Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Disturbing, isn't it ? Maybe he was acutely aware of just how completely outrageous his comments were ! Maybe he knew they were so extreme that - sooner or later - somebody would HAVE to leak them ?

Could it also be that Darroch was an especially disgusting example of an attention seeker ? Was he chasing notoriety in diplomatic circles ?
    So you think he leaked on himself?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    So you think he leaked on himself?
    I don't think I've said, or remotely hinted, any such thing. Where do you get that suggestion from ?

Could it be that Darroch's vitriol was SO extreme, and SO staggering, that just because of the substance and nature of it (this from a 'DIPLOMAT' ) ... in some peoples' minds, regardless of the correctness of doing so, it just seemed to be begging to be publicly disseminated ?

Maybe Darroch, as I've said, enjoys notoriety. Maybe he wanted to make his mark in the circles he was a part of, and earn a reputation he somehow thought gave rise to cause for 'pride' .. ? There's much difference between publicly releasing text and still having it well known about, say, in the offices receiving it.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I don't think I've said, or remotely hinted, any such thing. Where do you get that suggestion from ?

Could it be that Darroch's vitriol was SO extreme, and SO staggering, that just because of the substance and nature of it (this from a 'DIPLOMAT' ) ... in some peoples' minds, regardless of the correctness of doing so, it just seemed to be begging to be publicly disseminated ?

Maybe Darroch, as I've said, enjoys notoriety. Maybe he wanted to make his mark in the circles he was a part of, and earn a reputation he somehow thought gave rise to cause for 'pride' .. ? There's much difference between publicly releasing text and still having it well known about, say, in the offices receiving it.

I thought it because of the things you're writing, like those above. It's like he has something 'jumping out of him squealing 'Trump Hate', that's getting everyone hinky?' I dunno, but it certainly sounds odd.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill