Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default No points license in 13 years

Nonetheless, my record in NY is worse than I thought! Needed it, and it was only $7 for the entire shebang for last 20 years, so why not? Looks like I got a total of 19 points in the first 5-7 years!! But point free since 2006 and somehow no points at all now.

--

Welcome to NY!

1988 - Passed red light - 3 points
    1999 - Speed in zone 77-50 - 6 points!
    1999 - Seat belt violation - 0 points
    2000 - Seat belt violation - 0 points
    2001 - Backing unsafely - 2 points
    2002 - Speed in zone 70-50 - 4 points
    2003 - Seat belt violation - 0 points
    2006 - Disobeyed traffic device - 2 points
    2006 - Seat belt violation - 0 points
    2011 - Seat belt violation - 0 points

Fwiw - all but one seat belt violation were other actions (speeding, and illegal passing - on-ramp for 95), and cops dropped lower thanks to pba/fop cards!!
    2007 - Disobeyed traffic device - 2 points
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have not gotten a single point.

My thinking is that being affiliated with LE agencies it would
    be both compromising and embarrassing if I got stopped.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I have not gotten a single point.

My thinking is that being affiliated with LE agencies it would
    be both compromising and embarrassing if I got stopped.
    Yeah, I posted half heartedly. I know that's a horrible 20 year span. But speeding on NY highways, of which they all were, is nearly impossible NOT to do, even in the damn right lane. Do so at your own peril, and that's why more and more are opening to 70-75. Then the traffic device ones. No good excuse there, just like 6 seconds of my life leading to all the tickets combined!

But the worst was the - "Backing Unsafely" which was a crock of shit!

I went to Dunkin Donuts - 1st time, new to the town. Angle parking on both sides, with a double yellow in the center. So I parked and went in to get a coffee. While I was inside a pretty good sized truck pulled alongside my right and parked, and the guys went in and sat down.

So when I leave, of course I must backup while slowly turning the wheel to the right, until I can see no traffic coming to the right of both of us - and then back in drive and away. Due to him being in my way, I had to backup VERY slowly and ensure no one was coming before putting back in drive. Had little to no choice and my 2 rear tires TOUCHED the double yellow line in the center, and then into drive.

Cop yanked me over within about 10 small stores away. It was like 4am and the ONLY place open was D&D. Cop didn't care that I literally couldn't see, so took very slow precaution before cutting the wheel and turning. 2 points on license!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yeah, I posted half heartedly. I know that's a horrible 20 year span. But speeding on NY highways, of which they all were, is nearly impossible NOT to do, even in the damn right lane. Do so at your own peril, and that's why more and more are opening to 70-75. Then the traffic device ones. No good excuse there, just like 6 seconds of my life leading to all the tickets combined!

But the worst was the - "Backing Unsafely" which was a crock of shit!

I went to Dunkin Donuts - 1st time, new to the town. Angle parking on both sides, with a double yellow in the center. So I parked and went in to get a coffee. While I was inside a pretty good sized truck pulled alongside my right and parked, and the guys went in and sat down.

So when I leave, of course I must backup while slowly turning the wheel to the right, until I can see no traffic coming to the right of both of us - and then back in drive and away. Due to him being in my way, I had to backup VERY slowly and ensure no one was coming before putting back in drive. Had little to no choice and my 2 rear tires TOUCHED the double yellow line in the center, and then into drive.

Cop yanked me over within about 10 small stores away. It was like 4am and the ONLY place open was D&D. Cop didn't care that I literally couldn't see, so took very slow precaution before cutting the wheel and turning. 2 points on license!
    If I got a damn ticket every time I've been pulled over for speeding, I would have lost my license years ago. I love fast cars and whats the point in having a fast car if you're going to drive slow LOL

I did get one in OK a few months ago on the Turnpike . We were hauling ass and I got caught by an airplane , they were just tracking everyone and then just pulling people over as they got off the turnpike. "sir our radar shows you hit 110 in a 75 at one point" Really? I didn't even know this car would do 110 (actually it will do 140 and he caught me on radar well after I had slowed down LOL)

Gave me a ticket for 90 in a 75. $300, but he easily could have just impounded my car and hauled me to jail for going that fast.

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Got me thinking ... even though we all know they used to have quotas, and we all know they have sworn since they no longer do that and don't have quotas. How man believe they don't have quotas?

Speaking for my state that has no state income tax alone (and some common sense), somebody needs to explain that "no quota" line of crap to the cops around here. SAPD isn't so bad but the State Police? They're like predators.

It's all revenue for the state.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke