Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    @jimnyc how the hell are you going to do that with 1 arm? You're nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Wow... looks like you have a king sized project there. And like Kath said... how the heck you going to manage that with a broken arm?
    Oh, my bad, sorry, somehow my text was sized as tiny, and also in the color white, so couldn't see it!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I couldn't do that kind of work anyway, even w/ supplies delivered! I fix computers and networking!! Lol
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    At least no more falling. Miserable sleeping still though. Pain comes back... Sleep on a hard wedge pillow thingy that is 45 degrees, 2 pillows on top and its like sleeping in upright position. Pillow on left of body and one across the body to raise and comfort the arm. But then I keep waking on my side, pillows all over, and have to get up to use the bathroom and fix the bed. Gonna sleep well when this is all behind me!
    Jim, do you have a recliner? It really got me through my arm surgery recovery period.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I couldn't do that kind of work anyway, even w/ supplies delivered! I fix computers and networking!! Lol
    I actually enjoy that kind of stuff. Keeps the ole bod in shape. Takes the place of having to work out on the gym...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-21-2019 at 10:58 AM.

8. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Jim, do you have a recliner? It really got me through my arm surgery recovery period.
    Remember me ever mentioning my overheating issues, body can't regulate itself properly and I just run warm. From one of the meds I take. Anyway, I do have one, but it's a leather recliner, and when not cool enough down there, Ill wake up uncomfy, sweating and sticking to the seat! Up here, I run the AC at 60 degrees since 2003! Only stopping for changes in units when they slowly die. Or when I'm real sick, as then I get cold/shaky quicker in here, but that's only happened like 7 or 8x or so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Remember me ever mentioning my overheating issues, body can't regulate itself properly and I just run warm. From one of the meds I take. Anyway, I do have one, but it's a leather recliner, and when not cool enough down there, Ill wake up uncomfy, sweating and sticking to the seat! Up here, I run the AC at 60 degrees since 2003! Only stopping for changes in units when they slowly die. Or when I'm real sick, as then I get cold/shaky quicker in here, but that's only happened like 7 or 8x or so.

I do remember that. I have a small fabric recliner in the bedroom. Can you fit one in yours? It would be a worthwhile purchase.
    I use it anytime I can't sleep, too (and who doesn't have those nights?). I read in it, also. It's nothing like those big ugly (but very comfy) leather recliners that people put in their family rooms, etc. I had it custom-upholstered in white, and it's actually pretty feminine. But I'm sure you could find a more manly fabric than I have, lol.

-Abbey

11. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I do remember that. I have a small fabric recliner in the bedroom. Can you fit one in yours? It would be a worthwhile purchase.
    I use it anytime I can't sleep, too (and who doesn't have those nights?). I read in it, also. It's nothing like those big ugly (but very comfy) leather recliners that people put in their family rooms, etc. I had it custom-upholstered in white, and it's actually pretty feminine. But I'm sure you could find a more manly fabric than I have, lol.
    It would be tight in here, and I though of even temporarily at times, but too much work to have to repeat and bring back downstairs. I may try anyway, as mine breaks down to 2 pieces easily enough, and times like this wouldn't bug me to have the room overloaded.

13. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

It would be tight in here, and I though of even temporarily at times, but too much work to have to repeat and bring back downstairs. I may try anyway, as mine breaks down to 2 pieces easily enough, and times like this wouldn't bug me to have the room overloaded.
    You could also just throw a big soft blanket over the chair... like a comforter or something...

15. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Damn. Contractors worked until 6pm last night until 90% done already!! Started to rain. They covered everything, cleaned up and went home. It's still raining 13.5 hours later, so no work today.

But before they covered it - it was looking sweet! I can't wait. Tons of rock arrive tomorrow to cover the area from where you enter the backyard after opening gate, just after bottom of steps.... Then the rock will cover to the side fence of the yard, all the way to where the back of the house ends. Then 3'x3' (could be 4, don't remember) - bluestone rock will make 7 steps along the gravel.

This was the lame beginning. Used a jackhammer for a few hours and cut down much of the old porch and foundation, then new cinder blocks and all new beautiful bluestone thick steps, and the framing of the top, and lower platform of the porch.

So here's the hammer and the very beginning. Then I had to stay inside... looked out window upstairs in back yard - and it was lunchtime! LOL

17. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Must be tough working in that awful heat.

-Abbey

19. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Must be tough working in that awful heat.
    Fri-Sat-Sun, turned out to be 97-97-97 here and felt like Hell-Hell-Hell

Yesterday was hot as hell, but more like a high of 87 this time, and was winter in comparison!!

21. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Fri-Sat-Sun, turned out to be 97-97-97 here and felt like Hell-Hell-Hell

Yesterday was hot as hell, but more like a high of 87 this time, and was winter in comparison!!
    Ugg, the humidity!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill