Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    It looks great, Jim!

Until the railing is in (and maybe after) it would be safer and look nice if you can put a couple of potted plants/flowers along the edge.
    Typical woman. Isn't even finished and you're already re-decorating
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think my wifey is hoping my little Chihuahua falls off and meets his maker!

But Abs is correct of course! I already almost fell off when she was on there too and I took some pics yesterday. Probably put 3-4 of them there, at minimum as reminders kind of. Don't need my wife or son suing me!!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Guilty!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think my wifey is hoping my little Chihuahua falls off and meets his maker!

But Abs is correct of course! I already almost fell off when she was on there too and I took some pics yesterday. Probably put 3-4 of them there, at minimum as reminders kind of. Don't need my wife or son suing me!!!
    How long does your arm have to survive being your arm before it's out of danger ?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

How long does your arm have to survive being your arm before it's out of danger ?
    In THAT respect, it's been out of danger. Now that the plate and screws are in there, it's stronger than it was before - so I would say that NOW I am definitely out of danger of harming where I broke my arm. Do you think danger gives a F and doesn't soon locate my gps signals anyway? Just give it a little time...

But did you see that congealed bruising? And that nasty incision? It's still healing so still much pain. But I think that's the wrist and finally movement. They had it wrapped in a cast more or less, and a curved arch built under the palm built in with it all. This kept the wrist in a small elevated position, and of course unable to twist and turn. So as of this morning, that's the first real movement in the wrist since June 3rd! A month almost in June and then 24 days in July. For the first 2 minutes it felt like I broke it again!! But has been feeling better slowly but surely.

In short - you're correct and then some - it's been long enough. And PLEASE I hope my wife doesn't see anything negative, I HAVE to drive freely now & be able to somewhat function.

And my my my my my am I looking forward to an ENTIRE night of sleep, without a sling or cast on. Not sure if any pain will find me going forward, but I need SLEEP.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

In THAT respect, it's been out of danger. Now that the plate and screws are in there, it's stronger than it was before - so I would say that NOW I am definitely out of danger of harming where I broke my arm. Do you think danger gives a F and doesn't soon locate my gps signals anyway? Just give it a little time...

But did you see that congealed bruising? And that nasty incision? It's still healing so still much pain. But I think that's the wrist and finally movement. They had it wrapped in a cast more or less, and a curved arch built under the palm built in with it all. This kept the wrist in a small elevated position, and of course unable to twist and turn. So as of this morning, that's the first real movement in the wrist since June 3rd! A month almost in June and then 24 days in July. For the first 2 minutes it felt like I broke it again!! But has been feeling better slowly but surely.

In short - you're correct and then some - it's been long enough. And PLEASE I hope my wife doesn't see anything negative, I HAVE to drive freely now & be able to somewhat function.

And my my my my my am I looking forward to an ENTIRE night of sleep, without a sling or cast on. Not sure if any pain will find me going forward, but I need SLEEP.
    Along with my Titanium arm plate, we could be some weird over-the-hill Super Hero team.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My wife to a TEE. No matter how many times I beg her "one project at a time" She'll make plans, we'll get a project going, I'll go buy everything I'm gonna need to do the project and the next day she's like " I would also like to _______"

We're gonna build a an outdoor kitchen area, I've already poured the slab, which means plumbing and such is in place. I'm going to Home Depot Sunday to order all of the framing lumber and other materials I need to get started. Here comes my wife "What do you think about closing the space between outdoor kitchen area and the house and turning it into 2 new bedrooms?"

I just looked at her "are you really asking me what I think, or are you telling me this is what we're doing unless I want you upset with me?"

she looked at me "I'll dress up in that outfit you like "

Me "yeah I guess it woudn't be that difficult to add in 2 bedrooms while we're adding on"

worst part is KNOW that once I make those changes and get started she'll be on the other side of farm dreaming up some other project that I'll end up doing too

13. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    My wife to a TEE. No matter how many times I beg her "one project at a time" She'll make plans, we'll get a project going, I'll go buy everything I'm gonna need to do the project and the next day she's like " I would also like to _______"

We're gonna build a an outdoor kitchen area, I've already poured the slab, which means plumbing and such is in place. I'm going to Home Depot Sunday to order all of the framing lumber and other materials I need to get started. Here comes my wife "What do you think about closing the space between outdoor kitchen area and the house and turning it into 2 new bedrooms?"

I just looked at her "are you really asking me what I think, or are you telling me this is what we're doing unless I want you upset with me?"

she looked at me "I'll dress up in that outfit you like "

Me "yeah I guess it woudn't be that difficult to add in 2 bedrooms while we're adding on"

worst part is KNOW that once I make those changes and get started she'll be on the other side of farm dreaming up some other project that I'll end up doing too
    Oh I know the type. Glad she ran off to FL and hasn't returned

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Oh I know the type. Glad she ran off to FL and hasn't returned
    My wife is literally perfect in every other way, and she tolerates me so

And though I'd never admit it to her , her projects do always turn out great when I'm done with them

But yeah my dad likes to say my mom has trained her well LOL . Her , my mom, and my mother in law feed off each other, we all live close to each other and each time time they get together "oh girl your house would look so great with a __________ and it wouldn't even cost that much because the men can do all the work"

I mean and I don't even mind doing the work, but one project at a time please. When I'm building a fucking 3 bedroom wing onto my home and my dad shows up and says "oh yeah well your mom wants to know if you'd come help add a bathroom to her house" I mean come on, I'm not even a carpenter, I just do what I can do lol.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    My wife is literally perfect in every other way, and she tolerates me so

And though I'd never admit it to her , her projects do always turn out great when I'm done with them

But yeah my dad likes to say my mom has trained her well LOL . Her , my mom, and my mother in law feed off each other, we all live close to each other and each time time they get together "oh girl your house would look so great with a __________ and it wouldn't even cost that much because the men can do all the work"

I mean and I don't even mind doing the work, but one project at a time please. When I'm building a fucking 3 bedroom wing onto my home and my dad shows up and says "oh yeah well your mom wants to know if you'd come help add a bathroom to her house" I mean come on, I'm not even a carpenter, I just do what I can do lol.
    Mine wasn't tolerating me Most people weren't at the time. I've gotten over it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well I didn't get much done on my forms. Got a start though. Had to buy a new 48" level too. But got all the old rotten RR ties out and a couple of the forms done. Not a straight or level surface to work with so I had to do some creative marking and measuring, then the kid has questions on skype and Heather has to stop over needing a map and a couple pictures printed and that did it for the day. I'll resume tomorrow hopefully without any interruptions.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, Jim, but it is about new steps...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-25-2019 at 04:54 PM.

19. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

It's tiny...

But nice and very well done.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    It's tiny...

But nice and very well done.
    I can't wait to move further south! Bigger, wider & cheaper!

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I can't wait to move further south! Bigger, wider & cheaper!
    The steps, or the women?

-Abbey

25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The steps, or the women?

Yes.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

27. Thanks Gunny thanked this post