oxycodone too brother but be careful as I took that shit for about 3 months straight and gobbled them 8-10 every day!! Got my last prescription of 90 of them my doctor warned me to taper off with them. I asked him what he meant and that's when he explained to me that they are very addictive. Hell I was eating them like candy I kind of knew they were addictive but I had no idea that the withdrawals would be so terrible. It was perhaps the worst 10 days of my life, but I was also my worst enemy has I didn't use anything at all to help counter that feeling as I was embarrassed and thought I deserved it and it was punishment of sorts. Your mind will tell you some crazy shit when you're going through things like that.

I have the exact same job as you to do starting tomorrow! That's funny. Will be putting in brand new blue stone and stucco on the sides and all new steps and framing in the whole nine yards... Look at all the supplies that I bought going to be a hard as hell job to do with only one arm!

Just a little cement mix and some cinder blocks:

Few more cinder blocks:

Gonna put down a little gravel and big stone blocks for stepping stone path to backyard, alongside the new steps:

Have to cut my new stairs, and got a couple extra:

And a ton of sand, literally, and extra 300lbs just in case:

and man, what a bitch getting it all there!

Good thing the company I hired brought a massive truck and forklift to unload it there, and my arm safe enough to watch as they start the contracted work tomorrow.

19. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

@jimnyc how the hell are you going to do that with 1 arm? You're nuts!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I had two full cups and then just went down and fill the Double Cup!

I love that Oxycodone too brother but be careful as I took that shit for about 3 months straight and gobbled them 8-10 every day!! Got my last prescription of 90 of them my doctor warned me to taper off with them. I asked him what he meant and that's when he explained to me that they are very addictive. Hell I was eating them like candy I kind of knew they were addictive but I had no idea that the withdrawals would be so terrible. It was perhaps the worst 10 days of my life, but I was also my worst enemy has I didn't use anything at all to help counter that feeling as I was embarrassed and thought I deserved it and it was punishment of sorts. Your mind will tell you some crazy shit when you're going through things like that.

I have the exact same job as you to do starting tomorrow! That's funny. Will be putting in brand new blue stone and stucco on the sides and all new steps and framing in the whole nine yards... Look at all the supplies that I bought going to be a hard as hell job to do with only one arm!

Just a little cement mix and some cinder blocks:

Few more cinder blocks:

Gonna put down a little gravel and big stone blocks for stepping stone path to backyard, alongside the new steps:

Have to cut my new stairs, and got a couple extra:

And a ton of sand, literally, and extra 300lbs just in case:

and man, what a bitch getting it all there!

Good thing the company I hired brought a massive truck and forklift to unload it there, and my arm safe enough to watch as they start the contracted work tomorrow.
    Wow... looks like you have a king sized project there. And like Kath said... how the heck you going to manage that with a broken arm?

Here's my new steps...

I have a cement mixer that I bought at an auction long ago and refurbished with new pulleys and belt and electric motor, motor mount, switch, the works, works awesome. I have to dig out the old RR ties and then build forms. Oddly enough, I like pouring cement. The end product is always pretty nice, and you know it'll last forever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The mess that needs fixing...

Pretty nice old mixer. Heavy duty, works like a charm...