Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Gunny ... I fell on knee in 2014 and had surgery in 2015. Doc said knee replacement in 5-7 years. Knees are better now than 5 years ago. When it feels a little wonky around knee I get Traumeel injection. $20.00 and typically lasts couple months.

Traumeel® Injection Solution is an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-edematous, anti-exudative combination formulation of 12 botanical ingredients, 1 mineral substance and 1 animal derived substance. Traumeel® Injection Solution is officially classified as a homeopathic combination drug.

Botanical ingredients:
    Arnica montana. radix (Mountain arnica), Calendula officinalis (Marigold), Hamamelis virginina (Witch hazel), Millefolium (Milfoil), Belladonna (Deadly nightshade), Aconitum napellus (Monkshood), Chamomilla (Chamomile), Symphytum officinale (Comfrey), Bellis perennis (Daisy), Echinacea (Narrow-leaf coneflower), Echinacea purpurea (Purple coneflower), Hypericum perforatum (St. John's Wort)
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Gunny ... I fell on knee in 2014 and had surgery in 2015. Doc said knee replacement in 5-7 years. Knees are better now than 5 years ago. When it feels a little wonky around knee I get Traumeel injection. $20.00 and typically lasts couple months.

Traumeel® Injection Solution is an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-edematous, anti-exudative combination formulation of 12 botanical ingredients, 1 mineral substance and 1 animal derived substance. Traumeel® Injection Solution is officially classified as a homeopathic combination drug.

Botanical ingredients:
    Arnica montana. radix (Mountain arnica), Calendula officinalis (Marigold), Hamamelis virginina (Witch hazel), Millefolium (Milfoil), Belladonna (Deadly nightshade), Aconitum napellus (Monkshood), Chamomilla (Chamomile), Symphytum officinale (Comfrey), Bellis perennis (Daisy), Echinacea (Narrow-leaf coneflower), Echinacea purpurea (Purple coneflower), Hypericum perforatum (St. John's Wort)
    I hated those injections!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Here's Gunny's screwed up knee! texted it to me sometime yesterday, so I could proceed to laugh at him! Ok, I didn't do that, just chatted.

Looks to be good n swelled and bruised in at least 4 spots I can see, hence the swelling. But the tendons, muscles, that's the internal crap of the knee that takes the worst of it!

Get it looked at man!! Even when not swelled and bruised, easier to screw up our knees and bones!! Just a fact of life.

Have the kneecap x-rayed.

I found out in second surgery that mine was once broken.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I hated those injections!
    You've done Traumeel? They work great for me.

NP who gives mine is so good there's no discomfort from the shot at all.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Here's Gunny's screwed up knee! texted it to me sometime yesterday, so I could proceed to laugh at him! Ok, I didn't do that, just chatted.

Looks to be good n swelled and bruised in at least 4 spots I can see, hence the swelling. But the tendons, muscles, that's the internal crap of the knee that takes the worst of it!

Get it looked at man!! Even when not swelled and bruised, easier to screw up our knees and bones!! Just a fact of life.

Can always count on you

I was referring to the swelling. That scab is the only visible damage. The rest of those "spots" are scars. That knee for some reason is and always has been a damage magnet, not counting using it for a weapon back in the martial arts days. Mostly Marine and sports damage.

But I feel better. Now I too have a creepy, damaged body part pic on the board Just like Jimbob Not as many, but WTH
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke