Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Bam!

Right down on my right knee on the tile floor with all my weight. Did I mention I love my grandson

Yes it hurts and yes it left a mark. Nothing broken so I can't share any Jimbob "you were there" moments with you

Hard part's living with two crybaby, pussy males that it'll be a cold day in Hell before they see me whine about shit.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Right down on my right knee on the tile floor with all my weight. Did I mention I love my grandson

Yes it hurts and yes it left a mark. Nothing broken so I can't share any Jimbob "you were there" moments with you

Hard part's living with two crybaby, pussy males that it'll be a cold day in Hell before they see me whine about shit.
    Ouch! I said it for you!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I feel ya.

A few weeks ago I spilled hot bacon grease all over my left forearm. It was REALLY hot. Sizzled when it hit the skin, burned a hole almost right down to to vein. At one point I had no less than 30 blisters on my wrist. I put some burn spray on it wrapped it in gauze and went about my business. Aint no way one of my boys is going to hear stories about dad whining about a burn.

But yeah it fucking hurt. A LOT. The day after it happened I ran into town and went to the pharmacy to get gauze and such. The pharmacists looks at it and asks if I went to the doctor "no, why bother, charge me $300 and tell me to get some antibotics and gauze" he laughed and said "you're either stupid or tough"

I'm both LOL

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That is a video we’d all love to see!

Sorry Gunny. If you say it hurts, it’s probably bad.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Not trying to sound like a smart-ass here, but...

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I feel ya.

A few weeks ago I spilled hot bacon grease all over my left forearm. It was REALLY hot. Sizzled when it hit the skin, burned a hole almost right down to to vein. At one point I had no less than 30 blisters on my wrist. I put some burn spray on it wrapped it in gauze and went about my business. Aint no way one of my boys is going to hear stories about dad whining about a burn.

But yeah it fucking hurt. A LOT. The day after it happened I ran into town and went to the pharmacy to get gauze and such. The pharmacists looks at it and asks if I went to the doctor "no, why bother, charge me $300 and tell me to get some antibotics and gauze" he laughed and said "you're either stupid or tough"

I'm both LOL
    Burns are the most dangerous....Infection generating kinds of wounds you can get. After my quadruple bypass...I had Sepsis form in my right leg...next to where they inserted the scope. The Infection kept me bedridden for a month, getting two shots a day, everyday. My upper Thigh looked like a Huge Baked Ham. If you develop any kind of infection like that. Get to the hospital. SCREW THE 300 bucks, unless that is all your life is worth.
    NOT A JOKE with burns.

THIS IS FROM GOOGLE....."Seek immediate medical attention if you think your burn has become infected. An infection can usually be treated with antibiotics and painkilling medication, if necessary. In rare cases, an infected burn can cause blood poisoning (sepsis) or toxic shock syndrome. These serious conditions can be fatal if not treated."
    Last edited by icansayit; 07-30-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Burns are the most dangerous....Infection generating kinds of wounds you can get. After my quadruple bypass...I had Sepsis form in my right leg...next to where they inserted the scope. The Infection kept me bedridden for a month, getting two shots a day, everyday. My upper Thigh looked like a Huge Baked Ham. If you develop any kind of infection like that. Get to the hospital. SCREW THE 300 bucks, unless that is all your life is worth.
    NOT A JOKE with burns.

THIS IS FROM GOOGLE....."Seek immediate medical attention if you think your burn has become infected. An infection can usually be treated with antibiotics and painkilling medication, if necessary. In rare cases, an infected burn can cause blood poisoning (sepsis) or toxic shock syndrome. These serious conditions can be fatal if not treated."
    I was already on a pretty strong antibiotic from a previous situation where my index finger on my right hand ballooned up to the size of a baby's forearm for no apparent reason.

As for pain killers, I don't take them often and when I get a prescription I hoard them. I had a tooth ace last year, dentist gave me a script for 20 oxy. I took 1, put the rest up. I had 19 in the bottle when this burn happened. First night it hurt like a motherfucker, I took 1 put the rest up and medicated with beer for about a week until it pretty much stopped hurting. My forearm is still fairly well discolored but it doesn't hurt at all any more.

Sorry Gunny didn't mean to derail your "I have a booboo" thread with stories of my own booboo LOL

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    That is a video we’d all love to see!

Sorry Gunny. If you say it hurts, it’s probably bad.
    If I had a video I'd post it. Nothing spectacular except my typical, male Marine reaction. I rolled my leg over to lift it and my shoe went right into the cat box. Now I got these high-dollar white high-tops and my first thought besides *THAT F-ING HURTS* was "hope I didn't get cat sh*t on my sneak"

My granddaughter looked at me waiting for a whine or something and I just said, "Damn, that's going to leave a mark". Then beat feet as fast as I could hobble to my room

I'm thinking no leg work with the weights tomorrow
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks Abbey Marie, STTAB thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I feel ya.

I'm both LOL
    I hate burns. I can deal with broken bones better. And I hear ya on the doc. I ain't sitting around at sick call for 3-4 hours so some yutz can tell me "nothing's broken. Here's some motrin. Give it plenty of rest".

I already have motrin and a cane and knee braces for all seasons.

16. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I was already on a pretty strong antibiotic from a previous situation where my index finger on my right hand ballooned up to the size of a baby's forearm for no apparent reason.

As for pain killers, I don't take them often and when I get a prescription I hoard them. I had a tooth ace last year, dentist gave me a script for 20 oxy. I took 1, put the rest up. I had 19 in the bottle when this burn happened. First night it hurt like a motherfucker, I took 1 put the rest up and medicated with beer for about a week until it pretty much stopped hurting. My forearm is still fairly well discolored but it doesn't hurt at all any more.

Sorry Gunny didn't mean to derail your "I have a booboo" thread with stories of my own booboo LOL
    Eh. We all get them. Wish I had some good pics like Jimbob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    NOT A JOKE with burns.

Now that I actually know what happened to me for the most part, I had what is called an empyema. In English, that's a cyst on the lung. They ran a tube through my back and into my lung and for lack of a better way to explain it, my lung was on dialysis. The tube in the back meant complete immobilization; hence, the couldn't walk part. I had to take antibiotics for 3 months AFTER I left the hospital.

SO, I hear ya. Infection is ZERO fun and what really pisses me off about it is there is NOTHING you can do about it (once you have it). You HAVE to go to the doc.

19. Thanks icansayit, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I empathize with the knee thing.

I twisted my bad one 3 days ago and had to go light on stooping and bending.
    Shoe tread got caught in the damn carpet when I pivoted on my toes instead of my
    heel as I had been taught.

Half of the cartilage has been removed from that one. It aches constantly.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That sucks, feel better, bro! And just in case, speed racer....
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Well, I've put off "legs" long enough (day and a half ). If I'm right back, no one will need to ask if it worked

If I'm not, I'll either be doing some half-ass squats and cleans, or laying under the bar on the floor

24. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here's Gunny's screwed up knee! texted it to me sometime yesterday, so I could proceed to laugh at him! Ok, I didn't do that, just chatted.

Looks to be good n swelled and bruised in at least 4 spots I can see, hence the swelling. But the tendons, muscles, that's the internal crap of the knee that takes the worst of it!

Get it looked at man!! Even when not swelled and bruised, easier to screw up our knees and bones!! Just a fact of life.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

26. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I screwed up with my first 'help.'

"Dammit! Ouch! Dammit! Oh hell!"

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

28. Thanks Gunny thanked this post